Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Double Conversion Hacks - the latest and greatest craze

1967ChevelleSS1967ChevelleSS Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 82 Posts
I first heard about "double conversion" hacks (i.e. having BOTH supercharger AND Turbocharger installed at same time) about 4 months ago. Over the past month, these are everywhere. I've lost cars to 1651 Civic Si's and Volkswagen Jetta's. When these types of cars are challenging me to pinks races while I'm in a Civic -R, I know immediately either a) the person is newbie who doesn't know any better, or b) they've got the double conversion. This kind of crap is getting so old. The game is hardly worth playing anymore.

Comments

• Options
    BilleniumBillenium Registered Users 4,260 Posts
    I agree it certainly takes away the fun factor of putting your car on the line. I don't mind losing to a great racer but losing to a cheater just fires me up
    Ign billenium Team Wo Throttle level 250 600,000 plus street cred don't get scammed
  • Options
    Burnout671Burnout671 Registered Users 3,975 Posts
    That's why before I pinks I look at the TQ to see if its higher than it should be its a pain to keep doing that but its more of a pain to lose to the cheaters there are a bunch of double conversions being used in turf as well
  • Options
    2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    This DC hack was addressed in most recent update
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• Options
    1967ChevelleSS1967ChevelleSS Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 82 Posts
    When was the most recent update? I saw dudes with the DC even this weekend 3/6/16.
  • Options
    Aces exAces ex Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 6 Posts
    It's worse when u show proof and glu says it's legit
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    The DC issue will be addressed in an upcoming update
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    just allow it and twin turbo's and everything will be fine
  • Options
    Gavc19Gavc19 Registered Users 202 Posts
    Everyone talks about light laggers, Stalling at the start seems to happen so much that I hate to think it can be done on purpose. That being said I have seen an increase recently in guys going into max lobbies usually in stellas or m3gt2s (both cash cars) then pinking anything even R3 cars. Soon as you accept pinks even if your game was running smooth as silk you are sitting at the start line for upwards of 30 seconds. I am thinking one of us disconnected or DNF possibly tie and by the time I lose focus the race starts and I get a bad launch while they are pretty fast. Pretty annoying and cost me a few cars so far.

And since the last update ....Auto launch seems to be back!!!! that's right the old .000 reaction time. GLU says possible I say BS. I've had over 57,000 races (I checked) and I have yet to hit .000 despite dozens of .001rt per week and my handful of fouls too. Don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that others are somehow cheating.
  • Options
    dulwhitedulwhite Registered Users 118 Posts
    0.000 rt results in a tie now. Although you may not be able to hit it with your phone, it can be done legit while playing on a PC. The autolaunch modified apk files also ran at 0.000. I still think the admins should have just forced a CRC check on the client side APK and banned anybody without a proper CRC hash instead of making it harder on legit players too.
  • Options
    modified apk's should be a thing of the past soon....

• Options
    HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts
    edited March 2016
    @ryyst i find that VERY hard to believe. The thought is kinda sweet though. I said in from day one, unfortunetly your codewriters cant keep up with the linux boys:(. What strikes me the most, is after last weeks update, autolaunch was back a few hours later. HOWISTHAT??? With you guys its just a never ending of history repeating itself:( it seems like you got ios quite well under control, except from light lagging. Looking back in the mirror, you shouldten have gotten greedy and went on multiple platforms. Just some thoughts from an ios user.

Best regards jesper
    Ps. A funny note to the dc. I took a ticket after i lost a mustang 2010 to a dc car. (Sending in ss)Answer coming back from support. Well its your responsebility to know the risk in a pinks race..hahaha.. Not that big a surprise:) what i still dont get,mis how it can be my responsebility that you guys cant secure a safe enviroment to play in:) and the guys sitting at support obviesly dont know shyt about the game, since even the biggest noobs knows there aint such thing as a 1653 civic si.
  • Options
    Light lagging is a side effect of a device function we can't really help unfortunately. We have some things we're working on to address that issue though.

As for the apks... well... we'll see. I don't want to get into details on what we are doing.... We're currently testing our next update to make sure things work correctly.

As for hackers, it's what they do. Will anything be truly hack proof? Probably not. If a human builds something... another human is out there trying everything they can to tear it down.

• Options
    HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts
    @ryyst i actully hope you manage to get rid of all the modded apks. This is still a great gameplay:) and it would be great if the game lost all the cheating bastards:) but you need to learn your supporters a thing or 2 about this game. Freaking annoying to be met with "hey man, you need to know the risk putting your can in a pinks" imo its 100% your responsibility if we loose to some stinking glitcher/modder or what ever. Good luck shutting the modded apks down:)
    Best regards jesper
  • Options
    MAXED_TURBO_PINKSMAXED_TURBO_PINKS Registered Users 580 Posts
    Billenium said:

I agree it certainly takes away the fun factor of putting your car on the line. I don't mind losing to a great racer but losing to a cheater just fires me up

It Gets me "Hot"
  • Options
    ipinrimauipinrimau Registered Users 831 Posts
    Pinking is not that fun anymore. Ive lost an evo to a cheater. rating 1662. Rt 0.004. Time. 8.54. Damn. Where did than came from.

• Options
    1990 gts said:

Double conversion is a glitch not a hack same with light lagging

glitch, hack, whatever - I just wish Glu would do away with it. I too don't mind losing a fair race, but losing to a cheater is unnecessary.