Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Scammers and cheats

S2dFS2dF Registered Users 6 Posts
First off I'd like to say, I'm sure there are a million posts about scammers and cheaters but I'm going to make a new one anyway.

So I'd like to start off by saying that scammers and cheaters get on my nerves. It's not just the lobby jumpers trying to steal cars from lower level players, or the scammers that use bait cars and switch for pinks. It's not even the people that just flat out lie why you make a deal to buy or trade a car. ITS ALL OF THEM!!!!

Why do people feel the need to try and scam people? Does it make a lobby jumper feel like a big man when he goes into a 40s rated lobby with a 60s or 70s rated car to try and "earn" some respect? With all the scamming going on, it's hard to get to trust people who are looking to make an honest trade. If it makes you cheaters feel better about yourself that you've stolen something that's not yours don't feel bad when it happens to you, even in real life.

And I do t need replies about being butthurt or mad because I've been scammed because it doesn't matter. This is just a game, but it's annoying as all sin when I'm trying to just get ahold of a rare car, or a car that I can't buy without gems, only for some loser schmuck to just take me hard earned cash. Get your cash like everyone else does, go race your car, enter showdowns and rueful wars, stop lieing to everyone about what you're doing.

I spend more time in my game thwarting off would be scammers and pm's from random nobodies wanting to pink my ride. If I don't know you, have seen a race replay in the game, I sure as hell aren't going to just pink you because you asked. Goos racers are a dime a dozen on this app, honest racers are a lot harder to find.

Let's stop the scamming. And the devs should work on a fair trade network for the game, because it is needed.

My two cents.

You want to race, pull your cat up to the line and bring it. You want to scam, take your jallopy and your snake oil tongue down the street and peddle your scam story to someone else.

And discuss.....

Comments

• Options
    RR718RRRR718RR Registered Users 46 Posts
    Not for nothing but everyone complains about the same thing over and over again, Lobby Jumpers,...easy...there is no such thing..its part of the game and now you can see the other persons level,...stop trying to pink with a stock car,....2. Trades are not supported so that's at your own risk you make a deal and get (scammed) that's on you, completely your fault. Bait cars...easy...pay attention...if someone you bet comes back a few minutes later and wants to pink than something is wrong, plus learn to read a cars torque it will make life easier for you...
  • Options
    S2dFS2dF Registered Users 6 Posts
    Anyone wishing to add scammers here, go right ahead.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    S2dF said:

Anyone wishing to add scammers here, go right ahead.

Actually don't. Scammers are not recognized officially as you can't get scammed on something that isn't sanctioned.

If you want to discuss scammers: http://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/categories/unofficial-scammers-list
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    Koaleader171Koaleader171 Registered Users 457 Posts
    As ryyst said, they clearly say trading isn't supported. Believe me I know how it is to get scammed, and I don't blame ya for being upset/irritated. But when we do a deal and get scammed it is OUR faults. Now, do I believe lobby jumping is fair? Well I don't like it, but the fact is that regular multiplayer races are about equal to illegal street drags in real life. Anybody can jump in and you have no idea what they are running unless you race them. Goes the same for sandbagging. In official drags, you usually have to "sandbag" to keep from breaking your ET. Account switchers I don't approve of, but like the gentleman above said, if you bet them and they chicken, then come back and raise to pinks, don't do it. If they have an account with a bunch of letters or numbers in their name, avoid them. Also, if their profile picture is all black, 99% of the time they have two accounts. They only way ou will get fair races is to go to turf or tournaments, which are the same as bracket/tourneys/official drags in real life. Honestly just pay attention, don't do trades, and if the game bothers you that much just delete it. Nothing is worth that much aggravation.
    "Whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."