Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Ryyst Blog #3 - What have we done...

Comments

• dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @CHSJA that's when they do updates cause that's when most users are on bud.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    Its becoming difficult to justify spending money on this game at this point. Im not even having fun at the moment...All my RRC is gone, and maybe 30 cars have been retuned (maybe retuned correctly)...
  • dulwhitedulwhite Registered Users 118 Posts
    So in the real world, it's easier to remove a wrap than re-paint properly, the wrap literally peels off. Can't we have a feature to remove wraps from certain crate cars in order to personalize and customize them? M3, s2000, 350z, z28, GT, etc
  • Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    I like the new changes. Some of my Stella RWB 1664 rating have jumped to 1665 with exact same tune. Still working on figuring that out. One thing i noticed is some of my accounts have Turf war crates available for zero $ and the new Drivers Club option and some do not. I was unable to open the turf crate. The game restarts when you try. Thanks for the explanation. Much appreciated. Happy Friday :p
  • Sjustice02Sjustice02 Registered Users 37 Posts
    Yes, a few people are exploiting the ties, so basically the cheaters were rewarded with tie glitch again. I won several pink races in turf, only to get the dreaded, invalid race, tie. Thanks
  • 2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    Tie race for every pink race I've won, rediculous
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• rsxpwrrsxpwr Registered Users 59 Posts
    This tie glitch issue is a joke and Glu refuses to acknowledge it or even warn players about it, what a Joke this company is.
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Every problem they try to fix just creates 5 new problems... This is so ridiculous
  • FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    amol1990 said:

i just want 5 sets of each fpw. That's the least u can do for me.@rryst

What is fpw?
  • amol1990amol1990 Registered Users 121 Posts
    First place wheels lol
  • BTSRBTSR Registered Users 427 Posts
    edited July 2016
    "change is scary. "

Change is not scary if nobody got hurt from it. When people's tunes become worthless, that HURTS. When the value of a 600 car garage drops dramatically, that HURTS. When one used to rock and now can' hit the side of a barn instead, that HURTS.

When the people who fund your paycheck are HURT, DAMN SKIPPY they are scared of change!

"You are/were set in your ways."

Glu is a Silicon Valley company and is insular and out of touch just like Silicon Valley.
    When you do the equivalent of kneecapping someone and then they now cannot run the sprints they used to do, they are the ones set in their ways?

Wow. This is like Nelson Muntz saying "stop hitting yourself" while holding the victim's hand and using it to punch the victim.

Totally blaming the victim.

Here's a radical idea. Code things the first time around CORRECTLY. This means STOP cheaping out on QA people. And if you can't afford to actually do a proper SDLC then MOVE OUT OF SILICON VALLEY to where the real world is (in the USA) and hire people who aren't insular and out of touch. We have people who know how to develop software properly.

Hint: It involves actually testing the code properly.

When you pull a Microsoft and the end user has to report bugs to you (instead of a fully staffed QA team), this says YOU ARE CHEAPING OUT ON QA.

This is from Ryyst
    "
    The changes we made and will continue to make are meant to improve things for the good of the game. This latest change is mean to help us combat cheating. It was a necessary step, one of many, that will help us do that. Is it an all-encompassing cheat buster? No, not by itself. It’s a piece of a larger picture that will help the game be fair for all. I know, you can’t see it now, things still run like it does, but trust me, I know whats coming and and I know what we’re working towards and it definitely will help make racing more fair and more accurate so we better know who make be cheating or exploiting. Basically we want to end all the “I lost to X, no way that car can go that fast” and our replies of, “The time was within acceptable limits.” We know your frustrations with that, as are we. We’re just bound to our limitations."

Well with the tie glitch and exploits that are out because of your update and your changes, this really doesn't mean crap. You guys are so clueless and clearly don't test your coding or updates before you release them. The tie glitch was figured out 1 day after the update came out... Seriously 1 day... Exactly what have you done to improve the game? Lobbies are a wreck, tie glitch is out of control, boosts and gems have been lost and customer service doesn't respond to anyone, everyone's tunes are completely useless, changed car ratings and weights and destroyed any fun this game had left. But it's all been done for "improvements". Sorry but I don't see any improvements
  • shalootshaloot Registered Users 48 Posts
    When I first started playing this game I was absolutely lost because of no knowledge of the lobbies or lobby tuning. Glu would you please put some sort of tutorial or explanation of how the lobbies work in the game? I was persistant and with help from fellow players figured it out, and I'm trying to figure out new tunes now that you've changed the lobbies. But I don't know how we can grow this game more because if you don't provide the knowledge of exactly how the lobbies work and how to tune to them, new players will just get decimated and quit.

