Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

This weeks turf

OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
With this bug plagued game you still want us to pump money into this game for an frs r (don't like em lost it never got another) and a rwb (lost that last week cause driving it was hit and miss for me). Nope not me. I'm on a top 100 team but if I get kicked, I get kicked but I'm not putting $100+ in your pocket to buy and tune these cars. ESPECIALLY with a subpar product as this.

Comments

• Options
    Professordank24Professordank24 Registered Users 600 Posts
    Sorry to hear you feel like this but that honda nsx is just amazing in my point of view. Hopefully your opinion changes next week with next weeks turf car. Anyway goodluck to you and your team :)
  • Options
    And I completely know what you mean I only had one scion frs r spec and I already lost it haha but I guess what this is for is for people to develop their skills to a new level. I mean think about it you get a chance to pink cars that people wouldn't dream of pinking in regular lobbies. For example no one will use there rotana to pink in a normal lobby but in turf they will. It's pretty much this way for 2 reasons: to even the playing field(s class doesn't pink d class) and to improve player skills
  • Options
    Nice! I recently started all over in a new acc so I'm only 22 now
  • Options
    True. I mean you can try the unsupported trades/ sakes but that's at your own risk, but I know what you mean
  • Options
    ChevellesruleChevellesrule Registered Users 108 Posts
    Off Road Hemi is exactly right. I have both RWB and RSpec, but this turf is def geared towards the top 100teams, not the 4000 others! I've only been playing this game 2 months or so, turfing for 6-7 weeks, but it seems they become more and more exclusive. Trying to compete for decent prizes seems crazy expensive to me. I'm certainly not that experienced of a racer but I just wish 3 of the 4 days were not r class
  • Options
    Spoiler Line 175Spoiler Line 175 Registered Users 82 Posts
    Count me in with the agreement column. 16 days a month turfing and buying gems for boost/repair is ridiculous. Lower the prices or wait times. Man, give us a break. I know my days of playing this game are limited due to the excessive prices. Case in point, an entire black market exists because CIE charges too much for everything.

Maybe CIE wants to chase off the experienced players so new ones come in? Sure seems like it to me.
  • Options
    custom blur 227custom blur 227 Registered Users 126 Posts
    It does seem that the turfs are getting more specific and gearing towards the more expensive cars to upgrade and repair or even buy from the garage in the game, I don't think its fair hopefully it will change but I doubt it
  • Options
    ChevellesruleChevellesrule Registered Users 108 Posts
    The reg lobbies are full of scammers or 1672 Rclass cars trying to pinks Civic Si, Scion Tc. The turf war lobbies are full of guys trying to pink or buy points with 100k bets. I understand some guys can dominate at this game but its a very steep learning curve for turf wars. The r class specific days are pretty rough on someone who might have 3-4 R class cars, trying to justify a pinks race with a guy who has 400 cars in their garage. I'm willing to race based on my skill, but with the lag and glitches and non-working launch or nos buttons, there is a big disadvantage to the racers who are still learning the game like myself.
  • Options
    Rob96Rob96 Registered Users 1,070 Posts
    Haha Hemi I totally agree I never bought an r spec and I lost my RWBs not long ago. S class I have a few but repair costs are stupid, I'm also in top 100 team but it will be very hard to hit my min with the only 2 events I can do lol.
  • Options
    he1zen8erghe1zen8erg Registered Users 57 Posts
    The possibilities of why the turfs have gotten so exclusive lately have nothing to do with experience or any other smoke that gets blown. Cie or Glu, whatever, is a business. How do you increase revenue? selling gems, of course. Lately we've seen gem car exclusive events, R and S class events. They know people will be loading up on gems for these events. So if they lose money by people dealing on the black market they will regain a lot of it, if not more, by staging crazy events like these. They don't care about your experience as much as they do dollar signs.
  • Options
    protectmeauraprotectmeaura Registered Users 406 Posts
    I will say whoever gets their hands on the Acura NSX RR(should be quite a lot of you), fully mods it properly, and shifts it properly, will have possibly the fastest car in the game - priceless in my opinion. Good luck.
  • Options
    s13silviaguys13silviaguy Registered Users 408 Posts
    I'm loving it, my team has $ :)