Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Ryyst Blog #1 - Hacks and the Future

Comments

• [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Lbhero34 said:

I'm all for blocking the apk's, grip hacks, cloning and dual conversion but blocking the money? $100 for 1 million rrc and some parts on certain cars costing up to 150k a piece? Ya if that happens I will have an acct with over 500 normal and 68 turf cars for sale... 1 million dollars doesn't go far at all in this game, block the money farming and this game dies a very quick death

The biggest cash farmers aren't doing you any good. They cheat and hack to get what they do. I understand everyone would like cheaper cash, everyone would. The fact is... is that they probably prolonged any notion of us lowering currency prices and why we haven't put a lot cars up for RRC. There is a lot of cash out there, we have to pay royalties on cars, so, we sell them for gems.

Buying black market... anything... in the grand scheme of things, hurts the game.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

PR0DUSTER said:

@Lbhero34 but maybe....just maybe glu wants to put Mills farmers and buyers out of business and they might put in game Mills purchases for 50 cents....that's what I'm hoping for if not the game will kill itself

Someone here did just ask me what current black market prices are.... so who knows what they are doing with that info....

• KumayinKumayin Registered Users 30 Posts
    @[RR] Ryyst Glad to see you Ryyst...i have some info of Speed Hack..thats people run abnormally with normal Rating..its not Dual conv + Detune..But its pure mod...let me send you the info and sample..i will tell what i know..i hope it will help your team..i dont want anything else..just want Multiplayer come back to life and eliminate cheater..Thanks
    edited March 2016
    Sorry accidently double post, when i want to edit my post..

i promise my info is very important..let me tell you and i can calmed down..Thanks
  • jasontheonejasontheone Registered Users 729 Posts
    Why is it so hard for customer service to replace cars lost due to hacks and cheats with proof? Spent lots of money never asked for anything. I get cheated. Show proof and they say screw you.
    @jasontheone iam sure they work on the prevent the cheat first bro..so ticket will not increase day by day..then they can answer every ticket peacefully
    They have answered me. Said i shouldn't pinks then. Dude ran 7.854 in a 68 lobby with a viper gts. Record is 7.937. I ran 7.877 in a sport. Lost and told me oh well.
  • warcry16os7warcry16os7 Registered Users 52 Posts
    While its great to see that you understand thr hacks, I don't understand why you guys (and gals) at glu don't repay our cars lost to cheaters. Ffs I lost a zonda to an agera r running 6.5... I have all the screenshots on my lost cars on my newer device and I've sent tickets, but they always say either nothing is wrong or refuse to do anything. At that, why not just ban the hackers or take the hacked vehicles?
  • youlieyoulie Registered Users 3,798 Posts
    2HIPSI said:

They would honestly make huge bank if they sold RRC at a much lower price

True story. If you guys would sell mills for a dollar like they do there wouldn't be any need for them to hack and cheat their rrc to sell. You guys created that market by trying to sell mills for $100. That's just crazy! Keep the gem cars gem, but lower the price of your mills and that would solve 99% of your problems right there.

Why is it so hard for customer service to replace cars lost due to hacks and cheats with proof? Spent lots of money never asked for anything. I get cheated. Show proof and they say screw you.

The only proof we can accept is from our logs. In an age where screen shots can be doctored, we simply choose to take that out of the equation and rely on our own data. And yes, we've seen some really bad photo shop attempts.

While its great to see that you understand thr hacks, I don't understand why you guys (and gals) at glu don't repay our cars lost to cheaters. Ffs I lost a zonda to an agera r running 6.5... I have all the screenshots on my lost cars on my newer device and I've sent tickets, but they always say either nothing is wrong or refuse to do anything. At that, why not just ban the hackers or take the hacked vehicles?

In reality because these hacks make it so its almost indistinguishable from legit results. We have a system of checks in place, and we have what the game knows is possible from a car. A good hack can get around these things, thats why they work. We cannot accept screenshots as any kind of proof or anything.

All our CS can go by is our logs and what we know is possible for a car.

What we are working on is improving these checks and improving our system to narrow down even further what is possible from each car.

• r8ur8u Registered Users 992 Posts
    How do we stop tie glitches
    r8u said:

How do we stop tie glitches

Ties are not glitches. Ties work as they are intended. The game sees something that is a little shady,, but could just be a device or connection issue and makes it a tie. Used to be a DQ. But the players complained and wanted it to be a tie instead so... we changed them to ties.

@[RR] Ryyst did you see about my post Sir? :)
  • andrewlo1241andrewlo1241 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 256 Posts
    One question can a corvette stingray 2014 be a 1660 if almost everything is stage 2 just want to see if my car that I won from a pinks was hacked
  • andrewlo1241andrewlo1241 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 256 Posts
    One other issue I'm having is the game won't let me sell my cars I won from pinks It just says error invalid action and make me restart the game and the car is still there not sold in the garage. Any clue
    Kumayin said:

I did, we're actually good on that front. We have all that info. As stated in my post, our next update will start the ground work for combating modded APks. and the like.

