Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Ryyst Blog #5 - Player Council II

Comments

• FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts

@TheGangsta thing is though, if they were to make a new game, we'd all have to start all over. I don't know about you, but I'm not about to give up 152 cars and millions of dollars just for an "improved" game....

lol....i have over 1400 cars and this game has pretty got me bored with the latest updates.
    1400 CARS!!! How the heck do you manage your garage?

Also, how long does it take to load your garage? I have a truck load less cars and sometimes it takes a while to load.
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @Fugyea we have multiple accounts, break the car load up
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    dwdtuning said:

@Fugyea we have multiple accounts, break the car load up

That makes sense. Thanks for the info
    @1990 gts yea man

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    Well I don't want to go to china just to talk about a game we would have to pay for the trip too and to get into glu and to sit down and to breath, and the person who spends the most gets a Datsun re
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• MONSTERMANMONSTERMAN Registered Users 276 Posts

@TheGangsta thing is though, if they were to make a new game, we'd all have to start all over. I don't know about you, but I'm not about to give up 152 cars and millions of dollars just for an "improved" game....

lol....i have over 1400 cars and this game has pretty got me bored with the latest updates.
    Some players that been here for a year or two still hasn't learned and just learning how to be better, so if you want something new, try some other games please :)
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    1990 gts said:

That's @eXxPLoSiOn for those who don't know ↑↑

Won't ever deny what I did with Kevin. He had gotten scammed for a few hundreds dollars and had asked if there was anything he could do because Paypal wouldn't help him at all.
    C y r u s said:

Lmao perfect guy to represent the racing rivals community.. What an amazingly messed up council!!!

I only represent one part of the RR community, the rest of the council was made up of mainly some of the most well known racers to date. RJF was a legend in his own right with the Reborn Legends early on, Shin is a well known racer as well and James is probably one of the best at setting world records in cars. Pigpen and Prodigal Grim were amazing to see when it came to talking about the building and tuning aspect of the game. To base the entirety of the racer council off one person is stupid and makes you look simple minded.
    dwdtuning said:

@c y r u s @eXxPLoSiOn DOES NOT and WILL NOT EVER represent the RR community. He represents VGU, his own greed and everything that is wrong with RR. But @[rr] ryyst said himself that some snakes would be invited.

Like ive said I billion times. All hacks, cheats, exploits, cloning all came from the top and "elite" players. Knoobs don't have high end turfs to clone.

I represent my users and VideoGamesUnderground.com and all RRU Facebook groups. To say that I only represent myself would be you being confused and misguided. I can assure you my questions and comments during the racers council represented a good amount of the people that make up my user base. Many of whom are part of this forum and many whom don't use Facebook at all when it comes to Racing Rivals. To say that I'm everything that is wrong with Racing Rivals is dumb, the black market is what keeps the game alive. If you think this forum and it's floundering numbers is what keeps the game up and running you couldn't be more dead wrong.

One other thing, the cloned vehicles was started by Indonesian players that had no other way to obtain the stuff they wanted. The gem glitching and such was started by a poor kid from Cuba who couldn't afford the stuff he wanted. These were two of the worst cheats to hit the game and NEITHER of them came from "top tier" players.

www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Say what you will about eXxPLoSIOn. He may not be well liked by some of you. Some of you may know him from rumor, some criticism that he makes money off us...

I know him as a person. I know him from his days in NITTO. Is there some shady stuff? Maybe. Even if he is all thses things you all claim him to be. That's reason enough for him to be on the council. We get to pick the mind of that part of the community, and yes, it is a part of the community. We know he deals cars, we know he's in the know with some less than favorable "players". Whatever you all think of him, you don't really know him, nor do you possibly know what he's brought to the table. He's helped this game more than anyone knows, and he keeps helping.

I chose players to represent all different aspects of this game. If you don't trust who they are, fine. I can't please everyone. What I do know is that every single member of the Player Council has added to this game and has helped make it better over time and will continue to do so. I stand by each and every one of them.

People have asked how to be on the council. Simple.

