Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Waiting for a repsonse about my account

Comments

• [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    The account you are trying to recover is still linked to a Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/james.farra
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• greenburnout303greenburnout303 Registered Users 1,975 Posts
    It should be linked to jdrivals as it were before not that fb
    edited May 2016
    It was linked to that before. Than linked to jdrivals while linked to jdrivals I accidentally made the lol account over jdrivals. It need to be connected to jdRivals as I don't have access to James.farra
  • SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    Well at least you got some progress, I still haven't heard from anyone and Old account not linked yet to the proper google profile
    Still working on this. I haven't gotten any responses from glu in game so I'm relying on ryyst here to finish this yp
    Ryyst.

It should be linked to jdrivals as it were before not that fb

So what CS will tell you is to log onto the FB page we linked on your device. Then you can link it to Google by having your device logged onto the Google account you want.

Well at least you got some progress, I still haven't heard from anyone and Old account not linked yet to the proper google profile

What is your IGN?

If you linked it to James.farra and not jdrivals there's no way for me to log in......
    youve basically linked it to a dead acount
    edited May 2016
    We don't initially link accounts. Players do. There is absolutely no way we would have known to link an account to that FB page. We don't know any of that. The only way it could have been linked is if the player on the account played it on a device with that FB account logged in, and they chose to link the racer to Facebook.

I would suggest you work with Facebook to get access to that account. Log onto it on your device. Log onto the google play account you want to use. Log onto the racer by selecting FB, then link it to Google.

Ryyst, I've been waiting 12 days I got no communication from any CS in the game or by email. New Temp account still linked to my google profile and not my old account that I need to get back.

Can you look into it please.
    You said a few posts up that YOU linked that fb to the racer account. Now you tell me that you can't do that? Jdfarra96 was ONLY linked to jdrivals fb. I'm not going in viscous loops to help get a dead fb back when I didn't link James.Farra to the account. If you can't help me here then I'm just going to have to switch to a different game. This is borderline insanity. 3+ days of cs and you trying to help and all I get is " talk to fb"? Great. Thanks.
    We said it is linked to that FB. We didn't do it.

The reason we don't just switch links is due to security issues. The account in question was linked to that FB account, not by us, by whoever had access to the Racer, which we have to assume is you. So at some point your device in which you accessed this Racer was also logged onto that FB account and was linked, by the user, not us. There would be no way for us to know to link that FB page to your account.

For security reasons, we don't swap FB links. That account is completely accessible by you. All you need is to log onto that FB account, in which we have informed you how to do, and that is by contacting FB. There should be no reason you couldn't do that unless it isn't your account. Which brings us back to security of the account.

As for customer service, we have provided you with the info you need. I have also gone out of my way and beyond the scope of this position to try and get you help. At this point, only you have the power to get control of that account.

Ryyst, I've been waiting 12 days I got no communication from any CS in the game or by email. New Temp account still linked to my google profile and not my old account that I need to get back.

Can you look into it please.

Again... what is your Racer Name?

edited May 2016
    Bump
    close this thread
    Ryyst?
    Good luck.
    This is beyond unreal
    Lost me as a customer. Right after I spend about $250 on gems. Never again
  • lsmithlsmith Registered Users 3 Posts
    This is why I'm suggested you get a refund from your purchases, this developer only cares about their earnings
  • rsxpwrrsxpwr Registered Users 59 Posts
    I had a ticket submitted to Glu, I never got any response from them for almost 3 weeks, but eventually my issue got resolved. It took a long time but eventually something was done.

Just to add my 5 cents.

Old Racer name is "mazingerz"
    New Temporary Racer Name "tempmazinger"
    Temporary account is linked to google profile "mazingerzmn"

I sent you all this information on a pm 10 days ago

First, PMing me is probably the worst way to get a hold of me as I get hundreds a day and I'm unable to answer them all.
    Second, I am not customer service, I'll try and help but as I have other duties, I won't always respond right away
    Third, I looked into your ticket and you were answered 5 days ago.

Here is the reply sent:

Hello Mauricio,

I'm very sorry to hear that you lost your account. Upon review of MAZINGERZ I have confirmed that there is already a Google Play association on the account. Be sure you are logged in to Google Play when you launch the game and you should be able to load that racer.

If you cannot access your other Google Play account, please contact Google to inquire.

Should you have any other questions regarding your account information, please feel free to contact me again.

Kind regards,
    Kayla

The Google Nickname linked to your racer is Mazinger Z.

lsmith said:

This is why I'm suggested you get a refund from your purchases, this developer only cares about their earnings

Except for the part where I tried helping him. We did help him. We gave him the means to resolve the issue which is something that is not on our side, he just needs to log onto the FB account linked to the Racer. If he needs assistance accessing a Facebook account, we are unable to assist as we are not Facebook, nor do we have any login info for Facebook. He will need to contact Facebook.

edited May 2016
    RRyst I never got any replies on my my new temp racer at all, and I cannot access that Google profile since a new google profile got created on that google account.

I never got any emails on messages on the game at all.

Would it help if I link my new temp racer to a FB account?

I though GLU could just swap the new racer with the new temp racer which is link the the new created google profile?

Like I mentioned to you on a previous tread, I got no tickets open on my temp racer "?" you confirmed I had 3 tickets open, but I have not heard from any CS at all since this my issues started on April 24, 2016
    Sounds familiar. Cs responses not going thru at all
    edited May 2016
    I never heard anyhting from any CS and rsxpwr mentioned that he never got any replies from the CS at all, but he got his issue fixed. Has GLU tested this CS communication protocol with accounts that are lost?
    RRyst, on the phone with Google and they just told me, it's the developer duty to sync up my game data to my google profile, specially since I have provided you with all information needed and requested from you, and I havent received any communication from your CS.
    edited May 2016
    All responses go to the "?" in game. Not through email or PMs.

Correct, Google does not sync to games, but they do have the ability to help you access your Google Account.

What we are saying is that the account you want is already linked to a Google account with the nickname Mazinger Z . To access the racer, you need to have your device logged onto that Google account.

If it helps I can PM you the GoogleID# of the account you need to access.