Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Self crushing is out of control

2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
Seriously how pathetic when the top 2 teams sit in a lobby and continuously crush their alternate account cars!!!! Then they admit to it in lobby chat.

Here you see Chief the leader of kings den self crushing cars from LUDLOW119 and Ludlow120 - amazingly both account were filled with 69 corvettes only

photo 9BA9CFE1-82ED-40B9-873E-30D1A5BD379B_zpsqrr8p6gz.jpg

Then we have IXI 3 IXI from kings den self crushing his own IXI thug life IXI and mad of boom, then his team mate Irie Love comes in to join the party and defend him and explain why they self crush. Amazingly both accounts had maxed stellas only

photo B234AC7C-E79B-4EA9-8119-285A42AA46FD_zpsdpjyxtv1.jpg
OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

Comments

• Options
    photo FF0A2D25-8265-4D06-94F5-659F0CCEB6B4_zpsh6irxavk.jpeg

photo 3DE0AFCD-EF0E-4D4A-90C6-3F849B601716_zpsexf3oeje.jpeg

• Options
    K1TSAL0TK1TSAL0T Registered Users 5,705 Posts
    Those people should be banned from turf just a suggestion
  • Options
    Admitting to self crushing because they "have to do what it takes to beat them" referring to dramonite

photo 5E0963FA-C077-4BBD-A97D-A590510761A8_zpsfm3ehgtr.jpeg

photo 3123EA19-3E07-4AC3-8CA4-E1374DFD868A_zpshgfxnnm2.jpeg

• Options
    This is all the same stuff that used to happen back in the day with chicken points

• Options
    They won't pink race a random racer but they sure will crush their own cars, pathetic

• Options
    traviss45traviss45 Registered Users 1,303 Posts
    this is bullshyt. each racer should personally be banned from turf.
    legit dealer, Trump sucks, IGN VIRUZ MODZ

• Options
    adeechiadeechi Registered Users 7,246 Posts
    it's their way of playing... if they want to spend a ton of rrc filling up accounts with tuned cars so be it. That's their way of playing imo and tbh the first place car's value is never worth the rrc or time they put into self-crushing. joke's on them
  • Options
    BTSRBTSR Registered Users 427 Posts
    These are the rich kids who spend tons of money for their cars. I've seen people bragging they spend thousands of real life dollars on this game, sometimes even per week. Glu loves these people.
  • Options
    Yea I get it, but in all reality these teams wouldn't be even close to the top if they raced legit like the remaining T25

• Options
    TheGangstaTheGangsta Registered Users 13,283 Posts
    adeechi said:

it's their way of playing... if they want to spend a ton of rrc filling up accounts with tuned cars so be it. That's their way of playing imo and tbh the first place car's value is never worth the rrc or time they put into self-crushing. joke's on them

the only way to fix self crush or aka the current **** up RR is make Racing Rival have seasons or ladders.
  • Options
    shalootshaloot Registered Users 48 Posts
    How would seasons or ladders help prevent this? I've been thinking that it would be difficult for Glu to combat self crushing without potential drawbacks. I'm not arguing with you, I'm just curious about your proposed solutions. I don't know what you mean seasons or ladders would do
  • Options
    RepresentingJDMRepresentingJDM Registered Users 3,888 Posts
    Don't wanna try and mix up any real info but didn't the t1 team in the smokey firebird event way back in the day get banned for self crushing? Why did CIE give a fxck and Glu doesn't for some reason?
    Oh wait, dat money tho :'(
  • Options
    shalootshaloot Registered Users 48 Posts
    null

Yea exactly RJDM - it's a money factory for them. Can't see why they would do anything to prevent self crushing as they have nothing to lose. Unless other teams got organized and boycotted the game or something. Which won't happen either.
  • Options
    So let's put this in perspective - 1st place team did 3.7 million points, divided by 20 members = 185k points per member!!!

