Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

RR is a ghost town

caraccountcaraccount Registered Users 23 Posts
I dont know what happened to this game but it's a ghost town. Hardly can ever find people to race. I constantly have to switch cars and lobbys just to find some one to race.

Something needs to change or this game is dead.

Improve game performance. Lower the cost of gems and make the crates yield more value. Do something because its crashing.

God bless.

Comments

• Options
    Big pBig p Registered Users 1,890 Posts
    It's dying a slow,miserable death- so many people are leaving.
    Last one out the door- turn out the light please
  • Options
    caraccountcaraccount Registered Users 23 Posts
    Glu doesnt seem to care because they aren't chaging a thing to attracted new players. Thats the only way to save RR. The old Players are done. Promote for the new players. Time and time again I see new players come and go because they can't get started. They get frustraded and quit.
  • Options
    CannatunaCannatuna Registered Users 121 Posts
    Some of us old players are still around. We're just not playing as hard as we use to. Trust me this game almost got me divorced and fired from my job lol.they need to do something to bring us back to that.
  • Options
    CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    I've been here forever...don't race much anymore tho...mostly just collectin cars these days...garage is lookin good :)

• Options
    Koaleader171Koaleader171 Registered Users 457 Posts
    @CircusOfSins same here. my garage aint the best as i lost my account that used to have my good ones, but collectiong cars is what i do. i trade my trusted friends for em. i dont see any point in pinking with all the unfair mods and stuff. with the new update, i might pink a bit before the modders manage to figure out another apk, but im still hesitant.
    "Whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."
  • Options
    Lbhero34Lbhero34 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 38 Posts
    I'm done with this game. All the lobbies are empty, the servers are terrible, the game is overrun with apk hackers and the guys at Glu are too dumb to fix any of the problems. Played for a long time, always on a top 5, 25 or 100 team and sadly time to call it quits. Just not worth it anymore. It's riddle with problems and every "so called fix" leads to twice as many more problems. Glu and the dev team have no idea how to run a successful game and this has just become a pathetic mess.
  • Options
    FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts

I dont know what happened to this game but it's a ghost town. Hardly can ever find people to race. I constantly have to switch cars and lobbys just to find some one to race.

Something needs to change or this game is dead.

Improve game performance. Lower the cost of gems and make the crates yield more value. Do something because its crashing.

God bless.

Since the latest update, RR is no longer playable on my iPhone or iPad. It just crashes. I know a few others that play on both Android and Apple and they have the same issues. We all just stopped playing until a new update arrives to fix the issue. Contacted support via the in game ? and just got a canned response. Mostly stating its My ISP or My device.

Bottom line is, its just not a playable game until they fix this issue. Once fixed, I and my friends will return to play again.

Perhaps this is why its so dead in the game?!
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    I left my team and pretty much quit racing, due to no lower lobby racers, there was a time where i was a 20-25K pointer on lower lobby's. But when i dropped under 10K for a whole turf, I said F it. Considering the APK's being used, dual conversion, light lagging and just the fact that boosts and fools now rule the game, not worth it anymore.
  • Options
    NDVINNYNDVINNY Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 38 Posts
    Crazyjr you mean im not the only one that has ever been light lagged? I thought i was because i get the same response from glu: no sign of foul play so check my wifi or check my device. Its a joke although they did step up and return 2 cars but still waiting for the other 40 or so i have lost to apks and laggers.
  • Options
    KumayinKumayin Registered Users 30 Posts
    Peoples, please help me contact Ryyst..i can talk to Ryyst about the reason multiplayer is dead..i swear it will help so much..Thanks
  • Options
    Big pBig p Registered Users 1,890 Posts
    I had another hacker a few hours ago in fwd- i'm in a civic type r- 1650- running 9.8-9.9 on average and this dikkkk in a civic si raced me,
    I took off ahead and all of a sudden he flies past and we get a tie! There is no civic si that runs that quick that i've ever seen.
    So i called him out in the lobby and he did the usual and just ignored it and carried on. These wankerssss are so blatant- they don't care! It wasn't even a pinks race. And another thing- when i looked at my recently raced list he didn't show up on it- a sure sign of a hacker i reckon. Fukkkkerrrrrr!
  • Options
    shahidshahid Registered Users 3,173 Posts
    edited March 2016
    https://imgur.com/a/glrVZ I like that lol
    That guy is killing all and using tie if he lose