Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Free turfing like a pro

Gavc19Gavc19 Registered Users 202 Posts
So I am pretty much half retiring. I'll probably join an easy top100 team when I have free time one of these weeks. However, for over two years I have played, enjoyed and kicked butt in this game and at no cost to me. That's right I have never spent a dime to CIE or GLU. The only thing I have done to help them would be watching videos. There are many techniques I have used over 2 years without downloading or acquiring any hacks or cheats. All of the techniques I use were in an effort to maximize my turf points and win turf cars. I have won probably 20 top 25 cars and countless top 100 ones. The only limiting factor to preventing me to go for 1-5th was my free time and family, not cash. Just this past turf I did 44k spending maybe 400 gems that I had accumulated. I would have had more but since GLU refuses to address my concerns about supercharger events, I figured I owe it to the customers to write this. ANYWAY...

1. Free Boost glitch.... when I learned this 8 months ago I thought this was too good to be true. It is true and it actually makes the game suck worse because 75% of the turfers know it. I wont explain it here but maybe friend me in game and ill teach you. It involves you waiting to be challenged and turning boost off, boost somehow stays on at no charge to you. I have actually told GLU about it and they wont fix it. WAIT what did I just say??? Well when you go in a lobby and everyone is waiting for someone to challenge it makes for a crappy game. I was doing better before this existed or before everyone knew. Its been around probably 8 months or more.

2. Know the cars!!!! You should know which cars are better than others in every lobby and know how to race them all. A good research platform is Racing rivals collective records group in facebook. They have every lobby every car world records and you can get great info like that while you may be fearful of a good driver of a challenger r/t in a 1656 lobby they are nothing in a 1663 lobby. Also know which cars are easy to drive. Some cars are just so difficult to drive that even though they can hit competitive times they cant very often. I usually pink any M5, gt500, acura nsx, and any others that I know even good players mess up 30% of the time. You can watch pigpentheoneandonly vids on youtube but I learned most cars on my own or from talking to teammates.

3. I often race no boost on the wide open days ex: turbo, A class etc. I will jump in a lobby and look for the slowest car in there. Easy win. Also look for those hard to drive cars. Day one or the single car events is tough. I usually run boosted whole time switching back and forth from waiting (boost glitch) to also challenging. more than half the gems I will spend are day 1.

4. Click on a bunch of players to see there point values. The lower the value the worse the racer. So I tend to pick the low ones when off boost. I'll pick the highest when on boost. Sometimes hustlers will throw a bunch of races to get points down but if they raise pink you can always chicken.

5. Sometimes I take a ridiculous fast car into a lobby so like a m2re. I can win most races without boost like 8.0 in a 1668 lobby without boost, I know its ridiculous. If anyone raises you pink they are either crazy, brave, glitcher, or in a similar car. Use judgment there. If he is from a team I don't know very possibly a glitcher.

6. If I am using that boost glitch taking a m2re into lobby will get no action. Take a slower car that people think you can't drive and win boosted but at no cost. Also some cars are just fast without boost. I can hit 8.570 in a 2006wrc subie in 1663 lobby without boost.

7. Of course pink slips is the easiest way to make a lot of points with few gems. Get the events ahead of time, build a showroom (cash car) fleet of cars to pink, get a good tune for it, practice it. Even an average player if they did their practice should be able to win 50% of their pinks. Study lobby and avoid the top few guys. I have done 74K with almost no pinks (4 day event). But yeah it will save you time but practice ahead. With the mils prices being low you can buy mils or sell cars for many mils and then just buy/build your pink army in time for turf time.

8. How do I get gems.... videos!!!! when triple vids come u better max out your vids every day. I am starting to run out of gems that I had saved up but when I was truly going full tilt I max them out every day even if not triple. Usually like 45 a day maybe more. The most I got on a triple day was 200. Also don't forget the showdowns. It is very easy to get to 20 gems and 40 gems. people usually don't boost but some do the boost glitch there....shame on them.

9. Another kinda dirty way to get extras gems I have never done, but I know the top teams do it all the time. Is you are gonna have to spend like 25$ or more to buy gems. After gems are in ur garage just call Apple and say you didn't get them. Apple replenishes your iTunes. Again, dirty but the few I passed that on to said it worked fine.

