Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Games should be fun. RR is no longer fun.

foppa99zulufoppa99zulu Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 36 Posts
Do the officers of this company truly understand how poor the user experience has been over the last few months?

How do you think consumers respond to a business selling a poor product and/or who also provides slow and often unvaluable customer support? I think the answer to this is fairly obvious. My time and money is valuable. At least to me it is. Over the course of several months your customers have been hacked, stolen from and glitched. We have lost substantial amounts of cars, money and gems. Game improvements touted to relieve many of our frustrations are now causing many more issues and further frustration. This frustration is turning into anger. Games should not do this to a person.

While demoralized from the aforementioned issues you decide to change the lobby rating system and force us to retune all of our cars without any warning or consideration/compensation for how much time and money this will cost us. The economy of this game is in desperate need of a fix. $100 for 1 mil RRC? That means that a fairly easily accessible campaign car such as an SRT Viper GTS-R would cost us about $100 to buy. That is ridiculous. RRC should be cheap. When I have the RRC to buy and tune cars I spend more on gems. It is to your benefit for us to have RRC.

You are driving away your customers. Legit racers are leaving the game in droves. Simply fixing a few bugs is no longer the only solution. I urge you to start offering concessions to your remaining customers. How can you compensate us for the large amount of cars and RRC that we have lost? How can you alleviate the enormous burden of re-tuning countless cars? You want us to continue playing and spending money on this game? Treat us better!
1. Fix the bugs, glitches.
2. Communicate better.
3. Lower the cost of RRC.
4. Offer a quantity discount on boost packages.
5. Take the garbage out of the shipyard crates. I'd actually buy crates then.
6. Make part upgrades free and instant while we try to recover for the lobby changes.
7. Boost should be free when racing bots to test tunes.
8. Make it very clear which lobby a car will fall into.
9. Fix the discrepancies between multiplayer and turf lobbies.

Here are some screenshots of legit races from only one stage of this past turf. How fun do you think this was? It wasn't.

I do not believe my opponent was the cause of these loses.

So many tie glitchers.

Comments

• deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    I have over 2 mill SC in RR and I have temporarily quit the game and started playing CSR 2 the app game recently. It's not the same but at least there are no huge known glitches. Perhaps since Glu isn't listening nor do they care enough to address and fix the problems. (Stop making excuses if you cannot contain them all then shut the game down for good) ign: cocoabiscuits
    not to mention the main reason I stopped playing recently is that just after the update huge problems in the game from tie invalid due to someone having traction launch at the start and I've heard all the way to simply an opponent downshifting during a race to cause tie invalid. That's just ridiculous. So long Glu. Too bad you can't fix your own game. I'd like to come back again but oh well. I might I might not now.
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    edited July 2016
    I'm one of those with over a million in street cred and I've enjoyed this game for a long time until the past few months. The time between the dc/grip hacks until 5.1 update, the game was enjoyable again. Lobbies weren't altered, hacks were gone, turf cars still had advantages, etc... But then 5.1 came out and ruined everything. I know they say this is a small part of the bigger picture but frankly if this is any indication of what that picture may be, the overall product doesn't stand a chance.

The game was running smooth and legit and then someone decided to shake things up and all we have seen is tie glitches return, gems and boosts disappear, cars lost, game freezes and so on. Exactly what has Glu offered up in the way of an apology, explanation or at the very least an aknowledgement to what's going on? I have yet to see any strides made to improve game play for the user. Someone should remind Glu that they work for the consumer not the other way around. Without us there is no Glu or Racing Rivals.

Feel free to check all of the Facebook pages and forums. The consumer is pissed and weren't given any warning at all. The changes made have ruined the game for so many people and now they are fed up. Does anyone at Glu realize the impact these changes have had on game play? The lobby shift was probably the single most devastating blow to this game. Now tuning is an absolute joke. I can tune a car to 1649 and still be put into 1656 lobbies. Also I have a few 1655 cars that land in 1663 lobbies.

Fed up doesn't begin to describe the feelings I have for this game and the devs, admins and customer service (which is non existent). After all of the posts on the forums, Facebook pages, help tab and emails to Glu themselves, we still have no answers, no explanations, nothing! That is a huge spit in the face to the consumer. Who, in their right mind, would think this is any way to treat its customers? What
    kind of company would do this and still expect to be in business? It's disappointing to say the least.

We are demanding answers and we haven't received a single one. This is unacceptable. I'd rather you came out and said "f&@k off" than to say absolutely nothing.

So here are some changes to the game that came without warning.
    1. Lobby parameters (that's a big one)
    2. Weights of some cars which throws off tuning
    3 delivery times of showroom cars.
    4. Maxed ratings on certain cars
    5. Showroom and turf lobby ratings no longer match multiplayer so tuning is almost impossible unless you gem install (which is exactly what Glu wants)
    6. Tie glitches which were supposedly fixed and yet they are still around
    And so on!!!

Oh and good luck tuning more than 1 car at a time cause your garage will almost freeze. It was a major problem before now it's a lot worse. How bout we stop with the in game additions and try to fix what's broken? The changes to the lobbies is probably the biggest problem with the game now. It is what's driving everyone away, myself included.

After all this we still have no answers. We still haven't had anyone address the concerns of those who drive your business. I'm sure you will see, over the next few turfs, just how much this has affected your business. Last weeks lower turf numbers were just a start.
  • SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    edited July 2016
    I'm currently testing CSR2 and honestly it's not that bad, yes you don't have the pink option, but the game is more enjoyable without people trying to take your hard earned cars.

Also so far CSR2 works like it's designed to with no major glitches
  • FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    edited July 2016
    edited July 2016

I'm currently testing CSR2 and honestly it's not that bad, yes you don't have the pink option, but the game is more enjoyable without people trying to take your hard earned cars.

Also so far CSR2 works like it's designed to with no major glitches

yup CSR 2 isn't bad at all
  • BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    Im getting ready to try csr2 i used to play the old version befor i came to this glitchy ass game
  • shalootshaloot Registered Users 48 Posts
    I can retune... But why the eff is a turf car not significantly faster in their respective lobbies anymore? What's the point of racing / pinking with a turf car now? There's almost no point in competing to win a turf car if they don't have benefits.
  • xxRollDeepxxxxRollDeepxx Registered Users 79 Posts
    I can hear @Ryyst saying to himself and people around him

Hey u guyyyyssssss ! Ph ph ph photoshop