Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Where are the bots?

crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
I picked up a Cobra jet and two Ferrari's this weekend, thanks for the 1k gems and the car BTW.

So where are the F'ing bots? So i can learn the cars, without dealing with piggybackers?

You either need to get them back, or give us the test track you been teasing. Nothing worse than trying to practice a car without the bots needed to do it right. Why can't we get, a Bot room to use?

Comments

• Big pBig p Registered Users 1,890 Posts
    Yeah i agree- they fukkkked up our tunes,now we can't even find a bot to race while we try and rectify their fukkkk up!!
    Or maybe that's the whole reason.........
    Who knows??
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    I don't mind a PVP race, but when i'm learning to drive a car, the bots were more stable, never wanted to pink and never turned down a race.

The last 5 times i went into a lobby i got harrassed as a coward, because i would not pink my stoned stock cars. all i want is to learn them first, not give them away. BTW in the 30 lobby, every racer was a piggybacker last night. Is that working as intended? Hope so, because i'm considering disabling the app, If others do as well, you lose overall.

I honestly don't mind the piggybackers, just that they try to bully players. Sad part is, you don't do anything about that aspect. Simply collect your money and say F off i guess huh?
    Personally i got no problem, with no-talent players (the piggybackers) playing. My problem is they berate and bully, the other players for outing them. the other problem is i keep getting one single lobby, or two both full of piggybackers and not an F'ing bot to practice with

Bots have 3 advantages over Players

#1. the starting is stable 20 seconds over between 3-30 seconds. this does not count light laggers

#2. they are always available and never say no.

#3. they don't pick, bully or try to force pinks

and the biggie
    #4. they do not piggyback.

I don't mind some PVP when i know my car, but till i learn it, i need a stable starting platform to practice with. not immediate to 1 minute gaps.

Far as friending. thanks. But honestly friending just for a practice partener, is just not right. I only friend those i talk to regular. anyone else gets ignored and blocked if they piggyback off of me.

If GLU would do the practice track, as they keep teasing, There would be no problem. unless of course they decide to charge gems, to use it. Got no problem with damage, that can be repaird with time. but forcing gem use, would make me erase the app
  • 2thpic2thpic Registered Users 188 Posts
    yes i put my hand up on this as well. we need the bots back.

No worries - was just extending an olive branch to try to help a fellow racer out. I take it you aren't interested in making new friends, etc...all good. Good luck with the game!

It's not that. it's just i'm selective of my friends. Especially in this game, where anyone can "be my friend", without my notification or consent

I got into this game, with a few friends. Picked up a few, through a couple of turf clubs, unfortunately i'm the only one that still plays. they all left when GLU pulled the plug on FB/Computer users.

I have tried to get back in, but the severe lack of Bots (the most stable starting available) limits my even getting started. Even if i had a friend to practice with, the starts are still inconsistent, compared to bots. this is why i'm hoping for the test track to have the option for free running with damage, or gems for no damage. This will satisfy all, except GLU won't dare give a free option
  • shalootshaloot Registered Users 48 Posts
    Don't forget another benefit of bots is to get an idea of what lobby you are in!
    shaloot said:

Don't forget another benefit of bots is to get an idea of what lobby you are in!

yup, too many piggybackers in the lobby's anymore