Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Can be closed. Ty

nfacnfac Registered Users 977 Posts
edited July 2016 in Help!
If someone light lags you in pinks and you lose your car because of spin or whatever, can anything be done?
Youtube Channel: NotFooling AroundCrew
IGN: 2003g35Coupe

Tuned > Maxed

Legit since before I knew what it meant

Comments

• Options
    Racing WarriorRacing Warrior Registered Users 161 Posts
    No
  • Options
    I'm getting tired of the light laggers. Why should i pinks? and if i cant pinks why race? today I lost another car to a light lagger ign: The Austin Power

Tuned > Maxed

• Options
    kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    I just got laggy lighted and just missed the nos... Would have won for sure...
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• Options
    @Legandary_Launch sounds like you are calling me a bad driver and enabling cheaters. Keep up the good work bud

Tuned > Maxed

• Options
    Sometimes it's not too bad others the lights jump. Idc what @Legandary_Launch thinks. It's BS and cheating.

And for the record just because you got a countdown didn't mean you've been light lagged. I've gotten them transferring cars to myself from me. I'm talking lights stall and jump. Gl winning that.

Tuned > Maxed

• Options
    @kingpen126 hope you didn't lose anything to nice. Sorry bud

Tuned > Maxed

• Options
    @Legandary_Launch maybe I overreacted sorry, I did just lose some cars. Lol.

We are good friend

Tuned > Maxed

• Options
    kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    nfac said:

@kingpen126 hope you didn't lose anything to nice. Sorry bud

Just a maxed vett no biggie
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• Options
    DozerboyDozerboy Registered Users 213 Posts
    Never had a problem with people that Lag. Its part of the game you can hardly call it cheating.
  • Options
    smh @Dozerboy.

regretfully, it appears you're not alone in this opinion

Tuned > Maxed

• Options
    What do you expect them to do for people that have a slow/bad connection. There are times that run the clock out trying to accept a race or bet due to a bad connection. Or if Im not really paying attention/ busy and didnt notice I was challenged. Everyone always thinking they are being scammed or cheated when they lose in this game when most of the time its probably not the case.
  • Options
    DerangedMenaceDerangedMenace Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    edited June 2016
    when I go to race someone I automatically hold down the gas, when they lag "waiting for player", I wait until "ready to race, 3,2,1" and time my launch as usual and the lagger will almost always still lose.
    IGN's Alabama Menace
    256 M3NAC3
    Vouch Page
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://communities.glu.com/racing-rivals/discussion/5354646/derangedmenace-vouch-page-285#latest
  • Options
    lagger***
    IGN's Alabama Menace
    256 M3NAC3
    Vouch Page
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://communities.glu.com/racing-rivals/discussion/5354646/derangedmenace-vouch-page-285#latest
  • Options
    I'm not sure either of you have been legit light lagged. I've been in races against myself where I am transferring cars from account to account and gotten a countdown. That doesn't necessarily mean cheating. I'm taking about some scumbag doing whatever it is they do that makes the lights jump. There is no way to time it because it's not a predictable countdown.

Furthermore, the solution is simple. If there are connectivity issues before a pink race make it invalid.

Not connectivity issues during the race, because we know that people who are losing would just mess up the connection on purpose.

If we could make races with connectivity issues before the race actually starts invalid there'd be no advantage for the light lagging d bag.

Honestly, it irritates me when people defend cheaters. It makes me think that these people are also cheaters. You don't see many legit people jumping on here defending cheaters. You see cheaters defend cheaters. Just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong

Tuned > Maxed

• Options
    Your right that wasn't what I was talking about. That doesn't happen very often to me, so I just attribute it to poor programing of the game. With the problems this game has it shouldn't be a surprise that things like this would happen. I just know everyone is quick call out people as cheaters and hackers. I don;t think that is the case often. I have been called a cheater and I play this game for fun. I don't even take it seriously enough to Farm anymore let alone try and cheat.
  • Options
    RAINBHOWDASHRAINBHOWDASH Registered Users 71 Posts
    I suggested a fix for this before but it seems not to have panned out but glu couldndo what the creators of 2xl racing do and run each race seperately as time trial showing an analog car that will do an average time but in the end the only thing to trust is your skill this would also fix the desynch and make light lag impossible as each players race would being whenever their internet kicks in and he other would he waiting at the finish line to see the times then if they try to light lag it counts as a dnf and rip their car (to avoid the earlier issue of ppl with bad internet losing cars simply set the connection timeout duration to 15 or so seconds and anyone actually trying to race even eith bad internet will load up light laggers are greeted with a race they waste their time running then get a dnf
  • Options
    RAINBHOWDASHRAINBHOWDASH Registered Users 71 Posts
    But tbh i never pay attention to the race itself because its irrelevant what you see their car doing is merely what the server is trying to show but may not be accurate and as such should be disregarded and the only thing to pay attention to is the tachometer since any lag or drop in bandwith can easily tamper with what you see throwing you off this is proven as i have good internet and dont light lag but i step to a corner of my house in the middle of pinks and my car lurches back after the race says i win im called a hacker because people dont know that the server is kind of inaccurate and when i try to explain this too this im still called a hacker i ofc dont use this to get ppl overconfident i did this with a friend (and some lightlaggers >:) ) to prove a point what you see is not to be trusted
  • Options
    Bullshit, cause if you hold down the throttle as soon as you go into a race until it says "get ready to race in, 3,2,1," then let off the throttle on the specific light as usual, then 9/10 times you'll still win and get perfect launch. So don't give me that dumb shyt, I've been lagged a lot of fkn times.
    IGN's Alabama Menace
    256 M3NAC3
    Vouch Page
  • Options
    Don't believe me grab a 50 rated car and lag me, I bet I prove you wrong.
    IGN's Alabama Menace
    256 M3NAC3
    Vouch Page
  • Options
    Ign anybody Killa 187
    IGN's Alabama Menace
    256 M3NAC3
    Vouch Page
  • Options
    Lol.

The correct answer btw was given by racing warrior - nothing can be done about it at this time.

Tuned > Maxed

This discussion has been closed.