Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Ryyst Blog #1 - Hacks and the Future

Comments

• youlieyoulie Registered Users 3,798 Posts
    Lol on a positive note, thanks for the gems. That was pretty cool!
  • dulwhitedulwhite Registered Users 118 Posts
    no rush on 5.0 or anything. oh wait. yes. PLEASE NOW NOW. Any update on release? I really looking forward to pinking again.
  • AnnaliseAnnalise Registered Users 131 Posts
    Ryyst you are ok with me. The rest of glu should be ashamed though. Please take this game down until it is fixed and stop taking people's money for a defective product. It is wrong as the day is long to accept another penny from people for this mess. Literally over half my pink races this week were met by cheaters to rob me. This game is not functioning even close to properly and refunds are in order. I know that will never happen with a greedy money hungry failure of a company like glu. The least they could do is take the game down to feign some shred of integrity. Nothing personal, and despite any political bs I might receive, you must know right is right. I know you can't stop the greedy slobs, but maybe put in a word for me? Do they even realize what this looks like from our end of things?
  • greenburnout303greenburnout303 Registered Users 1,975 Posts
    I think very limited crate items would be great! (ex: you can only get this set of wheels for 24 hours) would make collectors like myself spend LOTS of cash on crates
  • 2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    This turf was horrible for cars running crazy fast times in lobbies they shouldn't be, I really hope the update comes soon and fixes this problem
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• CrazyRrSaqibCrazyRrSaqib Registered Users 5 Posts
    Alot of people are talking about how they want them to sell mills for like $1 they can not possibly do that because when they release a car in this game it costs them to get it or else it would be copyright. So it will not be possible for them they could make it cheaper but not that cheap they could do around $15 for 2 mill thats fair enough so there gaining money
  • Lbhero34Lbhero34 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 38 Posts
    This game is dying off. Glu can't fix it or figure out how to run it, all legit racers are selling off and quitting, and hackers are ruining every fun aspect of the game. Kiss this game goodbye because it won't be long til it's just a worthless hacker filled shit heap. I for one am selling off my acct. 400+ cars, 59 turf cars. Once they are all gone so am I. Glu is one of the worst run companies I've ever heard of and they will fold or sell off sooner than later. Their other games don't generate enough revenue to sustain them
  • xxRollDeepxxxxRollDeepxx Registered Users 79 Posts
    As much as we voice our opinion s about he had points of the game when the update comes and hackers are gone for a short time it's stil the number one game .

As for the photoshop comment about not returning cars @Ryyst if a car runs to fast like m2 in 50 it tie races - I had a interga run 9.577 in 50 srt4 run 9.53 and both times I lost my car - why did nt the server auto tie race - the cars I lost cost gems and had matte paint which cost gems - the 200 free gems was nice but does not touch the cost of what my cars cost.

I was not going to turf but like a boss thought fck the hackers and did my 18k min in turbo but obviously losing a bunch of cars to hackers.

In the update I would like to see a few options I don't think have been mentioned: in the option list of cars like for turf or showdown a-z etc

Could we add
    Turf cars owned
    Crate cars owned
    Cars with matte and rims maybe

This would save us scrolling thru our 1000 car garage a lot of time

A date for when the update is released ?

Even tho I lost to hackers I still managed to beat a few which they came back and tried to race me again - that felt good but it's really out of control right now.
  • greenburnout303greenburnout303 Registered Users 1,975 Posts
    it would be nice to unfriend a person without having to load a garage first, like be able to check off the friends we dont want and press delete
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Apple has approved the update. We're still tweaking the Android version.. mostly because Apple usually takes 2 weeks so we thought we'd have that long anyways to work on it.. but anyhoo since most of the "anti-hack" stuff is for Android, its going to take a bit. So I'm hoping within the next two - three weeks.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

@ryyst thanks for the response - much appreciated
    I know pink points won't come back - but I just had a idea - how about if a racer chickens a race they lose points - so if the race is worth 80 points they lose at least half 40 points or even the full 80

Then when people need points they won't chicken
    That doesn't seem like a very good idea.
    What's gonna stop me from jumping in a zonda and challenging everyone that isn't in one?
    Right now you don't do that because waiting for the timer to run out waste too much time.
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    I gave up lotsa chicken points when they existed cuz I don't run pinks very often...never liked chicken points tho cuz it either forced you to risk your car or give points to the enemy...

Can we expect 5.0 before turf starts?
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @dulwhite no, couple weeks out still on update
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • NASTYTHUGNASTYTHUG Registered Users 1,121 Posts
    @ [RR] Ryyst- is there a way too, if a apponet is just sitting there not racing can they get kicked so they have to come back in? It really annoying that people just sit in lobbies and don't race! - thanks just my 2cents!
  • SkeeroSkeero Registered Users 170 Posts
    Any new body kits coming? Carbon fiber hoods etc?

