Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

5.1 Issues and reports

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
edited July 2016 in Help!
Hey all,

5.1. is now live and we've added some new features and background improvements. With any major release, problems arise as it is difficult to troubleshoot a game that can be played on 1000s of different devices from 1000s of different places under 1000s of different circumstances.

So far, this is what we have come across.

*Note - The Speed Rating and Lobby changes aren't technically issues, but a necessary change to the game. You can read about it here: http://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/5350501/ryyst-blog-3-what-have-we-done

If you are experiencing an issue that is not account related OR not listed here, please reply and include as much info as possible.

ISSUES

Team Management - Reproduced - Working on solution

Starter Pack Purchases - Working on implementing a solution

Unable to log into the game (Starter Pack endless loop) - Investigating

Betting Options - Reproduced - Working on solution

All cars have same stats in Racer Club screen - Will be addressed in next RC iteration

Exploit with boosts - Investigating

0.000 Results - Fix in testing

Missing Turf Rewards - Fixed Live

Downshifting causing a race result issue - Fixed Live

Dual Conversion Glitch - Fixed Live

Starter Pack unavailability - Fixed Live

AMC Javelin – Missing Blower- Fixed Live

Missing Boosts - Fixed Live

Unable to log into the game (endless Ferrari loop) - Fixed Live

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev1

Comments

• warcry16os7warcry16os7 Registered Users 52 Posts
    edited July 2016
    I've got a report. People are intentionally not updating their games to stay faster in lobbies. People like this are cheating to win pinks in turf wars. I want my wwe z28 returned.

https://imgur.com/aywIktN
  • dulwhitedulwhite Registered Users 118 Posts
    edited July 2016
    In the new release, on android client, the engine idle audio when waiting for the tree to count down, the audio has been popping in 4-5 second intervals.
    Downshifting racer makes tie.
    Can't bet $100 or $500, even though it shows the options. When I tap bet it doesn't place the bet. I can only go $1000 or higher.
    When changing cars in garage, the buttons for upgrade, maintenance, and customize don't fully show and can not be tapped
    Occasionally when using my first car in the garage it locks the garage to that car and can not be changed without force-closing the app.
  • Johnmar3Johnmar3 Registered Users 3 Posts
    When trying to Bet for money on android tablet I can only bet 1K or more. Won't allow me to bet $100 or $500
  • Mazdamike840Mazdamike840 Registered Users 15 Posts
    edited July 2016
    After fouling a pinks race in multiplayer this morning the game crashed and when restarted it gets stuck at step 5 this was at 3-4 am and is now 6:49 pm and still stuck ign bracket racing
    imagephoto image.png" alt="" />
  • Racing WarriorRacing Warrior Registered Users 161 Posts
    These guys are falsely implicating glu and trying to get their money back that was spent on gems, and this is being done through forums. Even your so called "UTS Mods" are doing it. Shouldn't you be doing something about it?

https://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/5350586/for-those-quitting-apple-is-giving-refunds
    edited July 2016
    Clear screenshots showing 2 of your 3 UTS Mods "shtoobie" and "hexxum001" trying to get money back by falsely implicating Glu.

edited July 2016
    Shouldn't these guys have their game and forum accounts banned for doing this? I have seen these guys selling multiple cars for PayPal. If glu doesn't deserve the money, these guys don't deserve the cars either and neither the "PayPal cash" that they made by selling those "cars"
    Racingi hope you're not referring to me racing warrior. All I want is my account to get past resolving races.what ever the situation with the game is I'm sure it's gonna be fixed and is not broken but good about to be better. I have no intent to sell off my garage or hit up apple for money spent. I have heard of what your talking about but am just stuck waiting for them to either get to my ticket or fix the problem at hand. Thank you
    Not you @Mazdamike840. I am referring to those jerks who bought gems, used it to buy game cars and sold those cars for PayPal and are now trying to get money back. This is no different than thieving, keeping someone's goods and asking for money back.
    edited July 2016
    The UTS Mods are supposed to support game staff and they are in fact the ones pushing people to file chargeback by doing it themselves. That thread should have been closed long while back but these ridiculous idiots are infact backstabbing a game that gave them mod powers by doing shyt themselves.
    Oh ok. Well if uts mod would help me load past stage 5 then I'd love to have it otherwise not. I just want my acct to Load but I guess the fastest way is to be patient.
  • TefaitealosTefaitealos Registered Users 1,879 Posts
    - Unable to log into the game (endless loop) - We hope to have this resolved shortly,,
    Yes please, I can't play since last week. Problem start because I updated manually the game in appstore (Iphone 6)

Other than that,
    -If you want to see video to save time in repair, if the video is not available you need to kill the game to return to normal.(Ipadmini4)
    -If you want to upgrade a car, sometime the Upgrade Logo disappear, need to reload twice
  • deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    I started playing the app game CSR 2. right now it's better than RR. That'll do.
  • EmoMatos50EmoMatos50 Registered Users 44 Posts
    Cars drop are different than before, some cars are running faster and some are running slower. Fix this please
    Thank you for getting my account past step 5 and back to normal.
  • kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts

