Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Just a little disappointed

g4h_nosferatug4h_nosferatu Registered Users 5,727 Posts
Just need to vent....I've been on Retirement H0me team for about 5 weeks....put up well over minimum each week ...last week when lobbies got messed up I was only able to put up 15k of the 17k minimum...at the end of turf I was told that I had to give up the car...which I did :( Now if I'm wrong for thinking this is BS plz feel free to comment but in all honesty I feel that the team should have let me keep the car being they know can do 25k....all have seen it....I'm no slacker when it comes to turf. Anyways....just needed that off my chest....still a great group of guys just shady in that aspect.

P.S. Hitman dit offer to let me keep car for 5 mil rrc....smh....so for 15k in points I got to claim 1 bronze crate and 75 gems

Comments

• Options
    BTSRBTSR Registered Users 427 Posts
    Or you can join my team instead :)
  • Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    edited July 2016
    Minimum is the minimum, now if you and team captain had an understanding prior to running you wouldnt get min, then you always get car. But most teams require foriture. Atleast they did ask you instead of booting you.. they did offer it cheap as F also brotha
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Options
    I hear ya @dwdtuning

It wasn't even team leader that told me...was co-leader....maybe my dumbass should've asked leader first...oh well....no harm , no foul....not bashing team....great guys all around
  • Options
    DerangedMenaceDerangedMenace Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    @g4h_nosferatu you can join T O P E N D 2 bro, just send a request
    IGN's Alabama Menace
    256 M3NAC3
    Vouch Page
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://communities.glu.com/racing-rivals/discussion/5354646/derangedmenace-vouch-page-285#latest
  • Options
    Nah....I think I'm done @DerangedMenace
  • Options
    adeechiadeechi Registered Users 7,246 Posts
    edited July 2016
    @g4h_nosferatu it's quite a normal tradition man, if any member does not get min they give up car. I've seen it on teams with coleaders, elites, members, etc. Just how it works and I see nothing wrong in it. If you thought halfway through turf min wasn't doable you should've dropped
  • Options
    adeechiadeechi Registered Users 7,246 Posts
    Other teams have votes on whether they want to let the guys keep the cars or not
  • Options
    Oh its cool @adeechi

I gave up the car before left team

Just figured we weren't hurting at 67 position and I've done well over minimum in past...guess I just figured there would be a little leniency for past turf scores over min

And I'll restate again....I'm not team bashing...great guys to race with
  • Options
    And as for dropping out....I tried...they said stay and do what u can.... we'll worry about claims later
  • Options
    xxRollDeepxxxxRollDeepxx Registered Users 79 Posts
    That's bullshyt - talk about use and abuse

Obviously some people are just greedy and its just a game , for 2k they lose a good racer and a friend for a car that sells 8m