Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Ryyst's Blog #4 - Free gems and a Car

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
Hey Racers,

Just wanted to chime in real quick here. I’ve talked about this before. You’re pissed. We know. Things are going wonky. We know. Everyone likes to say that we are greedy (expletive) and that we don’t care and we never listen and we don’t care. I’ve explained as much as I could that that is simply not the case. At this point, you can believe what you want. Believe me or not, its fine.
I have always said that I won’t lie to you all, I’ll be vague, yes, but I won’t like. Truth is, we do care. The truth is we would like nothing more to have all our improvements and changes work like gangbusters upon release. We’d like that very much. It just isn’t practical to expect that. From the biggest company to our small studio. Software will for the most part will always have issues. There is no amount of testing that can account for everything.

But I’ve said that before. So again, either you will take that as the truth, or believe what you want.

Since 5.1 released we’ve had issues. One after the other. We know. We hate it. We’re pissed at ourselves about it. We’ve worked hard for the past few weeks trying to resolve them. We have. Some take longer than others. These things aren’t as simple as it seems. There is no “fix all” button. You can read about the process here (http://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/1254817/for-reference-the-bug-report-process) .

We know we’ve not made it easy on all of you, and as a token of our appreciation, we’re giving everyone 1000 gems and a Season 2 Turf Cobra Jet. Will that make up for everything? No, but its something we can do. Why did it take this long? Simple. We’d like to fix things and get the game stable again before we consider giving things out. We don’t see the point in giving something like that out, when the game is unplayable for players. We’d rather wait until things settle, so people can enjoy what it is we give out.

There are more changes coming. I assure you it’s all for the good of the game. When we’re ready I’ll be telling you what we have in store. Until then, please enjoy the gifts we have to offer.

Update 5.2 should be live for Android, with Apple following soon afterwards. This includes more bug fixes such as the fix for the Team Management issues.

To receive the gifts your account needed to have been created before the 27th (creating on the 27th doesn't count). Simply force quit the game and restart.

Be sure to sort your garage by latest acquired.

- Ryyst

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev1

Comments

• 2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    Ryyst I just wanna say, I know you guys can't make everyone happy however I feel this was a more than gracious gesture. If people put into perspective the price of 1000 gems and a free prize car they should be thankful.

Thanks again!

2hipsi - Jayson
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    edited July 2016
    ^ how many gems you spend on 1 car trying to retune to turf before you gave up @2HIPSI ? Over 100 on one car. 1k gems is not even 1% of the time , $$$ and gems spent retuning our cars. Keeps your *flowery* hand outs. Fix the game. Point blank
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • MONSTERMANMONSTERMAN Registered Users 276 Posts
    Thank you
    Ok big chief. I see you ;) . It's a start. Ty

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    Well I was about to lose hope after I couldn't join lobbys or chat with anyone but a turf cobra and 1k gems will shut me up for awail :D
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for the update Ryyst. I hope to use those gems and cobra when cs syncs my account. Submitted help ticket July 11th. Still nothing. :s :'( :s ign rr tawny donkey
  • BilleniumBillenium Registered Users 4,260 Posts
    Thanks
    Ign billenium Team Wo Throttle level 250 600,000 plus street cred don't get scammed
  • Fueled_RacingFueled_Racing Registered Users 579 Posts
    Now all we need is chats system fixed
  • DuvernayDuvernay Registered Users 24 Posts
    edited July 2016
    Thank you for my free stuff. I thought that was really cool and it caught me totally off guard: "Hey, where did those gems come from? Does that say '1000?'" Then, later on, I'm sorting my garage by latest acquired to sell off a couple of rides, and "...wtf is this?! Does that say 'Cobra Jet?' Holy sh*t. I need to check out the forum."

Thank you, again, for such a kind and thoughtful gesture. Cool stuff, y'all.

Duvernay
  • ripcurlwm1234ripcurlwm1234 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Those 1000 gems and the Jet cobra does not replace all my cars that were maxed and turf tunned. After i spend loads of hours and my wife messing my brain because of all those hours, my acont simply disaper???? This is not fair. What about People that spend real money im this game? This could BE consider a scam.
  • kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    edited August 2016
    Thanks for the gift you have brought 43 jets to my garage and meny a noobs to win them off of
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• ac3sac3s Registered Users 1,186 Posts
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for the jet and 1,000 gems and fixing the game i like it more now then before before u always knew who the top teams were and what tunes to run for the cars now it all new aspect and the turf grounds have become equal to all racer and brought a new aspect to the game that i really didnt use much (tuning ) but im getting it down and still in top 100 and claiming a car each week thanks
  • DucttapeDucttape Registered Users 3 Posts
    i for one really appreciated the 1000 gems and car.. i do hate the token advertisement people do not always pay not your deal i understand. i like the vids you provide without them i couldnt afford to play the game .. my 2 cents worth.
  • Pirate101Pirate101 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Thank for the Gems. I am a big spender and appreciate your offer.

just need to change my name have 5 hours...

