Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

The Ford Focus RS is now available in the Showroom!

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
Pleased to bring you the Ford Focus RS!

I know, some of you may be thinking? A Ford Focus? Yes, and no. It is a Ford Focus, but those two letters "R" and "S" add a lot to the game.

Gems again!!!! Yes, gems again. Remember, these cars aren't free for us. We do have to pay the car companies too. Also, this isn't a typical Ford Focus who's MSRP is like $18k. The MSRP on the RS is $36k, double the regular Focus. Good luck getting one for that price too. So yes, this costs gems.

I won't tell you about it, because who am I? Here are some articles written by people that know their stuff....

http://www.caranddriver.com/ford/focus-rs
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/focus/93280/new-ford-focus-rs-2016-uk-first-drive-review
http://autoweek.com/article/drive-reviews/we-drive-165-mph-ford-focus-rs
http://www.edmunds.com/ford/focus-rs/2016/review/

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Comments

• NASTYTHUGNASTYTHUG Registered Users 1,121 Posts
    can you at least fix the shifting on it...im pretty sure shifting in 5th gear in the real car don't rev and drop...at least my mazdaspeed3 don't and which would kill these in real life...we should bring the mazdaspeed 3 or called the evil M...to rr. Just my thought!
  • youlieyoulie Registered Users 3,798 Posts
    And why isn't it on sale lol
  • greenburnout303greenburnout303 Registered Users 1,975 Posts
    Yep last gear is broked
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    edited June 2016
    The shifting was actually accurate according to the actual car's specs and how the Ford Focus RS's gears work. Unfortunately we know realize for game purposes, it doesn't work. So we have now adjusted it to work for the game.

• JSE RacingJSE Racing Registered Users 1,573 Posts
    Ryyst can we get a weekly sign in bonus of gems for loyal players who are on daily? Or adjust repairs to whennturfneventsnare active all videos pay out 2 hour repairs during thursday through sunday? Or maybe an option to complete repairs for cash? Just some ideas for y'all to mull over.
  • Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    Hey Ryyst, i read your bread crumbs on the Top Fools thread about a mystery car that will be very rare. Any timelines? Can you spill, a little of the beans??? I really hope it is a car you can only get when you finish the game. There should be one that you receive at the end and you cant sell it, trade it or pink race it. its just a car of accomplishment. A car that when you hit the track everybody knows you're a game finisher. Please be a R class or higher. You could have a tournament just for that car. Anyway. Looking forward to the release. Thanks for the heads up. :p
  • 2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    Is there any accuracy to the current claim that first generation RS models purchased as FWD have a different gear ratio and are faster? Rumor has it they will all be updated equally?
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

2HIPSI said:

Is there any accuracy to the current claim that first generation RS models purchased as FWD have a different gear ratio and are faster? Rumor has it they will all be updated equally?

Yes. There were two different issues with the car. The first was AWD vs FWD. We've fixed that.

The second was with the gear ratios. The original gear ratios were set according to the car's actual specs. What we didn't realize was that the gear ratios for the RS were a bit different and game-wise wouldn't work correctly. So we fixed it. However, they were only fixed for newly purchased cars. Any cars sold before the fix retained the old gear ratios. Soon they will all have the fixed version.

• NASTYTHUGNASTYTHUG Registered Users 1,121 Posts
    lol...i bought six just yesterday and still have the issue...FYI
    NASTYTHUG said:

lol...i bought six just yesterday and still have the issue...FYI

You still have the issue where the 4th and fifth gear are... weird?

• youlieyoulie Registered Users 3,798 Posts
    I bought 5 yesterday without the issue
  • SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    I bought 2 and no issues
    NASTYTHUG said:

yes

What is your IGN?