Also, just throwing it out there that I volunteer for beta testing. I've done QA for several implementations and would be happy to help here, God knows Glu needs it.
    CIE did beta testing

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

Why are some cars heavier now? What's up with the changes and not a word from Glu or Ryyst about it. Wtf is going on? Are they trying to kill this game? Also car delivery times have changed as well. What was once less than 24hrs to deliver is now 1 day and 13hrs. So many changes and not a single heads up. This is an absolute joke.
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    "In all honesty, I don’t think we knew that this would change things as much as it has. The changes to lobby placement and speed ratings was a byproduct of this change that was not foreseen. What we are taking away from this is that we can no longer make changes without investigating what exactly will change and how that may affect players. "

LOL!.... WTF? You did NO TESTING? Just five minutes playing one account in a sandbox and you would have spotted it.

You knew what it was going to do and you just figured that messing up everyone's tunes and making it impossible to test new ones in Multiplayer would have everyone clamouring to pay for the proposed Test Track or spend gems on instant instals during Turf.
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    dwdtuning said:

The change is what it is.n nothing we can do. I just want consistency. If one car changes they should all change. Seeing they are all same exact tune. You tell me it's fixed when clearly same exact cars and tunes came out and are holding different rates. Ima have to call bs

Again, you are assuming that all variables are the same per user per car. As we've been trying to explain almost since the beginning, it isn't. There are changing variables depending on the car and user. It's not cookie cutter. Now, it just so happens that the results of the system makes it "look" like it's all cut and paste. I'm sorry to say, it isn't.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

C y r u s said:

null

Who's we? Got a mouse in your pocket? And ryyst your post sums up nothing and doesn't answer any questions at all. What are the new ratings? Lobby limits, speed limits, lobby parameters etc... You screwed everyone with these changes, killed every tune in the game and ruined turf for so many racers and have offered up nothing in the way of answers. What a joke!!!! I'd prefer if you came out and said "**** you all, we don't give a **** about any of you" atleast that would have been more honest and answered more questions

Thats the point. We don't tell you, we never have told you. This game is about putting up your car against other's cars. You don't know what's under the hood of another person's car. That has been the intention this whole time. It's really only through all the races and players comparing notes that you all have "figured" out the lobbies.

You all can say we don't care, and that we do this just to "mess" with you all. I've said this time and time again. What do we gain from pissing off our customers? Do you think angry people will be prone to spend money on your product? No. From any standpoint, that doesn't make sense.

So what are we doing? We're constantly making improvements to the game. This was a necessary step. In the long run, this benefits everyone.

What I was trying to explain to everyone, is the world of Video Games. Most persistent games are always in a state of flux, and gamers have to adapt. You can take that for what it is or you can choose not to., That's up to you. Doesn't mean I'm lying or trying to pull one over on anyone.

Could we have handled this situation better? Absolutely. Will we try and be better at this in the future? Yes. Will we keep changing and improving the game. Yes. Will we always be right? Probably not, we're only human. Does this mean everyone will like the changes we make, probably not, you can't please everyone.

C y r u s said:

They want you to retune and gem install. Whatever makes them the most money is exactly what they are going to do. They don't care about what's best for the game or the racers. They care about the largest possible profit margins. If they cared about the game or racers we would have seen some of the basic changes that everyone has asked for. Such as being able to remove nos, not having to load a players garage to chat with them, not having to install parts in stages which really lags the garage and servers. Simple things that would really improve the game that so many have asked for. And do you know how many of those things have happened so far? 0 that's how many. Those don't bring profits that's why they haven't been done.

False

• Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    edited July 2016
    So ive noticed the video section is kinda in a freeze position so to speak. On my one account Tawny Donkey i went for over a day being unable to watch videos for free $$$ and gems. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it works fine. My other account rr tawny donkey did the same thing however when i reinstalled it it went back to a racer i had i think last year :'( So i cleared cache in app and tried again with the same result. :'( Went thru FB and installed from there. same result. :s I went thru the glu website to the help section and submitted a request to pair fb to my current racer. hopefully they will respond quickly. Funny thing is Im rocking a vaulted Corolla now instead of my K1. 6.6 et to 16.500 et LOL :p;)
    Ryyst said:
    Could we have handled this situation better? Absolutely. Will we try and be better at this in the future? Yes. Will we keep changing and improving the game. Yes. Will we always be right? Probably not, we're only human. Does this mean everyone will like the changes we make, probably not, you can't please everyone.

Your absolutely right. You can't please everyone but you sure can piss everyone off at the same time which is exactly what happened. The changes made are enormous. Lobbies are different, ratings don't match up from car to car and no way to test tunes unless it's in showdown or turf. 1649 cars get thrown into 1656 lobbies. 1655 cars go to 1663 lobbies. How is anyone supposed to tune cars with the wildly different variables for each car?