Im not tryin to argue but the guy cheated. If youd check the race data they would see that. Thats why people cheat. They get away with it and thats why alot of legits that been playin the game for years are leaving. We are getting cheated and you tell us to get bent. Ive put thousands of dollars into this game and ask 1 time for my turf car back that i was cheated out of. Only time i asked. I see people getting reimbursement for less. All they did was show the same proof i did. Just disappointed! Thanks for nothing. I will not be spending any more money just to be cheated and told oh well. My friend sent me google info. Maybe ill try and get all my money i ever spent. Didnt want to do that but you guys dont care why should i. Have a great day
  • NISSANSARELIFE45747NISSANSARELIFE45747 Registered Users 77 Posts
    I've never been so excited for an update ever in my life. :D
  • Torquepig0069Torquepig0069 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Ryyst can you see how long it has been since someone logged on to an account? I have a really old account I haven't been on in probably a year that I'd love to get back, but I mistakenly synced the Facebook to another account. Also, is there an April fools day car this year?
  • raylan_craylan_c Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hi @RR RYST . You said that the money glitch is fixed, but I guess there is still a ton of RRC. Are the fix have been breach again? Are these bug cash will be wipe out again like CIE done before GLU bought this game from them? I have a lot of question actually, but I need these answer rather than any else curiosity that I had because if there will be no bug RRC wipe, I think I will needing to buy a lot of RRC from them.
  • DragworkzzDragworkzz Registered Users 2 Posts
    Just curious about when we all lose cars to these speed hacks and we send ss in, and cs replies they were legit races according to you guys records. I see you commented about ss being doctored or photoshopped, so you have to go by your logs as far as what cars are capable of, and trying to fix it. That's understandable and all but my ? is....Is any of you at glu a part of the biggest and most comprehensive world records page, Racing Rivals Collective records. Because that would give you the best indication of what cars are capable of collectively from the best tuners and racers worldwide

Kumayin said:

I did, we're actually good on that front. We have all that info. As stated in my post, our next update will start the ground work for combating modded APks. and the like.
    Nice to hear that..Thanks Ryyst, and good luck for your Team..we will wait for next update..Racing Rivals will back to life again..:)
  • AnnaliseAnnalise Registered Users 131 Posts
    @ryyst I admire your efforts to keep everyone in the loop. You guys are in a difficult position for sure with no singular solution possible. I am still so mad about the hundreds of dollars worth of cars stolen from me by cheaters, I can not bring myself to spend anymore. The game itself is amazing and addictive. If you guys dropped in game currency to even a dollar a mil, it would stabilize the value of in game property, and it would be worthwhile to invest in again(once every other race isn't a cheater also of course). If you guys were to go ahead and make the currency cheap and stable though first, the cheating would be less a bother, and I would start turfing again like a ton of other people I know that gave quit since RRC has become expensive. I spend 10 mil on a turf very easily. Obviously I will not spend $40-$1000 for a turf. The gems are expensive enough even if currency was free to barely justify the cost of turfing. If you did this NOW LIKE YESTERDAY you might be able to salvage some the masses selling their accounts and quitting. Sooner would be better for sure I'm not going to have a single one of my friends left to race with soon as things are. I didn't miss top 100 or better for almost a year, but I haven't turfed in over a month now. I'm almost as die hard as it gets and I barely look at the game at this point. Make this happen asap for both of our sake please! TAKE MY MONEY!
    Ps as things were it was very regular for turf to have me spend $50-$75 a week. That's a big accomplishment to get that much out of my pocket each week for a game. I am still amazed at that simple fact. Even if I had millions in my checking account, I would be surprised to see anyone else ever pull that off. You guys had a really good thing going and it would be a tragedy to let it die like this without fighting back against the circumstances as aggressively as possible. You guys have a large community that loves this game and wants to see it grow and prosper, even though many of us put things on hold for now. Best of luck
  • turfRivalsturfRivals Registered Users 2,278 Posts
    edited March 2016
    What about the tie problem with the m2 re? Where's that fix? That car is very capable of runing a 8.0 in a 63 tune without any hacks or glitches but we get a tie because our car that we tuned was too fast? That needs to be fixed. I and I'm also on board with you guys lowering your mill prices to .50 or .75 per mill as you guys would Benifit greatly by eliminating the need for people to farm and sell mills. The game is really in its last legs with all the people selling off there account because it's just to expensive to participate in any turf event. I mean you guys must be blind if you can't see all the potential profit you guys are losing by refusing to lower your mill prices to a reasonable rate. You seriously expect us to pay $100 per mill?? At that rate with 4 mill the equlivent to buy and tune a few of your showroom cars we could go out and buy one of the latest consoles and spend our time there. You guys are really losing a lot of players that really do spend there money on this game. I apreciate the new updates that are coming but if you want to really prolong the life of racing rivals and make a great game into a legendary game, you will need to do something that all great companies do, listen to your customers.
  • PR0DUSTERPR0DUSTER Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 571 Posts
    how about adding a 1/2 mile track?
    PR0DUSTER said:

how about adding a 1/2 mile track?

Evo races would be fun topping out before half track lol
  • 1320_Killer1320_Killer Registered Users 2,283 Posts
    no used car lot :'(

IGN : 1320killer
  • Akuji80Akuji80 Registered Users 13 Posts
    Ryyst I have raised many a concern regarding double conversion etc, why is it that a reply from customer service is a cut and paste type answer. That's within the parameters. To save space on the server eliminate customer service as they aren't useful for anything...

Furthermore the lag on supercharger and turbo events is appalling, is there anything in the pipeline to fix this