• jepordy908RRjepordy908RR Registered Users 1,046 Posts
    Thanks for expanding my garage 13 cars :)
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I͟g͟n͟s͟: IXI PENGUIN IXI
    TWIN TURBO R32
    SUBARU CENTEAL

ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ
  • 2thpic2thpic Registered Users 188 Posts
    supper happy on this. did not expect this and it was great.
    ((((spread the love))))

• BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    Thanks for the cobra and the gems ive been here a loooong time since they gave away the ford gtr and the bmw gt3 for some screw ups its a nice gesture
  • SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    Thanks for the free car and the gems, much appreciated
  • MELODYLOGAN2MELODYLOGAN2 Registered Users 525 Posts
    Thanks I'm enjoying the gems an car already thanks again ; )
  • DrifterMikeyDrifterMikey Registered Users 504 Posts

Hey Racers,

Just wanted to chime in real quick here. I’ve talked about this before. You’re pissed. We know. Things are going wonky. We know. Everyone likes to say that we are greedy (expletive) and that we don’t care and we never listen and we don’t care. I’ve explained as much as I could that that is simply not the case. At this point, you can believe what you want. Believe me or not, its fine.
    I have always said that I won’t lie to you all, I’ll be vague, yes, but I won’t like. Truth is, we do care. The truth is we would like nothing more to have all our improvements and changes work like gangbusters upon release. We’d like that very much. It just isn’t practical to expect that. From the biggest company to our small studio. Software will for the most part will always have issues. There is no amount of testing that can account for everything.

But I’ve said that before. So again, either you will take that as the truth, or believe what you want.

Since 5.1 released we’ve had issues. One after the other. We know. We hate it. We’re pissed at ourselves about it. We’ve worked hard for the past few weeks trying to resolve them. We have. Some take longer than others. These things aren’t as simple as it seems. There is no “fix all” button. You can read about the process here (http://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/1254817/for-reference-the-bug-report-process) .

We know we’ve not made it easy on all of you, and as a token of our appreciation, we’re giving everyone 1000 gems and a Season 2 Turf Cobra Jet. Will that make up for everything? No, but its something we can do. Why did it take this long? Simple. We’d like to fix things and get the game stable again before we consider giving things out. We don’t see the point in giving something like that out, when the game is unplayable for players. We’d rather wait until things settle, so people can enjoy what it is we give out.

There are more changes coming. I assure you it’s all for the good of the game. When we’re ready I’ll be telling you what we have in store. Until then, please enjoy the gifts we have to offer.

Update 5.2 should be live for Android, with Apple following soon afterwards. This includes more bug fixes such as the fix for the Team Management issues.

To receive the gifts your account needed to have been created before the 27th (creating on the 27th doesn't count). Simply force quit the game and restart.

Be sure to sort your garage by latest acquired.

- Ryyst

say what ryyst just said a bad word ayyy shhh dude now we friends
    Ign Drifter Mickey
  • i_dont_knowi_dont_know Registered Users 1 Posts
    well this is strange I've gotten the free car but no gems and it keeps telling me I got them but never gives them to me. what's the deal
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    So @Ryyst you need to come out and give an explanation for this one. My evo8 rated 1649 with a maxed time of 9.6 goes into maxed B class lobbies against evo8's running 8.6... I would love to hear a reasonable explanation for this.

Don't talk to me about variables cause there isn't a variable out there that can explain this as a balanced and fair race. You guys messed up the lobbies bad and turf is an absolute joke now. 1649 cars going against 1663 cars. Not like I'm in a different car. I'm in the exact same car as those I'm racing and my rating is 14 numbers off from them...

Don't dance around the question and speak in circles, your not a politician running for office. ANSWER THE QUESTION!!! Explain this shit!!! Give your customer an answer on this one or so help me god I will go to iTunes for a complete refund based on a broken and faulty app and I'll let you guys fight with iTunes over that one. Based on the topics in the forum and all the complaints, I don't think you'll have much of an argument.
  • youlieyoulie Registered Users 3,798 Posts
    edited August 2016
    Your not gonna get that answer @C y r u s. Why? Quite frankly i dont think they actually know what they did. When it first happened it was an "unintended consequence" of other improvements made to the game. Now since they cant figure out what happened someone had the bright idea to call it a variable. BOOM! problem solved now heres 1k in gems and cj to distract you for a while lol smh.
    @youlie hit it on the head mate

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• DualShocker182DualShocker182 Registered Users 5,257 Posts
    edited August 2016
    Tbh could you please just make a trade option already? I don't care how many problems this game has as long as we have a trade option.

IGN: DualShocker182
    "Rapper, Memer, and Lobby-Cleaner"
    edited August 2016
    @DualShocker182 that will never happen. Then they would have to research and replace scammed cars. Trades are not supported for a reason. That will never change

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

@dwdtuning no one ever said they had to....

• youlieyoulie Registered Users 3,798 Posts
    @DualShocker182 Smh you guys just don't get it lmfao. Take a step back and look at what they're doing;

1) the supposed "original owner variable", now if you buy a car off someone it will be slower then if you were the original owner
    2) bring back fpw, killed that market + #1 means you car will be slower if you do decide to buy fpw from someone anyways.
    3) giving away turfs, killed that cars value
    4) giving away the performance body kits for free + #1 means they're worthless

Starting to see a pattern here?!

They don't want you to buy sell or trade a dam thing anymore so why in the hell would they implement a trading system?
    @youlie you do have a point...

• RahatB98RahatB98 Registered Users 4,997 Posts
    got the car but no gems on my main.
    lifes a b*tch and then you die.

IGN - Real Cranky