Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Tie glitch

mopardwhmopardwh Registered Users 236 Posts
I've read a couple different scenarios about this, wondering if anyone can clarify. I have a borderline world record car, and every time I get .001 launch with boost, I get a tie glitch. And then the opponent starts accusing me of cheating. Which I don't understand, if I've clearly beaten them why would I do that lol. I have no idea how it even works.

Comments

• mopardwhmopardwh Registered Users 236 Posts
    Anyone else have this issue?
  • Lbhero34Lbhero34 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 38 Posts
    Which car and what lobby rating is it? Some cars run too fast for certain lobbies. It's stupid that it happens but it does. If you run too fast it will tie as the game thinks it's an invalid race.
  • shahidshahid Registered Users 3,173 Posts
    It Depends how fast u run and ur talking about 30 lobby ? @mopardwh
    Yes @Shahid see picture above.
  • kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    Lbhero34 said:

Which car and what lobby rating is it? Some cars run too fast for certain lobbies. It's stupid that it happens but it does. If you run too fast it will tie as the game thinks it's an invalid race.

But not in r class ;) **** cheap o
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    edited June 2016
    the eclipse is among a few cars that were built too good for turf lobbies, short of maxxed. A few others are the BMW M2/1 cars, the VW jetta, and i have seen DQ's from the safety BMW's (both M1 and M4). Matter of fact, i got a 1620 rated dead stock M1 safety car, that DQ's on boosted, turf verified build. I can even DQ a stock (even the tires) M2 as well. GLU needs to nerf the cars or lift the limit a little, so we can progress with them
    edited June 2016
    The tie glitch is happening way more often. I'm guessing more and more people are learning how to be d0uchebags. It's in regular lobby, so it's not because the time is too fast. I'm guessing they do this by switching to airplane mode?
  • killinemsoftlykillinemsoftly Registered Users 4,432 Posts
    You can tie the race if u turn off ur Internet connection and keep it off right after you accept the race. Keep it off for the 30 seconds the server gives both racers then it cancels the race resulting in a tie. You can't tie it if u try to do that during the race it will DQ you, so it's not a malicious way of tie-ing the race IMO.

edited June 2016
    How is it that, 7 out of 9 pinks races were "invalid race tie" that I should have won? @killinemsoftly
  • 2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    They do this hoping the opponent will foul
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• RR FLAMERR FLAME Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 113 Posts
    Wow
  • killinemsoftlykillinemsoftly Registered Users 4,432 Posts
    @mopardwh I didn't know there's a new tie method out there damn that sucks.