Crushing a single maxed R class car achieved 1k points per crush, so basically each member crushed 185k cars?!?! Let's get real, turf has become a Fkin joke now. The top 2 teams this week should be stripped of prize car end of story

• Options
    RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    Unless they have some sort of hack to get the cars for free that is totally DUMB!
  • Options

Unless they have some sort of hack to get the cars for free that is totally DUMB!

They're rich and spend gems. This is where the thousands of dollars per week some braggarts, apparently spend.

It is all for ego-stroking. "I'm #1!!!" nothing else.
  • Options
    CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    Please.... Where do you think all the duplicated cars ended up going? On these guys main account?? Of coarse not. They ended up in hundreds of hold accounts for this purpose. Most of these guys arnt spending a penny. These were illegally obtained cars to begin with.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    We're working on improving matchmaking which will also make it harder for teams to "race" their own accounts. In other words, you won't be seeing the same racers week to week to week in your lobbies. Which would make it hard to "self-crush" since you'll never know where your accounts will wind up
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    edited July 2016
    Because they allow crushing for extra points. it's going to be exploited. Until GLU does something, there is nothing anyone can do. Much like piggybacking, right now. Was in a 20 lobby, every other car, but me, was an R class. I was in a B class M2. does the name custer mean anything to you? BTW, where are the F'ing bots?

BTW Ryyst, unless you changed something, you can't race your teammates, unless they use a sister team. How can you make that stop? If you set ally/ rival setup, all they have to do is set to rival. Nothing will change and the exploiters, will continue
  • Options
    C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Ryyst you had a fix to this when lobbies changed every event. Since the update to 5.0 it's the exact same racers week in and week out. Lobbies and opponents changed each and every event. I'm amazed at how little the devs know about their own game. You say your working on a fix but you already had one, lost it and didn't realize it
  • Options
    HaBadTractionHaBadTraction Registered Users 1,347 Posts
    How do they get so many of those cars ?
  • Options
    dulwhitedulwhite Registered Users 118 Posts
    This is GLU's intention. They know a lot of veterans who have too many cars need to get rid of them. So, they crush cars, even if it's their own, to get money out of the system. They get a fancy car for the several they crush-but the RRC and winnings are minimal otherwise. Why do you think turf cars are worth so much? The winners of the same cars are spending plenty to get them.

Let them self crush, they are overall complaining about the new system and they don't want to have to re-tune thier cars; they might be just giving a last stand before they quit and move to another game anyhow. Good riddance.
  • Options
    dulwhite said:

This is GLU's intention. They know a lot of veterans who have too many cars need to get rid of them. So, they crush cars, even if it's their own, to get money out of the system. They get a fancy car for the several they crush-but the RRC and winnings are minimal otherwise. Why do you think turf cars are worth so much? The winners of the same cars are spending plenty to get them.

Let them self crush, they are overall complaining about the new system and they don't want to have to re-tune thier cars; they might be just giving a last stand before they quit and move to another game anyhow. Good riddance.

That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read, I've been turfing since turf wars were created and being a senior member I don't get any special treatment I can assure you that

• Options
    I didn't say anybody got special treatment. The first place turf winners get a prize at the end of turf. So for the next few weeks it'll be single sided as things equalize. Hopefully.
  • Options
    CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    dulwhite said:

This is one of the dumbest things I have read also.... Not to mention the lack of respect for the "last stand veterans"... Lol man..They helped build the game your playing moron. How about good riddance to you new ignorant players , who dont have a clue about the time and dedication it has taken to get here, and continue to stay, even after continually being shit on.
  • Options
    Say what you will, if you think GLU hasn't anticipated this behavior, obviously you have been mentally double-crossing yourself. They have the cars, they crush the cars, they get points, and they win the turf event.
  • Options
    Crushing cars = $$$MORE MONEY FOR GLU$$$

Yeah, they clearly didn't think of this. /sarc