Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

How to avoid losing a car in pinks to a hacker/glitcher....

Gavc19Gavc19 Registered Users 202 Posts
Ok so I have played this game since the start and there have always been hackers and glitchers and cheaters. It is unfortunate but recently it has been a huge problem in turf lobbies with racers getting times that are basically impossible. Whether it is double conversion or some other BS I am not exactly sure. However that being said I have avoided a pink matchup with these losers for many weeks now. All of my pinks losses in the past month have been against legit racers. How do I do it? First off I have always been reluctant to pink and choose my targets carefully. Hang out in the lobby for a little, get warmed up. If someone loses to a cheater they will usually tell the lobby. Look at each of the racers in the lobby. Are they familiar? Are they racing for a team you have heard of or a team name xioixxxo0 which is a red flag as a hacker team. Now this also does get exploited by copycat teams. You think it is a legit team and instead it is the evil copycat team so be careful. I have seen copycat 20 Spartans teams, rivals warriors (now retired), loyal family, fast and loyal and most recently gator racin has a copycat team. They just add a space or use a 0 instead of a o. So take your time. If you raise unknown people pink you will lose to an unfair race. Also look at the car they drive. Hackers and cheaters favor showroom cars that are cash: stingray, stella, Honda civic si, evo 8 etc... Rarely will they be in a turf or gem car. These are merely guidelines and suggestions not guarantees. I used to avoid pinking the guys I knew because if they are familiar I figured they were experienced. I would go after noobs. Now you are far better off pinking the guys you know, friends even lol. Maybe ask first on that one though....

Comments

• poloboi12poloboi12 Registered Users 1,594 Posts
    @Gavc19 u amazed me again man thnx alot
  • Gavc19Gavc19 Registered Users 202 Posts
    what else you want me to post about @poloboi12 ?
    edited April 2016
    tunning would be good i am interested in doing that for my self @Gavc19
    edited April 2016
    I probably have made a post @poloboi12 . I used to do a lot of tuning but gave it up for two reasons. The ratings are all screwed up and they jump around making it very difficult to know when you have a legit tune that is actually 56 (example). It will say 57 and you think you overshot but after a few reboots it will say 56 or even 55 lol. Instead these days I trade a lot of tunes with other legit guys. There are good tuners out there that deal with the nonsense, then through my circle of friends we exchange and share nice ones( reason #2). I have quite the collection of killer ones in my opinion. When I have some time I'll share some tuning strategies and basic tuning info.
  • BTSRBTSR Registered Users 427 Posts
    @Gavc19 im interested in tunes too, seems that pigpen's tunes dont go too far in this game.
    np @Gavc19 it will be much appreciated
  • Goldtop1955Goldtop1955 Registered Users 556 Posts
    BTSR said:

@Gavc19 im interested in tunes too, seems that pigpen's tunes dont go too far in this game.

PIGP3N races maxed cars heads up. No guessing or cheating that way.
  • dubber87dubber87 Registered Users 113 Posts
    This is great. I am a girl that was scammed by a dude for 4 cars 2 different times, 2 diff guys, it's sad, makes the game not fun bc I have a small garage and I work hard for the game to have fun. He was level 184. And has 100 of the same cars he took. Had I read this I could have avoided it. Thank you :)
    Tuning is fun if you have time @poloboi12 I rarely have time anymore or the patience. Back in the day I would try to make the best tunes and I still use some of my own lobby killers, but I stopped tuning in favor of trading and acquiring best tunes from my vast circle of very legit racers. Here are some basic guidelines for tuning 1 or 2 lobbies down from max. Leave NOS off unless you find out whether it is needed to be boss of that lobby ex: a 63 z28 tune you best put that NOS on, while in 56 (or under) z28 leaves it off. Max out weight loss then add parts that give the most hp while taking the most weight off. Avoid some of the pro parts that give maybe 3hp but add 10 lbs. These parts may be necessary for a maxed tune but if you are getting only a slight advantage lets take off the weight. Max out turbo! For whatever reason it seems like adding many turbo parts doesn't seem to increase ratings as much as engine parts do. Some of the lobby killer R class tunes will run full maxed out turbo parts with all of the engine parts stock. Once you get at the rating you want, start experimenting with adding parts or if you overshoot adding a little weight by taking off a 1 lb part or adding pro suspension or even adding stage 1 axle can be a great way to tweak the rating. The true test to see if you are in the right rating is to be in a turf/showdown lobby. One strange glitch they have not fixed is when you truly get a winning tune it will actually say 1 rating point higher off and on. EX: I have used the same badass GTSR tune in 63 for a while now. I just may beat the wr if I ever have some time to keep at it. Just yesterday it said 1664. Id bet 100$ when I log in today it will say 63 again. Makes me wonder how many great tunes I had and then started to add weight or take off parts. One of a few reasons I hate tuning now. The rating will fluctuate back and forth and sometimes you will even get yelled at for cheating by being in the wrong turf lobby because it will say 1664 in a 1663 lobby. Noob/haters but there has been so much cheating you really cant blame them. Even worse still is the opposite problem which I see more often in 1668, You can have a 1668 rated car and be put in max lobby. Ex: In a supercharger event I was in a maxed out f1gtr. I saw a zr1 and the lobby was empty. I challenged him and he raised me pinks?!?! So of course I accepted because I can dead launch my car with .100 rt and destroy him and I did. His car said 1668, sorry bro, even though we were in max lobby and I was 1683. I added 1lb of weight and my best zr1 sc tune for 1668 was born with very little tuning done by me lol. So be careful and test, test, test. Trial and error and patience and anyone can get a lobby killer tune.