10. I used to get a lot of chicken points but now people just time out. Frustrating and you may have to type in no boost in the chat box. I have to beg and promise z28s im unboosted to race me in my zr1. I can hit very close to 8,20 nearly every race which puts me at a disadvantage cuz they can get under 8.15, but they always chicken. This was one example but I will always look for the slower cars and challenge. Most guys man up and take the race, plus many see the fast car and panic and then foul or spin, even though you are not boosting. Back in the day I would take my max frs spec as it was my first and only r class (two years ago) and challenge the stellas etc. Many would raise pink (id chicken) most would smoke me, but I'd get 1 2 wins each time before engine damage even if a frs spec didn't enter the lobby lol.

11. So basically grind it out. You will need many cars , practice, knowledge and patience. But if you commit to not spending cash you will do fine. Oh and by the way I've made maybe 1.1K selling cars so far in this game so I am in the green!!!

Comments

• Gavc19Gavc19 Registered Users 202 Posts
    Did I mention don't buy crates? Stinks not getting the best new cars first but they are certainly a money pit. I am not sure if buying them with your cash then selling the rims, paint, cars for cash is profitable but I won't buy them to find out. Let me know if anyone is actually making real cash for those. I do have a ford 350 and boss for sale, just finished the prints after winning crates slowly in showdowns.
  • FritzOnFritzOn Registered Users 956 Posts
    Whats ur ign in game if i can know?
  • BilleniumBillenium Registered Users 4,260 Posts
    @Gavc19 would you share that 63 wrc06 Subie tune ??
    Ign billenium Team Wo Throttle level 250 600,000 plus street cred don't get scammed
  • BTSRBTSR Registered Users 427 Posts
    One problem I've come across is turf tunes. I look on youtube, and there are 1650 tunes, and tunes for campaign cars. But the real action takes place in 1656, 1663 and max lobbies, and free tunes are not available. Usually those tunes are top secret and sold for real money.
    just drop the c.......IGN Gav19

Rather not share tunes on this forum for free. I often do give them away when I find a player or a new teammate proves to me they deserve one. That wrc tune I think is amazing and so I'll keep it. I run it no boost so often I am not sure what it hits boosted but it more than competes with z28s. I think my best is 8.353 but not a perfect run.
  • BilleniumBillenium Registered Users 4,260 Posts
    Yea it sounds like a beast tune I would like to give those zzzz's a scare
    Ign billenium Team Wo Throttle level 250 600,000 plus street cred don't get scammed
  • DozerboyDozerboy Registered Users 213 Posts
    lol I didnt know about the boost trick bet it won't be around long now. I got so much boost from crates I don't even worry about it though. I just started running boost for turf. IM no boost just put a target on my back. BS when someone cuts a 0.200 lights and still wins, because I wouldnt boost.

Thanks for the tips
    @Dozerboy That trick been around so long I can't believe it myself. In showdowns I run primarily no boost as do many others and if I have enough free time I can easily get top 25 every time. It does stink when you run no boost and barely lose to someone that is clearly on boost with a horrific rt. However I just laugh it off an move on. Or if it makes you feel better ask them for a cash race lol.
    keep this bumped to save money
  • TWINK3PTOTWINK3PTO Registered Users 5,848 Posts
    @Gavc19 I found your tips rather helpful. Thank you. Unfortunately, I was one of those that spent an abhorrent amount of money in the beginning to create an ideal garage, when time, patience, and skill seem to be more beneficial in the long-run, as per your discussion. Again, thanks.
  • poloboi12poloboi12 Registered Users 1,594 Posts
    @Gavc19 a very well job done man. You are definitely helping the rookies out and helping all of us save money like a pro. Most of us are much appreciated. Thank you brother for your knowledge on this game. Wish glu could study the customers more than the money
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    edited February 2016
    While those are nice, at least one, maybe two are actually exploits. The boost glitch, is an outright exploit. if reported, you could be banned. the apple one is an exploit though it is towards apple not GLU. Communication between Apple and GLU could result in banns eventually.

Want an easy way and non exploit way to free turfing and showdowns. simply build low lobby grinders when your high lobby cars are repairing. I have gotten 20K points working 20-40 lobbys before. In my first club, i was consistently the top scorer, though the leader was a max maniac. I got points on shear volume of races, i could do. There are free non exploiting, ways to race. I would jump back in if there was something more than crickets in the lower lobbys.

