Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Ryyst Blog #1 - Hacks and the Future

Comments

• [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Akuji80 said:

Ryyst I have raised many a concern regarding double conversion etc, why is it that a reply from customer service is a cut and paste type answer. That's within the parameters. To save space on the server eliminate customer service as they aren't useful for anything...

Furthermore the lag on supercharger and turbo events is appalling, is there anything in the pipeline to fix this

Customer service with any company, especially game companies.. hek, even mobile game companies are limited to their tools and what data is available. Having said that, and having dealt with other games within Glu, I can assure you , our CS is one of the best by the sheer fact that the CS department was molded by two people that were involved in the customer service for one of the biggest multiplayer online games out there. Most companies, don't really provide support except for a "Sorry, can't helo, here are some iin-game currency.

So while a lot of you bash our customer service, I'm here to defend them because they do the thankless job of going through all the tickets, advocated for all of you, but limited by policy and tool limitations. Most of the time, they can't do what you request. That's the same with other games as well. Often, our records don't show things the way you may think. We don't see vids of races, we see a matrix code of numbers. Just because someone cries "hack" doesn't mean its always true.. .sometimes you lose, because you lost. Screenshot, as I've said before, don't mean anything. We've seen crappy photoshopped attempts, which means there are good photoshopped screen shots out there. So we eliminate that part of the equation by not using them... outside of the racer names they may provide.
    Also, if hacks were so easy to determine, than the solution would be a lot easier. The fact is, hacks are hacks because we cannot prove them. A good hack means they trick the game somehow. In a way that all our checks miss, which means yes, our data probably won't show it. NOW, that being said, we are always constantly improving our tools and what we log. So there are some ways for us to determine things and we have restored cars based on that. If we didn't, that means either whatever means they used was untraceable or you simply lost. Those of you who go buy posted times on some website or Facebook page, those are not official and from what I've seen, those times are inaccurate. I know how fast cars can go according to our data, the game checks this as well. We aren't perfect, I'll say that, We're working with some of you to help us make sure our car times are more accurate, but right now, the game knows how fast a car should be able to go. If you exceed that, we know, if you exceed that by a lot we know. The game will make it a tie.

Thats along winded bunch of text basically saying, its not easy to detect if someone may have cheated, but our customer service team will investigate as much as they can.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Akuji80Akuji80 Registered Users 13 Posts
    edited March 2016
    With that investigation they reply with the car ratings are nothing to go by, and that the times we have collated on our collective records aren't game certified. You know this is BS ryyst and these records are held by well respected tuners and racers within game, whilst the coding maybe dificult to detect insulting our intelligence should not be be a prerequisite for CS. Surely there should be a database with times for each lobby that they can check off against races we report....

Is there any fix in place to address SC LAG
  • portugal2100portugal2100 Registered Users 49 Posts
    Some tips, why not a copy paste tune button, if I want to tune a car similar to other in my garage, a simple express tune bottom would be fine and only possibly doing it with gems.
    Other tip, why not a cancel button race when lights get more than 3 seconds to appear.
    About hacking, I think if we can prove with images or video that a car is doing impossible times, why not to open a suspension account case for that racer?
    I have several images with racers doing that impossible times, we see it every week, and that racers are racing and even mocking because they know nothing will happen to their accounts.
  • Saint_Of_DeathSaint_Of_Death Registered Users 197 Posts
    @Ryyst A monthly subscription would be awesome. Three tiers: bronze subscription, silver subscription and gold subscription. Each level differs on the amount of RRC, Gems and crates that you recieve each week or per month.
  • traviss45traviss45 Registered Users 1,303 Posts
    i splooged at daily mystery boxes tbh
    legit dealer, Trump sucks, IGN VIRUZ MODZ

• Saint_Of_DeathSaint_Of_Death Registered Users 197 Posts
    @traviss45 , usually when I splooge I have several napkins close by. LOL
  • TimothyLiuTimothyLiu Registered Users 34 Posts
    Finally the Daily Bonus !.. I've played 5 days after this game is released,we did have daily bonus back then right ??? And it will be nice seing new paints and headlights colors... Can't wait!
  • TimothyLiuTimothyLiu Registered Users 34 Posts
    Update 5.1 u guys should put Used Car Lot to decrease Black Market sales and changing the Gear Ratios please... Evos topped out too quickly u know
  • xxRollDeepxxxxRollDeepxx Registered Users 79 Posts
    Take nos off car option ? I keep asking every time I hear update
    Could we have a girlfriend activator on screen so when I'm on game and my girl comes within 10metres the game activates and warns me off the ear bashing that's waiting for me if I don't get of the game quick enough
  • poloboi12poloboi12 Registered Users 1,594 Posts
    @xxRollDeepxx this aint street racing syndicate lol
  • Galactic EmperorGalactic Emperor Registered Users 3,940 Posts

Could we have a girlfriend activator on screen so when I'm on game and my girl comes within 10metres the game activates and warns me off the ear bashing that's waiting for me if I don't get of the game quick enough

Please do this.
    I can see the Statue of Liberty from here
    When's the update ? My garage took a beating from cheats that I ain't playing til it's fixed - I hear a lot are gonna sit this out and wait for update
  • ThedarthyguestThedarthyguest Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,825 Posts
  • SkeeroSkeero Registered Users 170 Posts
    Any new body kits coming? Carbon fiber hoods etc?

