Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Ryyst Blog #3 - What have we done...

13Next

Comments

• dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @MOTORHEAD71 their devs also can't write code. I believe they pick these guys up of Craigslist. No way any respectable tech company would allow one of their main games to be updated with out extensive beta testing
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    And to add insult to injury, vids to speed up delivery or speed up parts install aren't working... Wow this update is so awesome. I am so blown away at how a company could release such a faulty product and then have their admin sit back and defend it... If I worked for Glu I would be getting my resume in order and sending anywhere I could. No way they can keep going like this
  • MOTORHEAD71MOTORHEAD71 Registered Users 212 Posts
    edited July 2016
    @dwdtuning I'm no tech genius but even I know this smells like a big steamy pile of Bull $h!t

@Ryyst Anyone that knows anything about cars and racing knows that there is a set of rules/ requirements to follow for any class yet even though the cars are mostly identical in setup it still comes down to driver skill and tune/ build. Which this game DID have going for it. Even though I have the same tunes as others it doesn't mean I always win. Same goes for being at the track in real life; I have also lost my fair share there as well.

I don't want to change the World,
    I just want to leave it colder
  • deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    It just got to that point for me to call it quits for now. Since the update it is worse than the last update. Haven't played in a week. Picked up a new app game CSR 2. You guys should really check that out. Polished game. ign: cocoabiscuits
    Now that I've had some time to cool off and talk with my team mates...........

My team and I are tweaking our tunes. The few up coming Turfs might be a wash but we'll get it.
    I however still think its a Bull$h!t upgrade, and Glu is being run by Muppets!
  • AnonymousAnonymous Registered Users 3,837 Posts
    Everything is messed up....they are too many glitches to tune effectively.
    Sometimes a car would have a specific rating but if u go to check the parts it changes again.
    Why if two cars that have the same exact parts installed, same exact tune take you into two different lobbies?...I don't care what bs glu is trying to feed us it makes no sense and is a glitch on their part.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ac3sac3s Registered Users 1,186 Posts
    I was pissed at the change at first but really now the turf has changed and now there new teams gettin top 100 before it was the same teams every weekend, we all known who was the t100. t25, t5, t1but we just have to take the hit and learn the ropes if u can tune this shouldnt be to hard to figure out but i thinks its more fun and gives every 1 a equal shot to earn a car for turf and im just thinking how it was when i first started turfing it sux woundering how the **** there so fast and we are same rank even w boost but u grow with it just like we all gotta do again w the changes
    edited July 2016
    @Ac3s teams changed up cause

1. Alot of top racers are quiting don't and won't retune

2. Lobbies rotating again. Those mfers can't hit shitt without the self crush

3. So alot of other teams moved on in.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• amol1990amol1990 Registered Users 121 Posts
    @Ryyst. So I have same tune as @dwdtuning. But my car won't hit low 8.1. And his does. With same tune. How is that fair?
    @CHSJA it sure does! Another weak excuse that they can get away with since none of us understand what the h3ll it even means. And the Tambourine playing Monkey will just keep talking in circles and not really explain $h!t to anyone.
    My biggest question is........

Consistency is something @dwdtuning has mentioned a few times. So when the h3ll will tunes be consistent in all 3 lobbies, i.e. Multiplayer, Turf, and Showdown???? Or is a straight answer on that to much to ask for as well?
    edited July 2016
    Roush your right. It comes down to the willingness to take that risk. The problem with that is you can have 2 cars with the exact same tune, launched and shifted the exact same and one car will smoke the other. How is that fair? Ryyst said this levels the playing field but apparently he, like everyone else at Glu, hasn't played the game or he would see just how uneven the playing field actually is.

The reason new teams are getting into the top100 is because so many top racers have left or are leaving. So many gave up on this game because they took a fairly smooth game since the 5.0 update and destroyed it all with 5.1 and we still have no answers for any of the questions that have been asked. All we get is an admin talking in circles cause that's all admins are good for.
    What variable on earth could make two cars with the same exact parts tuned and installed, run differently.

I call BS!
    When 2 players race the only variable should be the skill of the players, same tune, same lobby it all comes down to who has the best skill of driving their car,knowledge of drop times and shift points.
    Obviously this is no longer the case on this game.
    In the real word put 2 of the same exact cars, with the same exact sports parts installed on a dyno they would show the same reading, won't they?
    So don't say cars with same tune have some bs variable which makes one faster or slower that's a poor excuse for a GLITCH that needs to be properly explained by @Ryyst
  • CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    edited July 2016
    Yet another bug found.. Inventory slots are all jacked up. Blue prints wont stack on top of previous blueprints. You must have open slots or they go into overflow. Then you have to buy more slots with gems. Then when you buy more slots, the overflow blue prints magically stack, and your left with 5 open slots... WTF... Thats bull too....
    So I now noticed this, making some purchases off a friend.

I gave him 4 cars, 2 were 56, a 45, and 63 - in my garage. I haven't messed with the tunes so this was all from the previous (or pre F'd up) version. He told me that at the race/ stats recap they showed 1 thing and in his garage they showed another, (I didn't ask what the exact #'s were). When they came back to my garage, 1 still shows 56, 1 is 57, a 46, and 65........... smdh :/
    Well this is pretty sweet isn't it? Right at the moment everyone decides to go ahead and retune EVERY single car in their garage, what do you guys do??? Take away racer showdown.... .. WTF.... How are we supposed to tune now?? Wait till next turf and scramble like idiots trying to retune cars at the last possible second.... Now I cant even accomplish anything during down time between turfs..So tired at this point.
  • JrK WsTJrK WsT Registered Users 0 Posts
    I have lost my account trying to kick a piece of shitt from my team ! I was logged in with Google , reinstalled the game and guess what , can't load my profile,game send me to start from beginning even if I was logged before uninstalling the game...and that shitt claimed with zero point only because this upgrade sucks! Glu don't respond to me...that shit claimed...is that fair glu ? Sincerely...
    Yip same here @JrK WsT when I click on their profile another player shows up
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    edited July 2016
    Sums up RR at the moment...

https://youtu.be/OGSQv9P1uLE?t=7s
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

Cyrus, believe me, I agree with you. I also see anther side of the coin, and that being that if folks are willing to be patient, i.e wait on installs, versus the "I have to have it now" approach, retuning won't cost anything other than time, provided folks are detuning cars. (If you upgrade the car, well then yes that will cost RRC in addition to time). Granted, those that have large garages will spend a hell of a lot of time waiting on installs and server lag (if it's related) will be really bad, but...it won't cost gems if folks don't want it to.

