Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Future of Racing Rivals

dustyduffdustyduff Registered Users 1,143 Posts
edited April 2016 in Talk About Racing Rivals
I've been a long time player of this game and even long time forum member. I have played this game faithfully and spent a considerable amount of money. The state of this game has continued to go down hill for the past year and i feel like it has hit its all time low. GLU has always promised to remedy cloners/hackers/apk for the past SEVERAL updates. People continue to pump money into this game, however you continue to let these modders take the game lower and lower. How come all this money isnt being put back into the game and correcting these issues? You keep finding "new cars" and licensing agreements but i speak for many of the old timers when i say "****" new cars. Fix the **** game first so we can play without being robbed.

Brings me to my next point.....your customer service is filled with absolute morons. You are hiring people who do not even play the game or support it. These apk users are running times that are impossible. I dont give a **** about the coding or what you claim the car can do. If it can be done then prove it. Let me see you run a 6.4 in a zonda, 9.6 in a civic si, or a 6.2 in a Koenisigg. You guys have never been about your customers and loyal base of players. This game will be dead if you do not turn it around.

And i appreciate the 200 free gems (right in the middle of turf) so these daffodils apk users can change their name for the next leg of events.

Comments

• Options
    AnnaliseAnnalise Registered Users 131 Posts
    I could not put it better myself. There should be a class action suit by all of us for ALL of our money returned for the game being a fraud and when you play does not function as it should and they do not repay us for the unfair losses.
  • Options
    I personaly think GLU's customer service responses are a cop out. They know the hacking is going on and refuse to address the situation. Its easier for them to say its "within limits" which forces people to spend more money to replace whatever was stolen. Dont get me wrong....i partially understand their situaion because people would just exploit the "give backs"and basically create a cloning situation (aka pass car to themselves on another device and claim hacker took it just so its replaced). They need to actually fix the apk situation for things to get better.
  • Options
    rsxpwrrsxpwr Registered Users 59 Posts
    Man you nailed it

That's one of my questions, how can they be putting "New Cars" every second week, when they cannot even fix all these hackers with modded apks
  • Options
    hexxum001hexxum001 Registered Users 3,954 Posts
    @dustyduff Hey what's going on bro? Good to see an OG still in the game. It's crazy how we used to complain about CIE back in the day. Glu really isn't any better. I used to say it back then, the only way to get there attention is to stop spending money. But no one listens. As a matter of fact, more money is being spent now than ever. So what incentive do they have to rush to fix all the problems with this game? None really. They are laughing their a$$es off all the way to the bank.
  • Options
    kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• Options
    FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    dustyduff said:

I've been a long time player of this game and even long time forum member. I have played this game faithfully and spent a considerable amount of money. The state of this game has continued to go down hill for the past year and i feel like it has hit its all time low. GLU has always promised to remedy cloners/hackers/apk for the past SEVERAL updates. People continue to pump money into this game, however you continue to let these modders take the game lower and lower. How come all this money isnt being put back into the game and correcting these issues? You keep finding "new cars" and licensing agreements but i speak for many of the old timers when i say "****" new cars. Fix the **** game first so we can play without being robbed.

Brings me to my next point.....your customer service is filled with absolute morons. You are hiring people who do not even play the game or support it. These apk users are running times that are impossible. I dont give a **** about the coding or what you claim the car can do. If it can be done then prove it. Let me see you run a 6.4 in a zonda, 9.6 in a civic si, or a 6.2 in a Koenisigg. You guys have never been about your customers and loyal base of players. This game will be dead if you do not turn it around.

And i appreciate the 200 free gems (right in the middle of turf) so these daffodils apk users can change their name for the next leg of events.

Its a FREE game!!! Why would you spend "a considerable amount of money" on a free game? I have spent ZERO and I am just as competitive as the next guy.

• Options
    hexxum001 said:

@dustyduff Hey what's going on bro? Good to see an OG still in the game. It's crazy how we used to complain about CIE back in the day. Glu really isn't any better. I used to say it back then, the only way to get there attention is to stop spending money. But no one listens. As a matter of fact, more money is being spent now than ever. So what incentive do they have to rush to fix all the problems with this game? None really. They are laughing their a$$es off all the way to the bank.

Hey buddy...long time no see @hexxum001 . Im still around but mainly on FB. Dont visit the forums as much (too many trolls and scammers). I was still turfing up until recently, but stopped with all these apk cheaters. Its sad to see the game in its current state (7 out of 10 in turf lobby are using apk). So many OG racers have quit recently and im seeing more and more contemplating leaving now. But GLU doesnt care.....there will be some new people who will fall into the same trap. Its a never ending circle.

• Options
    Lbhero34Lbhero34 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 38 Posts
    They really should just change the name to hackers rivals. It's pathetic to see so many legit teams and racers turn to the hacks. This game has more problems now than it ever has and so many legit racers are leaving. It may be beyond repair at this point. Once the apk's are patched hackers will stop spending money on the game and with so many of the OG racers gone, the future for this game is looking bleak at best.

Yes many racers have sold off their accts and got what they could out of the game while they could.! Can you blame any of them? I have been contemplating the same. I was holding hope that this would all blow over but it really doesn't seem like it's going to, and It really doesn't seem like Glu cares either. The hackers have ruined what was once a good thing and Glu allowed this to happen but not taking any proactive approaches to fix it. A few moderators per server banning ip addresses of guys who are clearly hacking would have stopped this along time ago... Oh well what's done is done and this game will be over soon
  • Options
    xxRollDeepxxxxRollDeepxx Registered Users 79 Posts
    This hackers ain't all dumb - the problem is they use a vpn blocker and they can't get banned
  • Options
    jepordy908RRjepordy908RR Registered Users 1,046 Posts
    null
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I͟g͟n͟s͟: IXI PENGUIN IXI
    TWIN TURBO R32
    SUBARU CENTEAL

ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ
  • Options
    Steve wardSteve ward Registered Users 19 Posts
    SO NEGATIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Gavc19Gavc19 Registered Users 202 Posts
    @dustyduff we should be friends, oh wait we are. I only 98% agree. In my opinion the hackers have just gotten the better of them with regards to their game. I'm no programmer but I think they just are on the losing end of the battle over control of their own game. My advise, and most are already doing it, is to stop pinking. I used to just race the guys I knew then pink the ones I thought were bad or unknown. Now it seems the only way to make points faster is to only pink guys you know. Every time I see an unknown guy I think he is hacker, and I'm sadly right most of the time. My old strategy of challenging slower cars with faster ones is pretty much useless, I get raised pink so often and it is completely obvious they are hackers. Maybe the next update will make it a little better before it gets worse again. Before Android, before crates, back when chicken points were awarded, this game kicked serious ass.
  • Options
    Gavc19Gavc19 Registered Users 202 Posts
    edited April 2016
    oh and @Fugyea I too have spent zero and made a small fortune, but I do have sympathy for the ones feeding money into the game that are getting bent over currently. Is rrc still 100$ for 1 mil in the game? lmao
  • Options
    FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    Gavc19. I hear ya. However, imo if the game is free you really have no right to complain. The hackers bother me as well. I don't pink and if I bet money, it's a small amount just to keep it interesting.

I just don't understand why someone would spend real money here. I have read some posts where people "claim" they spent $100's + on the game. Why? If ya know it's broken (the game) then why? Ya know the hackers will do all they can to take all you have.

As for me, I'll spend my cash elsewhere.