Any chance of getting any of the old crate wheels back in the crate? The first place wheels, I used to spend A LOT on crates to get wheels and matte paints. But when you mainly get a "turf eligible" car out of a 10 pack, it really sucks. Especially if it's not even a good car, or one you would want to use in turf.

I LOVE opening crates, it's a really bad habit. But with the current wheels, and bad cars you get I refuse to buy them. I used to buy $19.99 gems, then the $49.99 and buy crates..

This is the main reason I quit playing, how bad crate pulls can be. The random number generator is set on max pain to consumer.
    I open crates and never get the free wheels - I think my bronze still says open 10 to get free - I open loads and it still says the same - hope update fixes this
    April fools !!! There is no update lol
  • HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts

imac said:

anybody have rr mod 4.3.2?

Seriously? Don't help the cheaters or be one. Now I'll have to investigate your IP.
    Its probably dynamic
  • HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts
    @ryyst.. Bottom line on your blog gotta be. That you guys basicly have no clue on how to code in apk? I really dont give much for that "there is allways a guy thats more smart/clever". Unfortunetly history repeats itself. Nitto was glitched to pieces and now after you gone multiple platforms this is. Not really beeing negative, more realistic unfortunetly:(

How about you guys gave some other companys a call. Lord knows there are companys that produces multiplayer games, which are quite a few lightyear ahead of you guys, when it comes to having a hacker/glitch/cheater free inviroment.

Im not saying that you guys dont care about us that actully keeps spending cash at this game. Nor saying you aint working to make it better. But as i see it, you guys just aint good enough, or has a big enough budget to make this game safe.

With danger of repeating my self (but thats common in here) you guys should have sticked with IOS, but i guess some lame CEO got greedy and insistet on going multiple platforms. The state the game are in, just prooves what i said long time ago. Dont **** with the linux guys. They will outsmart you:(

Just my humble opinon
    Cheers jesper ign howisthat
  • hutchie92hutchie92 Registered Users 1 Posts
    i lost cars in turf due to dual converted idiots i have pic proof n ive sent them in game to glu help team or whatever and im hearing nothing back, I have wanted my cars replaces or gain the gems there both worth what should I do?
  • SkeeroSkeero Registered Users 170 Posts
    edited April 2016
    Any new body kits coming? Carbon fiber hoods etc?

Any chance of getting any of the old crate wheels back in the crate? The first place wheels, I used to spend A LOT on crates to get wheels and matte paints. But when you mainly get a "turf eligible" car out of a 10 pack, it really sucks. Especially if it's not even a good car, or one you would want to use in turf.

I LOVE opening crates, it's a really bad habit. But with the current wheels, and bad cars you get I refuse to buy them. I used to buy $19.99 gems, then the $49.99 and buy crates..

This is the main reason I quit playing, how bad crate pulls can be. The random number generator is set on max pain to consumer.
  • K1TSAL0TK1TSAL0T Registered Users 5,705 Posts

Why is it so hard for customer service to replace cars lost due to hacks and cheats with proof? Spent lots of money never asked for anything. I get cheated. Show proof and they say screw you.

The only proof we can accept is from our logs. In an age where screen shots can be doctored, we simply choose to take that out of the equation and rely on our own data. And yes, we've seen some really bad photo shop attempts.
    I lost a zonda to a 6.6 mclaren, lost my mustang re to a 7.5 nsx rr who also light lagged, lost my turf frs r spec to a 7.4 subie sport, lost my xb dragster to a 6.5 subiw sport, lost my murcie to a 7.6 gallardo, free ran a 1689 mercedes benz c class dtm... these are just some of the thing is send to you guys and they were never photoshopped i sent them strait after the insodent occured
  • youlieyoulie Registered Users 3,798 Posts
    hutchie92 said:

i lost cars in turf due to dual converted idiots i have pic proof n ive sent them in game to glu help team or whatever and im hearing nothing back, I have wanted my cars replaces or gain the gems there both worth what should I do?

Hold your breath
  • AnonymousAnonymous Registered Users 3,837 Posts
    Who still races in the daily drivers challenge????
    That definitely needs improving, racing for gems or a car would be more fun and an actual challenge.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Who wants to do 3 races for 750 a time lol

When is the update it's April now - I'm soooo bored
  • PR0DUSTERPR0DUSTER Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 571 Posts
    what they need to bring back is the gold, silver, bronze prize cars for racer showdown
  • poloboi12poloboi12 Registered Users 1,594 Posts
    PR0DUSTER said:

what they need to bring back is the gold, silver, bronze prize cars for racer showdown

i think when i began playing that stopped but it would be cool to blow out gems again lol

i think

• wuddlebunnywuddlebunny Registered Users 84 Posts
    why do you not take down all videos about hacking? you can't simply leave all videos alone. you can complain copyright it to Youtube.
  • wuddlebunnywuddlebunny Registered Users 84 Posts
    edited April 2016
    Also do you blacklist more bypassed bad words?
    e.g. fck, f u c k, f*ck, sh i t, ashole, etc...

I can PM you links to full list of bad works, if needed.
  • Galactic EmperorGalactic Emperor Registered Users 3,940 Posts
    ^ Wow
    I can see the Statue of Liberty from here