Any chance of getting any of the old crate wheels back in the crate? The first place wheels, I used to spend A LOT on crates to get wheels and matte paints. But when you mainly get a "turf eligible" car out of a 10 pack, it really sucks. Especially if it's not even a good car, or one you would want to use in turf.

I LOVE opening crates, it's a really bad habit. But with the current wheels, and bad cars you get I refuse to buy them. I used to buy $19.99 gems, then the $49.99 and buy crates..

This is the main reason I quit playing, how bad crate pulls can be. The random number generator is set on max pain to consumer.
  • timmbitstimmbits Registered Users 7 Posts
    @[RR] Ryyst is their any chance we can do trading with getting scammed, like a trading system in game?
  • 2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    I can't wait for update, this turf was difficult. Whatever the hack is they are using, people are running crazy times for lobbies
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

They are using a apk called jet boost
    im waiting for the update but I think it might be too little too late - this update is going to have to be pretty amazing to keep me in game
    Queue jeopardy music
    2HIPSI said:

I can't wait for update, this turf was difficult. Whatever the hack is they are using, people are running crazy times for lobbies

I didn't run into to much this weekend till the ford event. Even then it was mostly tie glitchers. But I agree, about an hour or two into ford I had to just put the game down and walk away I got so frustrated.
  • Benza28Benza28 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I was wondering if it was possible to change the measurement system from imperial to metric? I understand the biggest markets for this game is in the U.S and U.K (Who us Imperial), but it annoys me when I don't know how fast I'm going, or the power output of my vehicle. Thanks.
  • KKDude11432KKDude11432 Registered Users 7,358 Posts
    @Benza28 , You just have to multiply the speed by 1.6.... 60Mph is 100Kmph, 100 mph is 160 Kmph, and so on...
    OG Player, OG Forums User, M5 Enthusiast, Legit Dealer. KKDude11432 is the name, Racing Rivals is the game.

Main Ign: XxDudeOfFirexX
  • koussakidkoussakid Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 1,341 Posts

Apple has approved the update. We're still tweaking the Android version.. mostly because Apple usually takes 2 weeks so we thought we'd have that long anyways to work on it.. but anyhoo since most of the "anti-hack" stuff is for Android, its going to take a bit. So I'm hoping within the next two - three weeks.

What about Amazon tablets like me
  • DrifterMikeyDrifterMikey Registered Users 504 Posts

Akuji80 said:

Ryyst I have raised many a concern regarding double conversion etc, why is it that a reply from customer service is a cut and paste type answer. That's within the parameters. To save space on the server eliminate customer service as they aren't useful for anything...

Furthermore the lag on supercharger and turbo events is appalling, is there anything in the pipeline to fix this

Customer service with any company, especially game companies.. hek, even mobile game companies are limited to their tools and what data is available. Having said that, and having dealt with other games within Glu, I can assure you , our CS is one of the best by the sheer fact that the CS department was molded by two people that were involved in the customer service for one of the biggest multiplayer online games out there. Most companies, don't really provide support except for a "Sorry, can't helo, here are some iin-game currency.

So while a lot of you bash our customer service, I'm here to defend them because they do the thankless job of going through all the tickets, advocated for all of you, but limited by policy and tool limitations. Most of the time, they can't do what you request. That's the same with other games as well. Often, our records don't show things the way you may think. We don't see vids of races, we see a matrix code of numbers. Just because someone cries "hack" doesn't mean its always true.. .sometimes you lose, because you lost. Screenshot, as I've said before, don't mean anything. We've seen crappy photoshopped attempts, which means there are good photoshopped screen shots out there. So we eliminate that part of the equation by not using them... outside of the racer names they may provide.
    Also, if hacks were so easy to determine, than the solution would be a lot easier. The fact is, hacks are hacks because we cannot prove them. A good hack means they trick the game somehow. In a way that all our checks miss, which means yes, our data probably won't show it. NOW, that being said, we are always constantly improving our tools and what we log. So there are some ways for us to determine things and we have restored cars based on that. If we didn't, that means either whatever means they used was untraceable or you simply lost. Those of you who go buy posted times on some website or Facebook page, those are not official and from what I've seen, those times are inaccurate. I know how fast cars can go according to our data, the game checks this as well. We aren't perfect, I'll say that, We're working with some of you to help us make sure our car times are more accurate, but right now, the game knows how fast a car should be able to go. If you exceed that, we know, if you exceed that by a lot we know. The game will make it a tie.

Thats along winded bunch of text basically saying, its not easy to detect if someone may have cheated, but our customer service team will investigate as much as they can.
    Heck*
    Ign Drifter Mickey
  • DrifterMikeyDrifterMikey Registered Users 504 Posts
    *hello
    Ign Drifter Mickey