If this is a small glimpse of what the bigger picture maybe, I'm afraid that picture looks bleak. I understand games evolve, that's the nature of gaming. But to make such drastic changes all at once and basically run off a lot of your customers, not listen to what they are saying and move forward with a faulty product is absurd.
    Your not understanding what I'm saying. I have ten 63 s2k re's , exact same car, exact same tune. Half of them switched to 65, half if them stayed at 63. The ones at 63 are faster than they where before, just don't lobby correctly. The other five that switched are slow as F and don't lobby correctly. You keep telling me this is right. Lol your an idoit if you think that's right. Again 10 exactly the same tuned s2k re's, half switched, half didn't. Like I said before no problem to me. I'll just lobby jump and rape everything sitting in 63 lobby. Makes no difference to me what y'all do over there in Long Beach.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

You just said the variables change per user?? Lol so if i spend more $$$ than the next guy my car will be faster? How in the **** can the variables be different per user.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

And Ryyst you say the game is in flux and players have to adapt. I understand this but what you guys may not understand is so many loyal players do not want to spend the time and money to adapt. Read the threads, check in on Facebook, Many are refusing to. The way things are, you may have some who stick around and retune, many are not willing to. Your losing long time players in droves. The consumer has spoken over and over again and yet none of what they are saying is getting through to you guys. The game completely changed and all Glu has said was "learn to like it". I'm sorry but I, much like so many others, refuse to like it. It's a shotty product and all we get are excuses. Sorry but I'm not buying into the idea that this will make the game better. Don't see it at all, no one does.
  • MOTORHEAD71MOTORHEAD71 Registered Users 212 Posts
    Since Glu has to keep F'ing with $h!t, I'm loving the fact that all the tunes myself and my team had are now garbage! So how do we bring back the tunes that those of us had who aren't cheaters. On top of the fact if I go into a multiplayer lobby in my 56 Z28 guess where it puts me..........? In a 56 lobby, but come Turf time I get thrown into a 63 Lobby?!!!! WTF is with that?!!! How the h3ll are you even supposed to retune a car when you have no idea what's going to be accurate come Turf time? It's pretty $h!tty for those of us that can tune a car and actually stay in the lobby that it is rated for, are now being punished like the people who have to cheat to win. I guess that's what should be expected from a room full of tech geeks who have grown up in the "Everyone Gets A Trophy Society" and has no real idea about racing or even tuning a car. I used to think this was the greatest racing game going, not so much now! I'm real sick of Glu's Mickey Mouse Bull$h!t and all the lame weak a$$ excuses coming from the Admin on how the updates, versions, whatever are going to make things so great.

Meanwhile this past Turf I still seen, "Light Lagers" and "Tie Glitches." Bravo Glu you didn't fix $h!t and only managed to F over the honest and dedicated racers and great tuners on this game! Bravo!!
    I don't want to change the World,
    I just want to leave it colder

dwdtuning said:

The change is what it is.n nothing we can do. I just want consistency. If one car changes they should all change. Seeing they are all same exact tune. You tell me it's fixed when clearly same exact cars and tunes came out and are holding different rates. Ima have to call bs

Again, you are assuming that all variables are the same per user per car. As we've been trying to explain almost since the beginning, it isn't. There are changing variables depending on the car and user. It's not cookie cutter. Now, it just so happens that the results of the system makes it "look" like it's all cut and paste. I'm sorry to say, it isn't.
    Assuming the variable are the same per user---per car---???? WHAT? What the hell does that mean?
    @CHSJA means two different people with exact same car and tune can potentially have different results. Basically they have been fking us the whole time. I understand they change from car to car. That's nothing new. But person to person. That's absolutely bull shitt and should be the last ss I need to send my case to Google to get my few grand back.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

That has to be a typo... Their is no way the game would be fair... Ever... I could build the best possible tune for a car, drive it perfectly, and loose simply because of who I am??? WTF is that? If this is true, I will not play another second of this game. I will take my extra money I spend once a month, and invest in another game with at least a level playing field. I will also attempt to get every last penny Ive spent back...

dwdtuning said:

There are changing variables depending on the car and user..
    Wait,,....does it clearly say that?
  • MOTORHEAD71MOTORHEAD71 Registered Users 212 Posts
    This game has definitely lost its fun factor! I stop spending any money on it along time ago, for obvious reasons. Looks like after playing this for almost 3 years it will be time to install a game that doesn't suck a$$! Thanks Glu!!
    I don't want to change the World,
    I just want to leave it colder