Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Hackers got my friend for 160+ cars and counting

Gavc19Gavc19 Registered Users 202 Posts
Attention @Ryyst my friend is getting hacked as we speak and I guess autoban is off because he has lost 160+ quality cars and counting. Can anything be done !!!! His ign is super rocket 1301. He was def a paying customer buying gems every week. Can you please freeze this account? Look at it you will prob see the hundreds of cars lost in last 2 hours smh .

Comments

• Options
    It finally got banned after about 200 cars . @Ryyst what should he do to secure his account and gain control ?
  • Options
    SubaruGuySubaruGuy Registered Users 1,132 Posts
    ik how this is done and i have told them it was going to be used to steal accounts but ya and sadly this is really easy to do takes aroud 4 days for it to work tho
  • Options
    theres 3 ways to get on account and it must be on Facebook or gmail if its on game center u need the password and username or email
  • Options
    2 of the ways are highly agents the law the other way is just a really big flaw with the system
  • Options
    account got banned but he may still have access. I don't know all the details but I think GLU responded that there is nothing they can do for my friend. Unbelievable
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Gavc19 said:

account got banned but he may still have access. I don't know all the details but I think GLU responded that there is nothing they can do for my friend. Unbelievable

We don't have player's login info. Security of your FB, Google, Apple credentials are the sole responsibility of the account owner. So unfortunately, there isn't much we can do.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    So at this point what is his best option of getting his remaining cars secure and maybe transferred to a different account?
    @Ryyst
  • Options
    To secure the account, he would need to make sure his FB/Google/Game Center accounts are secure. Unfortunately CS does not have the ability to transfer cars from account to account. Hence it isn't a service they provide.

• Options
    Them ExclusiveThem Exclusive Registered Users 1,671 Posts
    @Ryyst Do you know what a hacker can do? , ... when a person gets there whole garage taken away , you guys assume , someone used there login ... I don't believe a persons login is the only way into the account . Do some more researching on your guys side. You guys are the one that need to help us with being secured. If someone else logs into our accounts from MILES away , that's a red alert. I stop playing this game because of seeing how hackers are winning , I had the rarest car in the game which was the TOP 1 Gold top fools Dragster ... and I had to sold in fear of being hacked for it. Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    We have. We've looked into possible ways of logging in without logging onto FB, GC or GP.

The only ways to get onto an account is to either...

A) BE on the device that created the account
    B) The device is logged onto the FB, Google Play or Game Center linked to the racer. The Game checks to see which is logged in.

Again. We can't secure your FB account. We can't secure your Google Account. We can't secure your Game Center account. We can't secure you phone. We don't have any login information besides your account nicknames. Those are all separate companies.

Unfortunately we cannot monitor "weird" logins. Nor is it feasible to investigate issues where cars may have lost intentionally. We are limited by our tools and staff. Full investigations take hours which would increase wait times for every one else for issues that are directly in the hands of the account owners which bring us to our policy in logins. The account owner is responsible for its security as we have no direct login system (On par with most mobile games) and the account owner is responsible for all activities on the account. As this game makes it possible to chat with players around the world, we are unable to tell without a doubt that account info hasn't been shared with other player. So we don't, all activity is the responsibility of the account owner.

We apologize we are unable to do more, however with the limitations we have, the CS department is unable to investigate these matters.

• Options
    Even with the banned account the scumbag logged in and was selling cars back to game . My friend just sold everything back to game and whittled his money away buying big and crushing cheap. Sad day.