Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Question directly for admin

Casedood2k4Casedood2k4 Registered Users 35 Posts
Admin, I have a question regarding the "glitches / hackers" and what not. I understand pinks is pinks and you lose the race you lose your ride. I'm totally OK with losing. In fact, I like it because it let's me know where I need to improve. HOWEVER, for all these guys like me that are confident in their racing and builds that are accepting high stakes bets and pinks are losing to direct glitches (game or player), why can't anything be done to either get back what it rightfully ours, or at least take it from the ones that shouldn't have it?

Comments

• Options
    I'll give an example: 1630 Subi coupe, I'm capable of running 11.4-11.9, absolute destruction with a good launch. I challenge and get a 500k bet, I raise to pinks, ya know, let's do it right kinda race. My car magically runs a 10.9 and he runs a 10.6? Then the guy tells me "I got my build direct from impreza, it's fast, a million bucks and you can have it". One, this car literally can't accomplish that time. Two, 10.6? Lol. Three, saying it's from impreza? It's a Subaru dude, impreza is a model. This is not the first time I have lost a race due to some type of a glitch and lost a lot of money and/or pinks.
  • Options
    The thing that really hurts though, is someone like me, who had millions and millions if dollars taken away from them. Someone who worked very hard to get that. Only to get a response that "I hacked a loophole". Sorry, not the case. Not my fault that others were doing it and I got the other end of the stick. I wouldn't take the chance at selling a real $50 car for mere dollars unless it was enough to be worth while, and money doesn't mean crapp to me. What it does mean is helping my team and brothers learn how to build cars like the top players. Anyways. Again, it just sucks when stuff that i have played for hours to get (my choice, I know it's just a game) gets taken away and "there's nothing that can be done, you lost" or even worse, getting called a "hacker" by the developers/customer service/whoever.
  • Options
    I know the game has gotten way outta hand in popularity and it's a never ending viscous cycle of work to keep it going right, but man it's taking the fun out of a game. It's really demoralizing that it's hard to enjoy some time off the real world to be slapped in the face like this. I really hope you guys can work on at least setting up mods in game so when people do the dirty or major flaws happen that they can be taken straight to the repair crew and keep the game flowing smoothly. I just want to play a game that's honest, fair, legit, and above all fun. And that's quickly dwindling away because of all the bugs and glitches.
  • Options
    And please, don't let the rumor be true that you're shutting down turf wars for a week or two to let android users join and race. There's enough bugs or issues or whatever as is with the iPhone following that we don't need to add 500,000 more users and complaints to the mix. Not to mention, how many android users do you know own an android that DONT root or hack or alter? I've yet to meet a single android person that didn't have it specifically to be able to change the operating systems and coding. Anyways, in done with my rant, but I seriously hope that something, somewhere, somehow, that this can be fixed at minimum and it'd be lovely to get what was wrongfully taken from honest players. Written by- a 7-year disabled veteran, Eagle Scout, family man that's trying to enjoy something good.
  • Options
    For the grand finally I do have a little more that can be answered in PM if need be. I'm not saying I haven't found and used some type of holes before (like the BMW gt2 downgrading logic- I found that. Used and duplicated to see if it was a single or all time glitch, and sent it in- no response back at all lol) but it leads to believe and heavily desire that mods, "police", or some type of power should be given to handful of people here and there if to do nothing else other than to report issues in real time. Would at least keep some issues much smaller than they became or can become. Just Not the email/report/forum back and forth swap hands 6 times layout we more less have now. Can you confirm or deny if there is anything at all being worked on on this front? It is very nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel of issues for sure but I think there needs to be some proactive not reactive issue handling and I think moderators would be a step in the right direction. I really do appreciate everything you (y'all) do and it really isn't unnoticed, at least to me. So I do apologize if I came off strongly or rude but I'm sure you understand the frustration factor involved. I'm going to be offline for a few days but am looking very forward to you responses and super grateful that someone actually is there to calm us down and help is along.