Allow me to add, using exploits don't make you a better player, they make you a cheater. No better than the hackers ruining this game
    I have mentioned the boost glitch and reported it to GLU on two occasions. I would prefer it to be gone. I would do better without it to be honest. I feel it is unfair to the rookies that are paying countless money to GLU for boosting over and over while others just sit and wait to be challenged for free. That is why I am reporting it here as well. Lobbies are boring (less chat) and pathetic with everyone waiting for others to make a move. There were scare warnings months ago about people getting banned but they can't because it would eliminate a substantial portion of their customers. No one gets an advantage by doing it other than saving money.

As far as low lobby tunes I agree, however the game has taken a downward turn. 1645,1640, even 1635, 1630 lobbies used to be crowded and you can run cars in low lobbies make points, pink players unaware that you are a well practiced pro with a monster tune. Last few times I went to a lower than 1645 lobby in turf it was empty. One good example of how to do this is take a R2 car and tune it to 1656 or 1663. Last AMC event I had loads of fun in my Javelin Race Edition. I tuned it to 1663 and found myself racing regular javelins which max at 1659 (I think). My points were low 25-35 per race which was about a third of what I could get in a regular Javelin. However the damage was extremely low I raced it close to 60 times and actually only lost 2 races. I spun once (easy to launch) and fouled once. Both losses were to regular Javelins, I was undefeated vs other JAV re . Why??? I practiced that car

And @crazyjr I would disagree with your final statement. Finding a way to save money as an "exploit" as you call it, may be subverting the intention of GLU and the creators to charge real $$ to boost. However it is WAY better than downloading or finding a glitch that allows you to race faster than possible or mess up other peoples game function in order to steal their car. I do think GLU and CIE has had their hands full dealing with these hackers. To me and most people they are scum.

I have fallen victim to a few laggers recently, but one way to avoid them (besides not pinking) is to only pink players that seem to be on legit teams. When you see team name hglyyhnbds its probably a cheater. If you watch the standings and keep track of top25/top 100 teams, they usually have standards and don't want a cheater among them. Take a screenshot of a definite cheater and find a way to show that to one of that teams leaders. That player will get booted. May be too little too late if you lost your car but it will protect others and at least prevent them from claiming a turf car. As a former top25 team leader I can tell you every team is going to have one among them at one point or another.

Current cheats to watch out for: double conversions (both turbo and sc installed) they will have a few higher rating points than possible for a car and be substantially faster, light laggers will hold the race at the line for upwards of 30 seconds and just when you think the game will get cancelled and in a tie it starts and catches you off guard, I have heard rumors of other diabolical cheats like messing with the countdown or causing your rpms to just drop to zero. I have had both of these things happen to me but luckily not in a pink race, I don't know for sure if it was my opponent or just a problem with the running of the RR game program on my phone. I hear people complaining of the tie glitch but I don't think it exists. Please don't bitch if we do a free race you edge me out and then its a tie. I have zero to gain from this and I believe it is a problem with connections. Better than getting a DNF loss when you actually win. There used to be people who could race you for pink and if you didn't foul they just tie every time. I think that's gone and has been patched. I did race a guy for pink a few weeks ago and I think I might have lost the race as he did cross first. Waiting for the bad news, tie instead. He wasn't happy but it certainly wasn't anything I did.
    edited March 2016
    Gavc19 said:

I have mentioned the boost glitch and reported it to GLU on two occasions. I would prefer it to be gone. I would do better without it to be honest. I feel it is unfair to the rookies that are paying countless money to GLU for boosting over and over while others just sit and wait to be challenged for free. That is why I am reporting it here as well. Lobbies are boring (less chat) and pathetic with everyone waiting for others to make a move. There were scare warnings months ago about people getting banned but they can't because it would eliminate a substantial portion of their customers. No one gets an advantage by doing it other than saving money.

