Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Getting Same Turf Lobby With Same People Every Week...

LOSTLOST Registered Users 1 Posts
Every week i go to do turf ever since the update and its the exact same people and everyone in my lobby is complaining because racing the same people over and over gets boring. please fix...

Comments

• CannatunaCannatuna Registered Users 121 Posts
    Thats been like that for years hope it gets fixed one day, lets not hold our breath though
  • hexxum001hexxum001 Registered Users 3,954 Posts
    It's always been that way. 2+ year turfer here and it has always been like that.
  • youlieyoulie Registered Users 3,798 Posts
    Cannatuna said:

Thats been like that for years hope it gets fixed one day, lets not hold our breath though

hexxum001 said:

It's always been that way. 2+ year turfer here and it has always been like that.

Maby to an extant but its worse now. Before the update there was at least two lobbies
    And its not so much that its boring its more that you start running outta points
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    Races are set up by servers...whoever gets their feed from a server races the people who are also connected to that server...no way around it...it is what it is guys

• crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    edited May 2016
    Servers are by region, where you live determines where you race. I live un the SE US and play racers from florida to texas. I have friends that live in NY and play a different set of players, also west cost US same thing.

I used to race, before lack of talent coiners ruined the game, Now i just collect cars and race bots, lower lobbies (my fav place to race) is all but dead every week. the quest for points, coining boosts has ruined the experience for me. I also hear there is a glitch, where you can set boost. And when challenged, you can turn it off and get the boost for free. Makes legit players like me sick, to have to play with exploiters, So i stopped, didn't bother me, couldn't race anyways. In my area lower lobbys were a lonely place anyways.

If RR could combine servers, when racers were low. It might reinvigorate players like me, that love lower lobbies. Just a suggestion, I coin when i have fun, i don't coin when i have to
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    We're working on improvements for this
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    How about implementing a 1650 turf, or a 1640 turf? Like turbo event or Chevy only, except the restriction is room rating?
  • Koaleader171Koaleader171 Registered Users 457 Posts
    @CHSJA i think thats an excellent idea. that would bring some of the older players and the players like me and crazyjr back to turfing somewhat. i miss the lower lobbies and they are all dead nowadays. even in regular multiplayer, there is usually only one 1650 lobby, and then a 1612 is lobby. everything between there is ghost town....
    "Whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."
  • youlieyoulie Registered Users 3,798 Posts
    CHSJA said:

How about implementing a 1650 turf, or a 1640 turf? Like turbo event or Chevy only, except the restriction is room rating?

They kind of already do this when they have class events
  • Gavc19Gavc19 Registered Users 202 Posts
    There was some serious server shuffling going on for months. But as the OP said it has been same for a few weeks now. I don't really mind because I already know which losers resort to lags every pink race. I already know which racers are very fast and consistent and I know which are too proud to chicken when I raise pink in a faster car lol. I agree it is a bit annoying seeing the same few dozen people but I am legit and friendly so it works out nicely. It would be even cooler if they kept it like this but then every month or so mix it all up again. There should be a way to jump into different servers, it drives me crazy when I know there are hundreds of racers racing maxed furai a few weeks ago and I am stuck with 2-4 racers at most. This should be fixed or just stop doing events that are so restrictive. Day 1 is so painful I miss getting a bit of a variety on every day.
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    I agree. Very frustrating in Turf and Showdown when you know there's thousands racing and u keep being put in the same lobby. Even when u try the different ratings the same ppl show up. It makes it hard to score points.

I get the impression that it ranks racers and tries to put lobbies of roughly similar ability together, although not sure about that.
    @RogerTheTodger from my understanding, it does exactly that. If you have 0 points you get put in a lobby with other people with few points. The more points you get, the higher lobby you are in.
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    I guess the easy thing to do would be to pink the relevant cars over to a new account, waste the newbies and take the points.

Not very sporting though and not why I play the game. Don't see another solution to racing the same ppl over and over for ever decreasing points though.
    @RogerTheTodger if it is decided that way in lobbies, then you should be able to refresh the lobby when you have enough points and be put into a lobby with higher ranked people.
  • BTSRBTSR Registered Users 427 Posts
    I don't mind racing the same people because each turf the cars are different.

What I hate is that I enter an EMPTY LOBBY. Meanwhile friends with similar rating cars have lobbies with many people. Ridiculous.
  • hexxum001hexxum001 Registered Users 3,954 Posts

We're working on improvements for this

I hope so. My server seems to be full of guys on top 25 teams. :/ It'd be nice to race some more noobs that suck at the game. lol
  • Gavc19Gavc19 Registered Users 202 Posts
    You never know who is good and who is noob. Many veterans have many accounts and many go away and come back. I know many retired pros who just jump on in there side accounts or new accounts just to pink the guys turfing hard, then sell their cars back to them the next time that event comes around. They keep crushing and need more inventory.