1. Don't ask to be on the council: I choose from observation and interaction, not from showboating
    2. Be a voice. Be a unique voice. Offer something different to the table., Be honest in your feedback, but be respectful. Have an understanding that this is a business and of course we need to make money. Have an understanding of how things work on both sides of the coin.

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Fueled_RacingFueled_Racing Registered Users 579 Posts
    **** Pigpen, @321run scamming ass
  • kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    That's like saying we need to hear from the players but we are only looking for the ones that spend the most

@dwdtuning looks like you lost your argument

@kingpen126 how's that?

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    edited September 2016
    @eXxPLoSiOn Can you explain how exactly the black market keeps this game alive?
    @[rr] ryyst How is RR different than every other huge online game that developers are constantly fighting the real money trading markets? You keep saying "this is a business and of course we need to make money", yet here you are supporting a huge black market dealer?? You must understand that no matter how much money he is spending "in-game", it's but a fraction of the money he is taking in. Why would you not want ALL of the money consumers are willing to spend on your product? Doesn't make any sense to me.

edit: I can't fcking tag ryyst....lol
  • Them ExclusiveThem Exclusive Registered Users 1,671 Posts
    If I had only 1 car and joined a lobby , id see the same people over and over. Do a better job with these lobbies. Max it out to like 30 people . I rather see the same 30 people compared to these lobbies with under 10 people. Its boring asf, nobody talks.
    CHSJA said:

@eXxPLoSiOn Can you explain how exactly the black market keeps this game alive?
    @[rr] ryyst How is RR different than every other huge online game that developers are constantly fighting the real money trading markets? You keep saying "this is a business and of course we need to make money", yet here you are supporting a huge black market dealer?? You must understand that no matter how much money he is spending "in-game", it's but a fraction of the money he is taking in. Why would you not want ALL of the money consumers are willing to spend on your product? Doesn't make any sense to me.

edit: I can't fcking tag ryyst....lol

How are we supporting a black market dealer? By inviting him to talk with us? Look at this forum. There is a whole section dedicated to the blackmarket, but we don't support it. We don't really control it, We don't help it, but we allow it to exist because, well. What do we do? Do we ban all of you that sell, trade and buy cars? Can you see how that would hurt the game?

Look at the music industry. When Napster came about, the music industry panicked, some bands started to sue people who downloaded music and what not. The thing is, downloading music became such a huge thing, that there was no way to stop it. Sure the music industry was losing money. But had they all gone after people DLing music, most of us would be in jail. Then they'd also miss out on those of us that dled some music but still bought some. The music industry had to adapt to the black market.

Let me ask you this. How do we get to understand that aspect of the game? By asking someone who doesn't deal on the black market? Or do we talk to someone deep into the black market?

Interest in this game is kept alive by the economy outside the game. We understand this. Do we lose money on purchases that are not made in game for cash or cars? Sure, but it does keep players playing, and there are still things you need to do that you can't get on the black market. It's a balance. To maintain that balance, like I said, we need to understand it. What sells, why does it sell? How much are cars worth, how much is RRC going for right now. Knowing these things helps us with decisions concerning different parts of the game.

That's like saying we need to hear from the players but we are only looking for the ones that spend the most

A guy who has held race records for a lot of cars, a real life racer, a team leader, a collector, a tuning expert and math whiz, a youtube star that shows players how to race and someone who is involved in "the black market"

None of that really has to do with how much the spent on the game, they were chosen because of what kind of players they were.

Except for one of them, I don't know how much they have or have not spent on the game.

Last player council, I had some players who never really spent anything.

Look, you don't agree with me on who I invited, that's fine. The players I chose helped us. Believe that or not. You all benefited from them and will benefit from them. That's the truth

Dang @[rr] ryyst went hard in the paint lol #21 gonna get yea

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    god ****, why do people always argue with Ryyst like he done something wrong.
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts

www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
    Who's the fourms mod that went along?

edited September 2016
    Maybe you should have invited a scammer that makes up a large amount of people in this game
    I think one or two of them are right?

• CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    edited September 2016

Interest in this game is kept alive by the economy outside the game. We understand this. Do we lose money on purchases that are not made in game for cash or cars? Sure, but it does keep players playing, and there are still things you need to do that you can't get on the black market. It's a balance. To maintain that balance, like I said, we need to understand it. What sells, why does it sell? How much are cars worth, how much is RRC going for right now. Knowing these things helps us with decisions concerning different parts of the game.

Fair enough.

• SpencerSpencer Registered Users 294 Posts
    KIRBEE BAN ME TO MUSH.

ATT: SP RACER #1

ATTATT: NITRO LEGENDS #1

• C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    So glad the team at Glu decided to add new content rather than fix the lag issues. So glad to see BMW crates come back before the latency issues are worked out so we can actually tune a car or join a race. So nice to see where their priorities are.
  • SpencerSpencer Registered Users 294 Posts
    CIE/GLU's Golden Rule: Fixing lag doth not payeth thy bills.

• dahater75dahater75 Registered Users 74 Posts
    Listen you guys shouldn't be complaining about a market. Why is it a black market?? If we couldn't trade in one way or another then this game wouldn't be fun.

Rysst is right, it's about balance. There is a demand for cars, so thete will be a market. You guys should however create a legal trade system, so much less thievery.

Make trade an option.
    C y r u s said:

So glad the team at Glu decided to add new content rather than fix the lag issues. So glad to see BMW crates come back before the latency issues are worked out so we can actually tune a car or join a race. So nice to see where their priorities are.

Ah lag. Everyone tends to feel like everyone experiences lag just like they do. Sorry to say, that's not how it works. Our servers are fine. Sure they may have a hiccup every once in a while... just like most servers, but for the most part, on a whole, they function just fine.

But You may be experiencing something. It's quite possible it has nothing to do with our servers... or your IP. But there are a lot of things that can be happening. There are so many variables between your device and our servers, that a number of things can be affecting game performance on your device.

Which brings us to the whole, "There is lag!" report. Its pretty vague. To better help CS troubleshoot your issue, please contact them and answer the following:

Where are you playing from?
    Data or Wifi?
    Whats is your cell carrier?
    What is your WiFI carrier?
    What device are you using?
    What is your OS version?
    Are there any other apps running?
    What are you doing when you experience lag?
    Do you get any error messages?
    Is your device jailbroken? Rooted?
    Does it change during different times of the day?
    What kind of "lag" are you experiencing? What is exactly happening?
    Do all aspects of the game act this way?
    How many cars do you have?
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?
    What other steps have you tried to resolve the issue?
    Do you have access to a different device? If so do you experience the same thing?
    Have you installed any "game enhancing" apps?

Spencer said:

CIE/GLU's Golden Rule: Fixing lag doth not payeth thy bills.

Technically it does. Happy players tend to keep playing and spending. So the notion that we do everything we can to make players mad is false and from a business standpoint, detrimental to making money.

So when WE actually experience something wrong with the game performance and its on our end, we tend to fix it as fast as we can. Like last week. An issue came up, it was reported, immediately we went into action, some of us staying a couple hours later to make sure the problem was fixed. So.. .yeah

@[RR]Ryyst - can you launch the game on an iphone 6s plus...and upgrade / install parts on several cars? I'm seeing a slowdown in the game once i start installs on 2 seperate cars. Literally 1 part on each car and the overall responsiveness of the game slows down, to a point where when you go into a car's upgrade menu and try to tap on a part, it's a good 5 seconds before it'll open that parts upgrade options. The only way to get it to run "correctly" again is to completely close the app and relaunch it. This happens on both android and ios, however, my main device is my iphone. It looks like there may be a memory leak issue.

If you'd like me to report it to CS, I can do so. Or, an option would be to skype or fb video chat with you so that I can show you, real time, what I'm talking about.

This issue has been around for a while (meaning several weeks, even before 5.1), but simply rebooting resolves it temporarily (until you start multiple installs again), which is why I think most simply deal with it versus making a post on here, fb, or elsewhere.