Time will tell where Glu's interests are...be it profit, or with it's life blood, the players of it's games (and their money). Granted, in line with your comment - their track record so far can be taken as being all about profit (bear in mind they are a business, after all), and I doubt it'll change...but one can hope, even if all hope is lost.

It's both.

We've seen some of our games die. IN reality, most mobile games don't last very long, Racing Rivals has, and we intend on keeping it that way for as long as we can. That means yes, we need to make money, this isn't free to maintain. Employees don't get pain in RRC. Rent needs to be paid, Server costs, Office costs. This is a business and as much as a lot of players think we're greedy for charging for stuff. Keep in mind, the game itself is free. Everything you can get from paying can be obtained without paying anything to Racing Rivals. That's the beauty of this game. You can choose to never pay anything and still play. Yes, it means a lot of patience and grinding, but it can be done.

So yes, this means selling premium items at premium game prices. This means top end cars will cost gems. However, with perseverance you can attain the gems needed for all of that, it just takes time. For those who don't want to wait, you can pay with real world cash. The option is there for everyone.

However ,and I've said this before, we (Glu) are here because we want to make games. You don't get into the Video Game industry for job security and high salaries. Like most companies, the "normal" employees don't make as much as the high cats and like most companies, the majority of employees are "normies". So most of us aren't driven by money, but by the passion to make a game, and make a game on a relatively new platform compared to PCs and Consoles. A platform that consists of 1000s of different devices played in 1000s of different locations, all constantly on the move, from 1000s of different ISPs, and we do the best we can. We've succeeded where very few games haven't, we've stuck around. However, we also know the video game world. Things need to change, things need to not become stagnant, things need to evolve. It's what happens.

I know it doesn't look like it, and despite popular vocal belief we aren't here to punch you all in the face. Yes we are making changes. Yes, these changes will help everyone in the long run, no we will not be changing "it back". Will we try and be more aware of how small changes might affect the player base, yes How?

My plan is to release a patch notes, before we do a major update which should contain changes made and fixes implemented. Currently I'm working with the dev team to make that something I can provide to the players.

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    CHSJA said:

dwdtuning said:

The change is what it is.n nothing we can do. I just want consistency. If one car changes they should all change. Seeing they are all same exact tune. You tell me it's fixed when clearly same exact cars and tunes came out and are holding different rates. Ima have to call bs

Again, you are assuming that all variables are the same per user per car. As we've been trying to explain almost since the beginning, it isn't. There are changing variables depending on the car and user. It's not cookie cutter. Now, it just so happens that the results of the system makes it "look" like it's all cut and paste. I'm sorry to say, it isn't.
    Assuming the variable are the same per user---per car---???? WHAT? What the hell does that mean?
    It means there are other variables besides just making a car and tuning it.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

After Ryyst's last 2 posts I'm done... Once again not one question has been answered. Just a whole bunch of talking in circles. Not one address about so many of the bugs and issues affecting the game, players or teams. The business model of this company is an absolute joke. You answer questions just like politicians do. You dance around the questions and give up 0 info. this company is doomed to fail and I don't mean just this game.
    Lol other variables besides tuning and driving. You sir are a complete idiot. Like ive said so many times before. And let's not act like your faulty dev team made RR. No no, y'all bought RR. Atleast CIE had devs that understood what's racing was about. How bout less sparkly paint and a more consistent lobbies. Like a multiplayer, showdown, and turf lobby that match up. O wait, what showdown? :D pathetic

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

CHSJA said:

dwdtuning said:

The change is what it is.n nothing we can do. I just want consistency. If one car changes they should all change. Seeing they are all same exact tune. You tell me it's fixed when clearly same exact cars and tunes came out and are holding different rates. Ima have to call bs

Again, you are assuming that all variables are the same per user per car. As we've been trying to explain almost since the beginning, it isn't. There are changing variables depending on the car and user. It's not cookie cutter. Now, it just so happens that the results of the system makes it "look" like it's all cut and paste. I'm sorry to say, it isn't.
    Assuming the variable are the same per user---per car---???? WHAT? What the hell does that mean?
    It means there are other variables besides just making a car and tuning it.
    @Ryyst Can you please just answer, are the "other variable's" you refer too driver skill?? Yes or No? I think it would really help with a lot of the anger and miss understanding from the community.
    @CHSJA say "multiple variables" is like your gf saying maybe for some road head. We all know it's a lie lol

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

@CHSJA luck dog you

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• BTSRBTSR Registered Users 427 Posts

"In all honesty, I don’t think we knew that this would change things as much as it has. The changes to lobby placement and speed ratings was a byproduct of this change that was not foreseen. What we are taking away from this is that we can no longer make changes without investigating what exactly will change and how that may affect players. "

LOL!.... WTF? You did NO TESTING? Just five minutes playing one account in a sandbox and you would have spotted it.

Clearly Glu does not have a QA team.
    @Prince_CM regarding your now worthless tunes

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