As far as low lobby tunes I agree, however the game has taken a downward turn. 1645,1640, even 1635, 1630 lobbies used to be crowded and you can run cars in low lobbies make points, pink players unaware that you are a well practiced pro with a monster tune. Last few times I went to a lower than 1645 lobby in turf it was empty. One good example of how to do this is take a R2 car and tune it to 1656 or 1663. Last AMC event I had loads of fun in my Javelin Race Edition. I tuned it to 1663 and found myself racing regular javelins which max at 1659 (I think). My points were low 25-35 per race which was about a third of what I could get in a regular Javelin. However the damage was extremely low I raced it close to 60 times and actually only lost 2 races. I spun once (easy to launch) and fouled once. Both losses were to regular Javelins, I was undefeated vs other JAV re . Why??? I practiced that car

And @crazyjr I would disagree with your final statement. Finding a way to save money as an "exploit" as you call it, may be subverting the intention of GLU and the creators to charge real $$ to boost. However it is WAY better than downloading or finding a glitch that allows you to race faster than possible or mess up other peoples game function in order to steal their car. I do think GLU and CIE has had their hands full dealing with these hackers. To me and most people they are scum.

I have fallen victim to a few laggers recently, but one way to avoid them (besides not pinking) is to only pink players that seem to be on legit teams. When you see team name hglyyhnbds its probably a cheater. If you watch the standings and keep track of top25/top 100 teams, they usually have standards and don't want a cheater among them. Take a screenshot of a definite cheater and find a way to show that to one of that teams leaders. That player will get booted. May be too little too late if you lost your car but it will protect others and at least prevent them from claiming a turf car. As a former top25 team leader I can tell you every team is going to have one among them at one point or another.

Current cheats to watch out for: double conversions (both turbo and sc installed) they will have a few higher rating points than possible for a car and be substantially faster, light laggers will hold the race at the line for upwards of 30 seconds and just when you think the game will get cancelled and in a tie it starts and catches you off guard, I have heard rumors of other diabolical cheats like messing with the countdown or causing your rpms to just drop to zero. I have had both of these things happen to me but luckily not in a pink race, I don't know for sure if it was my opponent or just a problem with the running of the RR game program on my phone. I hear people complaining of the tie glitch but I don't think it exists. Please don't bitch if we do a free race you edge me out and then its a tie. I have zero to gain from this and I believe it is a problem with connections. Better than getting a DNF loss when you actually win. There used to be people who could race you for pink and if you didn't foul they just tie every time. I think that's gone and has been patched. I did race a guy for pink a few weeks ago and I think I might have lost the race as he did cross first. Waiting for the bad news, tie instead. He wasn't happy but it certainly wasn't anything I did.

Well dude, if you hate the glitch you'd never have used it. Sorry, But i see no reason to play, if i need to cheat, be it hack, exploit or whatever. I quit my team when the hackers were at their worst. sad part it's gotten worse, I play, but only on bots anymore. Don't dare pink anyone, even in showdown. Like i said, why bother when you need to cheat to win? And why post how to? You are only making things worse, not helping
    I never was able or really willing to spend in game money. Playing for free was always my goal. The mere idea of boost and gems to get it is of course a big part of the success of this game. There are plenty of racers like me and I never had an issue making points even with very few boosts and gems used per turf. Initially when I was on top100/25 teams I would go through less than 100 boost maybe 150 gems or less each week. More recently I've been more aggressive going through maybe 300 gems and able to hit between 25K-45K points despite my busy work schedule. I used to race mostly unboosted in events and was just smart about when to use it. When this idea of boosting for free was taught to me it seemed to good to be true. At first it did seem pretty good. I am racing just like any other boosted player but can conserve gems. If that is dirty, which I think it is a bit, then I am guilty as charged. However I soon realized that using it slows you down dramatically as you sit and wait. You also are unable to chat with your friends or in the actual race lobby. The reason I am posting about it is to get it fixed. I don't like to wait I like to play. If I challenge quickly now whether in turf or showdown, I encounter racer after racer unwilling to raise a bet but very willing to boost for free. The lobbies are too often dead when it comes to chat....because everyone is doing it. If people were actually paying for all these boosts boosting in showdowns would pretty much vanish like it was at the start. Lobbies would get more social/fun. In addition I could go back to what I was doing and that is boost sparingly in turf. I think the glitchers are actually better than in the past and hackers that pirate your garage and steal all your stuff have been pretty much solved. I haven't heard about that happening to anyone for months. These days I am just screwing around enjoying the races and earning 50 gems spending zero each week. Stocking up for if I have a free week to earn a car I actually want.

