Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Bait and Switch Pinks

EvilDan77EvilDan77 Registered Users 282 Posts
Just curious what everyone thinks of this technique.
I typically run 2 accounts, my main and secondary. Mainly because no one races my main high rank account. And also to find the players ruining the Racing Rivals experience for the new players.
Today I was accused of being a scammer because I pray on the players who ruin newbie lobbies. It was a fellow forum member I found trolling the newbie lobby. Sergio66. He entered the lobby saw my low level account and pinked me in my stick car. I then enter the lobby with my main account and let him challenge me again. Now you never know what to expect while racing and I certainly don't consider it a scam. It's just a technique I use to find bottom feeders. I have no problem giving his car back if I am found in the wrong. But I've read a ton of posts about people doing this same thing. So I know I'm not alone. And I am not a scammer. Plenty of legit vouchers on page 40.
Prev1

Comments

• denix1denix1 Registered Users 311 Posts
    Lol I'm sure like 95% of the players join noob lobbys with a fast car and pink..it's up to the noobs to decide whether to take the risk ... it even says in the game to not judge a car by how it looks because you never know what's in it. so they been warned
  • chainbreaker2012chainbreaker2012 Registered Users 64 Posts
    I don't think you are wrong personally. Though that is just my personal opinion. I have found alot of people going into lower lobbies lately and I tend to do the same exact thing I don't challenge the lower peeps but the maxed viper in a stock viper room is my usual target. As I see it he is doing basically the same thing it's just a matter of who is more say at this type or game play. The game even states to be careful as you never know what's under the opponents hood.
  • EvilDan77EvilDan77 Registered Users 282 Posts
    My thoughts exactly guys, it is in no way a scam. I leave the new players be and like you said above I target the guys with big hp and flashy cars hungry to pink. People sandbag in every lobby and that isn't considered a scam lol.
  • SIRNOSALOTSIRNOSALOT Registered Users 527 Posts
    Lets say your main acc name is situation and your second acc named situat1on or situati0n to make it look like same acc I would call that a scam
  • killinemsoftlykillinemsoftly Registered Users 4,432 Posts
    I woudn't consider this a scam. The game even warns you "you never know whats under the hood." Also once a racer accepts pinks, there basically saying im willing to lose my car. Fair game.

• Red Gas 425Red Gas 425 Registered Users 18 Posts
    If the game developers don't want higher level cars getting into lower level lobbies, then they would design the game so that it would never happen. Just because someone is pinks happy in a lower level lobby with a high hp car doesn't mean you need to police that activity. The more disturbing thing is people sandbagging while racing you in an attempt to get you to pinks race them and then handily beating you.
  • pistolapistola Registered Users 437 Posts
    sand bagging to win bets is done in real racing too so i dont think its wrong. anybody willing to pink or bet high stakes is "willing" to lose. IMO sometimes i put 3 accts on track to get peoples times and race them. i like to catch the big mouths and take thier cars. always bet on losing and if you win it feels alot better.
  • GvosGvos Registered Users 69 Posts
    Same here, I used to street race a lot and sandbag the heck out of my ride. Then when real money came in I spanked.
  • sk00linn00bzsk00linn00bz Registered Users 664 Posts
    I woudn't consider this a scam. The game even warns you "you never know whats under the hood." Also once a racer accepts pinks, there basically saying im willing to lose my car. Fair game.

so if youre a grown man you would go to a middle school and beat the shit out of little kids because you know it's no contest?

it may not be a scam but you're all scumbags who do that. sackless. i only will pink in turf cause you little roaches can't cheat those lobbies. be a man and just race in the right lobby if you lose you lose. dont race in a lower lobby because you wanna rig your success. ugh this game is full of deviant cowards
  • GvosGvos Registered Users 69 Posts
    I agree with you, but it's just one of the options of the game. Deal with it and move on.
  • FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    I have to disagree. If you are using a "technic" designed to play the game differently from how it was designed, then you are not an honest player. If you have a maxed or near maxed car and you enter a lobby with new players or low ranked players, then you are, in a sense, cheating. (Granted the system should not allow this, however it does). In my own opinion, its just a low, scummy way to play the game.
  • R311R311 Registered Users 221 Posts
    The only thing u exploited there was human ego.. Unless; 1. ur pink request was accepted by anyone else but ur opponent him/herself all across to the screen of his/her own phone, and 2. u didnt broke any form of commitment either textual, verbal thats comtrary to the outcome of ur race - then there is no way you can call this a scam..
  • EvilDan77EvilDan77 Registered Users 282 Posts
    ^ ding ding ding. We have a winner.
  • laxhero2laxhero2 Registered Users 808 Posts
    LOL, This is a "video game". There are strategy in "video games" , beating up middle school has nothing to do with it. Its just like playing any other "video game". The game has risk and high rewards you as the User has the ability to change that.