Shouldn't these guys have their game and forum accounts banned for doing this? I have seen these guys selling multiple cars for PayPal. If glu doesn't deserve the money, these guys don't deserve the cars either and neither the "PayPal cash" that they made by selling those "cars"

Clearly new to the game lol you haven't seen what we have.. I guess
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• RMENTSRMENTS Registered Users 20 Posts
    There is a mismatch between multiplayer lobby ratings and Turf War/Showdown lobby ratings. A car that is at the top of the 1656 multiplayer lobby gets placed in the 1663 Turf War/Showdown lobby. This issue makes lobby tuning possible only during turf wars or showdowns. Is GLU working on this Issue?
  • AMPEAZYAMPEAZY Registered Users 5 Posts
    What is going on with this Black screen after login? It wont show my garage and wont allow me to race in any lobby other than drivers challenge. A constant error message is all i get when trying to join a lobby that says "must restart to perform this action" then when it does restart...same thing. Wtf??
  • DuvernayDuvernay Registered Users 24 Posts
    What is going on with the issue of not being able to promote nor kick drivers from team? Not all drivers are accessible. Can/will this be fixed at some point?
  • deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    In game chat for me is no longer working. I cannot receive anything anyone messages me in private chat. Please fix!! just started happening few days ago where I thought people were ignoring me. I was made aware in race lobby where ppl chat in there that my PM is broken. ign: cocoabiscuits
  • ezjoker81ezjoker81 Registered Users 5 Posts

After fouling a pinks race in multiplayer this morning the game crashed and when restarted it gets stuck at step 5 this was at 3-4 am and is now 6:49 pm and still stuck ign bracket racing
    imagephoto image.png" alt="" />

Yeah I'm having the same problem and it's been 2 days it won't let me back into the game I raced on a tournament and won, but the last race says it's still loading and it's been 2 days. I got 33 cars and I dnt want to lose them so can someone please help
  • ezjoker81ezjoker81 Registered Users 5 Posts

Hey all,

5.1. is now live and we've added some new features and background improvements. With any major release, problems arise as it is difficult to troubleshoot a game that can be played on 1000s of different devices from 1000s of different places under 1000s of different circumstances.

So far, this is what we have come across.

*Note - The Speed Rating and Lobby changes aren't technically issues, but a necessary change to the game. You can read about it here: http://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/5350501/ryyst-blog-3-what-have-we-done

If you are experiencing an issue that is not account related OR not listed here, please reply and include as much info as possible.

ISSUES

Team Management - Reproduced - Working on solution

Starter Pack Purchases - Working on implementing a solution

Unable to log into the game (Starter Pack endless loop) - Investigating

Betting Options - Reproduced - Working on solution

All cars have same stats in Racer Club screen - Will be addressed in next RC iteration

Exploit with boosts - Investigating

0.000 Results - Fix in testing

Missing Turf Rewards - Fixed Live

Downshifting causing a race result issue - Fixed Live

Dual Conversion Glitch - Fixed Live

Starter Pack unavailability - Fixed Live

AMC Javelin – Missing Blower- Fixed Live

Missing Boosts - Fixed Live

Unable to log into the game (endless Ferrari loop) - Fixed Live

I can't get back to racing on the game. It says that the race results is loading and it been like this for 2 day I want to play the game but I don't want to lose my 33 cars I have just because I might have to reinstall the game is there any help with this
  • Joe$Joe$ Registered Users 13 Posts
    I keep getting a error 404 on my kindle fire and the game won't load. It worked yesterday 19 August and not working today 20 August.

It's a kindle fire version 6 uptodate OS and app
  • goldensunshinegoldensunshine Registered Users 54 Posts
    loving this update
  • zoeynloganzoeynlogan Registered Users 1 Posts
    I always have enough money when I go to upgrade my engine, then when I click on upgrade it says I don't and makes me reset it then I lose all my money. Has happened 5 times already!!!

Racing name: Zoeynlogan
    Ever since the racer showdown event the race track worlds have gone dark. Like completely black except for the trees. My battery life is worse, and Sometimes can't even connect to the lobby to race. Android OS. Please fix this GLU.
    There is something amiss lately. Some people are modifying racer's ability to boost or moving an engine part to stock or removing boost or something.
  • deadpoolecdeadpoolec Registered Users 1 Posts
    Ok so im on android and my main issue is your special offers take a week or so to even go through I think we all deserve compensations for this i really need my gems for my cars and to fixem up when their engine gets damaged may i suggest better options for special offers and more gem drops it seems like one every 2 months but i think it should be one every week or 2
    edited October 2016
    ">Clicked on the recent cuts-v prize car and get an error loading car (212) and shows restart button and reloads and same error. Please fix it or just simply remove the car from my acct
  • SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    edited October 2016
    Instead of dealing with all the issues Glu puts us through, I have moved my time, efforts and founds to another game, that game is more solid, no downtime, or silly issues like we experience here in RR.

I used to spend 90 % of my total video gaming in RR, not anymore, maybe 10-20 % is RR.

Glu doesn't seem to care to make a rock solid game, they just want our money via Gems

Just wait and see the GONSHOW 6.0 will become

And yes you can get refunds from google, as long if it's not over 100 bucks. Just say the product was defective and you will get a refund
This discussion has been closed.