Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Porsche anyone?

Prince_CMPrince_CM Registered Users 2,305 Posts
New cars should be added, and porsche has been on my mind for awhile lol. Anyone ever heard of the Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion? Its a beautiful car. In my opinion, it should be used a new turf car. The Porsche 935, is another beautiful car lol. This should be a new turf car also. What do you guys/girls think?

Comments

• Options
    If you dont know what these cars are, look it up. You wont regret it :D
  • Options
    Yeah ik the licensing stuff, but its just a suggestion @1990 gts
  • Options
    KingRafa559KingRafa559 Registered Users 1,071 Posts
    It would be nice to have a Porsche 911 gt3
  • Options
    youlieyoulie Registered Users 3,798 Posts
    edited February 2016
    Its impossible to have Porsche in this game. I forget which game it is but when they got the license from Porsche one of the stipulations was Porsche could not appear in any other racing game. Or so the story goes
  • Options
    cobra502cobra502 Registered Users 359 Posts
    Audi too =(
  • Options
    Caboose1744Caboose1744 Registered Users 13,341 Posts
    Yea they took them out of forza also :(
    What's up beautiful?
  • Options
    shtoobieshtoobie Registered Users 7,944 Posts
    cobra502 said:

Audi too =(

I believe Audi's are in NFS
  • Options
    Ralph2sweetRalph2sweet Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 30 Posts
    Need for speed is mainly the reason for it, they have exclusives to Porche. Forza spent millions just to have a few cars put in forza 5
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Car licenses are neat....

We have more manufacturers in the works... its not a quick process.... unless you are EA I guess.... they have $$$
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    Lol
  • Options
    thelord17thelord17 Registered Users 790 Posts
    edited February 2016
    EA might have a lot of $$$ but they still don't have decent server support smh
  • Options
    Lbhero34Lbhero34 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 38 Posts
    Hey ryyst is there a reason behind the top 100 rwb not being paintable? It's one of the only top 100 cars that is like that. Just curious cause it would look great with a paint job and the rims that came with it
  • Options
    Galactic EmperorGalactic Emperor Registered Users 3,940 Posts
    Porsche doesn't like their cars in many games. Need for Speed series is one of the few exceptions, and Forza has a Porsche DLC, but a lot of games don't, so they're usually replaced by Rufs.

I'm guessing Rivals is just using RWBs as a replacement.
    I can see the Statue of Liberty from here
  • Options
    andrewlo1241andrewlo1241 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 256 Posts
    Hey what about the game add electric cars and make them in a class like the e class. Then they'll go and do d class. I mean Tesla is faster then a Porsche on the straight way. Can you guys consider this. Also if not at least add the Tesla
  • Options
    shtoobieshtoobie Registered Users 7,944 Posts

Hey what about the game add electric cars and make them in a class like the e class. Then they'll go and do d class. I mean Tesla is faster then a Porsche on the straight way. Can you guys consider this. Also if not at least add the Tesla

Why have a class below D?

Just put tesla in the game as a and s and r class cars
  • Options
    Koaleader171Koaleader171 Registered Users 457 Posts
    Its not just the licensing either. Its the budget. Even if the manufacturer would ALLOW tgier cars to be used, it doesn't mean GLU as a company can afford to add those cars
    "Whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."