I understand YOU and the staff at the office may not see it. Under optimal conditions, the game may run smooth as butter. However, short of being in the office with you, really none of us are under optimal conditions.

Let me know (either here or pm) if you want to chat via video like I mentioned. Maybe doing so will shed some light and bring about an "ah ha!" moment....and possibly bring about a change that might make some of the angry mob of a player base this game seems to have a slight bit happier.

I don't base my statements based on what WE see in the office. Its based on tracking and data and numbers.

Do players experience it, yes. We know. However, short of trying to optimize the game to work with over 1000 devices in 1000s of different scenarios, there isn't much we can do. We can only make the game work as much as we can for the majority of players out there... again, this is based on data, statistics yadda yadda that we get from monitoring things. And yes, there seems to be a lot of players that complain, however, that isn't an accurate representation of the player base. A majority of players can play fine.

So when a player experiences and kind of issue, it really is isolated to that specific player. Now, it may be the same thing causing it for others, but without pinpointing where the exact issue lies in your specific scenario, we won't be able to see if there is something we can do specifically to alleviate whatever issue is happening in that specific scenario.

So for anyone experiencing "lag", its not about seeing it being done, its about your specific scenario. As much as you (the public in general) expect our small group of testers to try and simulate every single combination of mobile device to isp to location to apps installed to device resource to all device settings to OS version, that simply is not possible.

And it may seem like its easy to dismiss our testing to "well you all play in the same area... ". However, that is 1 thing that they have in common here. There are hundreds of different factors that they test, and still, they can in no way test them all. This isn't our first rodeo. We know we have to test different things, we don't presume everyone will play on the most optimal set of variables ever.

If we break down your issue.

Slow down when installing parts on 2 different cars.

* Am I playing on a 6Plus? yes
    * Do I have parts installing on 2 different cars? Yes, in fact if have multiple parts installing on more than 2 cars
    * Do I experience what you are? No, at least as far as experiencing "slowdown in game". I can race, I can upgrade parts, I can siwtch between different parts of the map.
    * Am i at the office? No. (So there goes the theory that we only play when its optimal... also... our servers are not in the office... now how that works)
    * Have I tried a different device and OS? Yep! I personally test situations on iOS and Android. Still work fine.
    * Have you tried on wiFi and on Data? Yep. Works fine again.
    * How many cars do you have? Hundreds, and a pretty full inventory
    * So... by all intents and purposes. The game works on iOS and Android, on WiFi and Data and in the office and outside the office. So the game is doing what it should do, work on iOS and Android, on WiFi and Data, in different locations.

Lets go through what is different between our situations.

* Location - We definitely are in different locations. I'm not in the office under "Optimal conditions". I'm like an hour away. However, I can't say where you are affects anything, or where ayone is affects things It's possible.
    * Device Settings - I'm pretty sure our are different. Again, I don't know your specific device settings, and how that differs from mine.
    * What apps are running? - I tend to have a bunch of apps running at once. I doubt we have the same ones running
    * How does your ISP handle Data? Handle WiFi? I don't know.
    * How is your network setup? Are you on a public network? Private?

I can keep going. But can you now see what our troubleshooting team has to go through? That is just a sliver of the variables between every single player out there.

Which brings us to "Lag".

Yes we know it exists. IF its on our end, we know. Meaning, if its something caused by our us, we know. If everything is optimal and we don't see thousands of crashing devices or latency issues, then the GAME system is fine.

So where is the problem. Again, could be 1 out of 100000 things. The pertinent info isn't seeing whats happening, its the details of the situation. We once found that one odd setting people could set on their device caused a strange issue. Not really the games fault, we just didn't account for that specific setting to cause an issue. We've also discovered that some Android devices use slightly different OSes than other devices, which, again, we didn't know. We make the game according to normal OSes.

So, if you are experiencing lag, it's very important to be as detailed about your situation as possible. The questions I posted earlier, are just some of the things that can help.

Just know, if something is wrong, and if we can fix it, we will.

• SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    Does anyone for Glu play the game on a regular basis? If they did they would see how laggy the game is even on newer devices