The other reason I posted this was GLU lack of fixing this and other problems. The supercharger event issue they actually knew about and yet continue to use it as an event frustrating the hell out of people. Its like they know what upsets us and are doing it anyway. I am waiting for the game to improve, it has gone pretty much steadily downhill I'd say since GLU took over and decided to run x class challenge which effectively ended chicken points as everyone was point swapping because it was otherwise impossible to make points. Other problems just kept coming. Seems events are designed to make money not keep customers happy (and make more money).
    keep this bumped up as everyone needs to know how to make points without breaking the bank.
    Oh and noobs better know the lobbies, tired of seeing guys 1658 in a 1663 lobby, easy win but id rather a fair race. Lobbies go by 5's 1635,1640, 1645 etc... until 1656, then 1663, then 1668, then maximum lobby. Some lobbies seem to split halfway in rating mainly 1668 where you can be 1668 and somehow still be placed in max lobby. Be careful with that, the ultimate test is to race in an event like turf or showdown.
    Gavc19 said:

Oh and noobs better know the lobbies, tired of seeing guys 1658 in a 1663 lobby, easy win but id rather a fair race. Lobbies go by 5's 1635,1640, 1645 etc... until 1656, then 1663, then 1668, then maximum lobby. Some lobbies seem to split halfway in rating mainly 1668 where you can be 1668 and somehow still be placed in max lobby. Be careful with that, the ultimate test is to race in an event like turf or showdown.

that guy with a 58, might be maxxed for that car and trying for a record, It's not always noobs racing in lobby's with lower rated cars.

Be careful though, some of them are pretty fast even with a lower rating.

BTW, i wish i could flag you, for posting exploits. You are part of why, i quit racing anything but bots. I refuse to lower myself to cheating ( hack or exploit), just for an ego stroke.
    edited March 2016
    I wonder why they haven't fixed the "exploit" as you put it. We are going in circles. Many people in RR community are very mad at GLU for not addressing many of the hacks and glitches. I am as well , the main reason I started this thread is people spending money for no reason to a company which isn't addressing the important things. I'll continue to help people as I always have and sell off my collection little at a time to those that want to continue to play and build theirs. 0$ spent to date and about 1500$ Made , and non of that profit is due to glitches or hacks or cheating. I don't like ghost shifting either because it's not realistic racing . Hitting the shift twice rapidly has rewrote many world record times in cars. I think it's dumb but I can do that too.
  • Saint_Of_DeathSaint_Of_Death Registered Users 197 Posts
    Thanks for that post, bro.
  • xxRollDeepxxxxRollDeepxx Registered Users 79 Posts
    Hi gav19

I started reading your post and was about to blast you for free boosting and sitting in a lobby like a noob.

But after a lengthy read it's a great post. I agree with everything you have put and also have not spent a real dime on the game - I have a 1000 cars - loads of turf and ran top 100 to top5 - the game has took a downfall and I miss racing lower lobbies

Half the people playing don't tune correctly and it's so boring when no one challenges because they free boost.

I would also like to mention it's great pigpen runs car times and shows how fast they are but posting tunes for noobs to free boost is a negative.

I pink relentless and crush my min and then keep a bunch if cars and sell after turf which gives me my cash flow.

I'm just waiting to see what this update has to offer as after 2-3years I'm finally ready to quit.

If the update is good I ll play a bit longer but I been selling my cars off slowly and have made about $1400 of my account so far - still got 5-600 $ to sell off.

I ve raced you many times and always a good race -

On that I would like to say once again great post and solid advice for people
  • K1TSAL0TK1TSAL0T Registered Users 5,705 Posts
    Boost glitch is easy
    No one said it was hard - u can just YouTube it - it's basically for noobs - if you use it and challenge and boost when needed then it ain't so bad - but I see people sitting in lobbies all day not challenging - how sad of a life
  • K1TSAL0TK1TSAL0T Registered Users 5,705 Posts
    I didn't need to youtube it :joy:
  • khmerkrom12khmerkrom12 Registered Users 630 Posts
    Boost gliter is easy
  • khmerkrom12khmerkrom12 Registered Users 630 Posts
    Boost gliter is easy
    @xxRollDeepxx thanks for reading the whole story. I tell it how it is. I will continue to sell and turf only when I have free time, but it just isn't as fun anymore. I just do it for the cash. Thankfully some people are taking initiative and running their own tournaments with great prizes, glitchers not welcome.
    Well with this update and mini league I hope we can select who enters it