Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Htfu and read this already

fusuyfusuy Registered Users 54 Posts
You admins would have read my post a little over a week ago now. You know your game is ****ed. You know your game is plagued of hackers. You know we want these bugs fixed ASAP. Yet you guys are still prolonging it because of this stupid glu sale? If any of these bugs were actually fixed like you said, you guys would have released it and not used the GLU sale as an excuse to needing more time for the next patch. You could of easily released bug fixes rather then taking even longer just to add some stupid GLU logos around the place right? When are we getting the new update? I swear if its another couple of weeks of this ****, I'll call it quits. I'm sure lots of others will too. Wtf is the point of getting punished for playing legitimately.

Comments

• Options
    Professordank24Professordank24 Registered Users 600 Posts
    They are not adding glu logos all over the place instead they are getting help from glu to add more content to prevent this from happening. Now about the update i understand that they have been saying soon but all we ask is for patience they will release it soon
  • Options
    I read last week the update was ready and because of the GLU sale, its caused a wait for the next release. RYYST said it.. In fact here is exactly what he said "Also what this means is that the update we had planned for Monday will again have to be postponed while we make the transition from Cie Games under Cie Studios to whatever our new name will be under Glu Mobile." AGAIN.. AGAIN it has to be postponed.. I read most of the bugs have been fixed too. So wtf is the point of this wait on the update? We shouldn't have to wait even longer. We spend money on your game, we have a standard to expect. And i put that standard very high when your gem prices are worse then nitto legends was. I've lost so many gem boosts because of these issues.. cars, money.. the lot! And the compensation planned is bullshit. Everyones gona get compensated the same amount and some people have heaps of accounts. Imagine how broken the community is going to be after you compensate everyone. And if every single player opens a ticket up you guys won't have the man power to reply to everyone and try compensate individuals.
  • Options
    Professordank24Professordank24 Registered Users 600 Posts
    I understand where you are coming from I myself have been waiting for this update for a while, but with us telling them something they have already heard it makes it harder for ryyst to concentrate on the task at hand. The standard of this game is set so high because you know who this company is, they are the ones behind nitto legends, they are the ones who created racing rivals, they don't want to lose all of us they really want us to stay but they just need patience from all of us in order to keep moving forward
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    I've explained the reason behind the delay. You choose not to believe it. I've always been honest. Its not a simple name change.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    Yea but come on dude. How long are we ment to wait? 6 months? Its already been 2 months without any of the bugs I've reported being fixed..

You've never explained the reason lol? You did link me something to read and this is what I found.. "postponed while we make the transition from Cie Games under Cie Studios to whatever our new name will be under Glu Mobile." Sounds like a simple name change to me? Lol. Ryyst I'm not calling you a liar dude. You are honest and I like the fact you reply :)