Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

c ya

well, im done here for the most part, once again i open the game, computer drops me into a room, my 10.4 car is expected to run against jumped in cars going 7-9 seconds,,,,called one a prick, at least gave an honest response... nahh,im just trying to make money........,, so racing rivals admins and customer support,see what ya did to the game?, im not going to sit for an hour watching replays every night before racing to see a fair opponent to run against,my time is valuable and limited, so my time and money will now go elsewhere, fix your screwup , and ill return,( i know this wont change the world,but if im doing it and im the average joe, i imagine many others are too, and for sure any and all i can let know will stay away).

Comments

• Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    I'm sorry to see you go man.. I hope you still pop in once in a while and say hi.
  • SS SPEED SHOPSS SPEED SHOP Registered Users 37 Posts
    i will ,,hell i got great cars, but i will only be on during high traffic times once in a while,sorry for the team, but this is just tooooo agravating.
    Yea I understand bro.. I hope the game developers come up with a soultion to this.. I was racing In my 1609 rsx and there were viper gtsr's in the room.. It just annoyed me and I didn't wanna play anymore for the night. So I completely understand.. Well don't stay a stranger! Haha
    The point is that not every cars should have to be maxed in r class or whatever, people should be able to have their car tuned the way they want to and be able to race it with other cars tuned in a similar way.. Like myself, I like to run some cars stress free and around the 1610 range.. Well without fail, here comes some ass in a car that's 2 or more seconds faster but looks stock. Sure, lets race, and sure enough, he jets off and I'm sitting there thinking wtf?? It's an annoyance and is seriously taking away for some aspects of the game.
  • BeetleJuice™BeetleJuice™ Registered Users 114 Posts
    I know many people quitting. CIE isn't a very good customer service friendly place. Game will be downhill in a few months.
  • jjbinx808jjbinx808 Registered Users 3,489 Posts
    Sorry to hear that Speed Shop. You will be missed!
  • SS SPEED SHOPSS SPEED SHOP Registered Users 37 Posts
    yep, thats the issue, if im at the rooms capped power rating,i should never lose by more than .250 seconds if the shifts are close to perfect, whats the point of trying to race if you are outgunned by 2-3 seconds?, and its not an option for me to use a friend to jump into a lower class/power room with a high power car just to win,im not interested in easy wins,i came here for honest and fair competition win or lose, not ridiculous matchups and aggravation! really like this game and its possibilities,but the fact is,its now just a playground for people going for easy wins, the funny part is, those types get bored doing that pretty quickly,then they too leave, so my question for c i e , is,who ya gonna have left?, the jumpers and hackers lose interest,people like me with disposable income leave from frustration(or we quit spending money), new people come on and get slaughtered and leave, we all warn people away from here,and by extension, al c i e games,so do tell me, whats your goal? dont think you folks really thought this through........
  • KingSlick13KingSlick13 Registered Users 55 Posts
    As your team member this news makes me sad. Hopefully you pop in once in awhile. We do have a team event that mud and b unit are working on. Hope to see you compete in it buddy. Ttyl