Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Tournament pinks

MONSTERMANMONSTERMAN Registered Users 276 Posts
So it's been a while and i see that pinks are closed in tournaments, wondering why? Is there something new coming up?

Comments

• Options
    Jepordy908Jepordy908 Registered Users 72 Posts
    No. They were shut down for cloning.
  • Options
    So it won't be open again?
  • Options
    IIDemonIIIIDemonII Registered Users 1,664 Posts
    @MONSTERMAN Probably not as almost all cloning has stopped if not all.
  • Options
    youlieyoulie Registered Users 3,798 Posts
    I really wish they could find a solution to the problem. The pinks tournament was the best part of the game
  • Options
    Would be nice to see them back again :)
  • Options
    Gavc19Gavc19 Registered Users 202 Posts
    agreed
  • Options
    Any word from admins on this? Will it be open again tournament pinks ever again?
  • Options
    kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    They don't do much... Lol
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• Options
    That's no fun :(
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    There are no current plans to reopen Pinks in Tournaments
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    BTSRBTSR Registered Users 427 Posts
    Another reason pinks in tournaments are closed is because there are those who get more than 15 winning pinks in a day and get autobanned then spend weeks appealing it.
  • Options
    FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    Sevenhell said:

To be honest even the cash tournament has too many problems and needs to be fixed. Unable to enter the room and some reason everytime I bring a turf tuned car in it it disqualifies me just to name a couple.

From what I can tell about this, the system tries to keep the races "fair" my keeping the ratings within range. I believe there is no way to "lobby jump" in the tournaments.

• Options
    BTSR said:

Another reason pinks in tournaments are closed is because there are those who get more than 15 winning pinks in a day and get autobanned then spend weeks appealing it.

What about Turf Wars hen? I'm sure there is many players who do more than 10 pinks races a day and what, do they get autobanned too? Cause if they do there wouldn't be the same team in first place for few Turf Wars weeks in a row...

So that is not a reason why Tournament Pinks are closed
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

BTSR said:

What about Turf Wars hen? I'm sure there is many players who do more than 10 pinks races a day and what, do they get autobanned too? Cause if they do there wouldn't be the same team in first place for few Turf Wars weeks in a row...

So that is not a reason why Tournament Pinks are closed
    The "pink slip limit" was in place and adjusted for normal game play. Winning pinks in a tournament was accounted for. Again, if you do get autobanned for too many pink slip races, its because its happening way more than normal game play would see.

Also its not how many pink slips in a day, its a certain amount in a very short amount of time.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options

There are no current plans to reopen Pinks in Tournaments

But i thought You can open them anytime just were working on it to make sure everything works the right way, i'm sure i have read that somewhere in these forums...
  • Options
    goldensunshinegoldensunshine Registered Users 54 Posts
    Better to stop tournaments than see the cloners sitting with 100 Turf cars in a level 10 account and selling them like peanuts. $5 each $5 each lol
  • Options
    shalootshaloot Registered Users 48 Posts
    Surely the clone bug could just be patched instead of blocking pink tournaments forever?

Also, I don't have a problem running with a turf car in cash tournaments. I just raced in 1663 and was matched up with other 63 lobby cars just fine.
  • Options
    So maybe next year they get reopened