I know when your playing Call of duty or Halo you hope for newbies, so how is this any different?
  • davethepointdavethepoint Registered Users 62 Posts
    i do this everyday. but i call me a scammer hunter. im running with my 0 engine stress. They ask me for pink with there maxed car and they said they are stock or when the want to give me a car cause the quit the game (fake) then i win the car. im only scamming scammer cause they piss me off and they ruin the game.
  • ChevellesruleChevellesrule Registered Users 108 Posts
    OP isn't scamming. Scamming is saying you will trade, give, or bet a certain amount and then not going through with your half of the deal.
  • TyelrTyelr Registered Users 37 Posts
    Its definitely not a "scam", although it's probably considered cheap, but its just a part of the game. A ton of people do it.
    If you're going to race for pinks and you're worried about lobby jumpers just wait for a turf and pink there... it seems like the most fun way in my opinion, since you know your cars should be somewhat close.
  • brianv3nturabrianv3ntura Registered Users 174 Posts
    i wouldn't call it a scam, but very scummy to use a mirror account. Sure the game says to not take a care too lightly as you don't whats under the hood, but using a mirror account to trick users into thinking that your car is much much slower then come back with main is just a scumbag thing to do. some may not see the differences in the name.
  • GwellsdealGwellsdeal Registered Users 101 Posts
    Well mostly everyone knows about this and it all comes down to this... No ones forcing you to race anyone or pink anyone lol. It's as simple as this... Run what ya brung... Lol idk why people get mad about other cars being in lobbies they're not supposed to be in. Lol if you want to race like that than play a nascar game lol
  • FAST_FREDDIE001FAST_FREDDIE001 Registered Users 94 Posts
    Yes, you are a scammer, no question about it
    IGN Ecoboosted TT
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    My opinion, a piggybacker is a piggybacker, no matter the intention. But not much can be done, since Glu does nothing to promote stepping up and racing your cars level
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    Duel account scammers are straight up pusssies. Lobby jumping, ok w/e glu says it's part of multiplayer. But to have two like accounts and race someone with slow account. Bring your fast account while your racing and hit them to race again before they can even refresh to look at lobby and throw the pinks. You sir are straight pusssy. Their is a reason y'alls garages are garbage.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    Alot of what is being said here is the reason I hate going into multi player lobbies. Its all trash, lobby jumping, multiple accounts, 2 accounts in the same room, what the fucck ever... Its all trash behavior. I think its weak, and pathetic to take a car, when the other guy "thinks" you are the same rating. Man the fuuck up ladies. Race legit races, against similar rated vehicles, and win or lose pinks like a man.. Geeze, how can you guys even enjoy a car you took in some puss-ass pinks race orchestrated by your pathetic lack of skill to race legit?
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Yes I'd say your a scammer and a lobby troll... Taking a maxed gts-r into a 1650 lobby and racing lower level cars for an easy win is a bitch move. Race pinks in turf where the lobbies are regulated and you don't have a drastic advantage... Stop with the chicken shit easy wins and race turf where consistency, driving ability, shifting and tuning play into your wins not just a maxed car vs low level cars.

Grow a pair and race cars with the same rating for pinks... Let's see how good you really are.
  • Koaleader171Koaleader171 Registered Users 457 Posts
    It all comes down to this. Multiplayer lobbies, are OPEN LOBBIES. Just like in real life drag racing, as long as it isn't an official bracket event, anyone can bring any car they want. It is YOUR responsibility to check out your opponents car before you bet them, because they could be in anything. That's not scamming, as the same thing happens in real life. If you want races against like performance cars to yours, go to tournament, turf, or showdown. that's what they are there for. lastly, as a few others said, its a video game. mirror accounts, in this particular game, are a valid strategy. If you don't like it, don't race them. no one is forcing you to race. Bottom line is, in open mp lobbies, its your own fault you lose because you didn't research your opponent beforehand. 'Nuff said, rant over >.>
    "Whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."
    @Koaleader171 you must be one of these pusssies. Pinks all your turfs pusssy? O wait, bottom feeders like yourselves garages are garbage

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• FAST_FREDDIE001FAST_FREDDIE001 Registered Users 94 Posts
    Koal, disagree. The sanctioning is "the lobby" that one enters. If it's a 51-56 lobby and he's within that range, then it's all fair game. But when one with say a 68 enters a known lobby range like 40 or 56, he's simply a scammer, low life bottom feeder. He knows it and just wants to see if he can be justified.
    IGN Ecoboosted TT
  • CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts

its a video game. mirror accounts, in this particular game, are a valid strategy. 'Nuff said, rant over >.>

Did you really just fuucking say that? Your father must be so disappointed at his legacy.

@CHSJA no way he knows his father, would you claim that?

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