Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

6.0 Update and Issue, Post Issues!

eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
Usually when I post issues on here it's just a link to our website. With the release of 6.0 and the amount of issues it had instead of posting a bunch of threads flaming the update or the admins I think with the size and support of the forum the best thing you all can do as a community is to come together and post with photo proof any issues that you come across in game.

Here is a link to the short write up we did on the website where we are asking for the same thing.
videogamesunderground.com/rr-r-e-l-a-x-6-0-update/

Here is what we wrote on the site in case you don't want to go to the site.

This morning I woke up to all hell breaking loose. I saw people dumping vehicles for dirt cheap on the Facebook groups we run and I saw people posting about their hate and distain for the admins at GLU Long Beach. I saw people swearing up and down that their Racing Rivals lives were “over and done with..”.

We here at VGU had no idea the update would be released in the middle of the night and we can tell you without doubt that the admins at GLU Long Beach did not mean for this to happen. They wanted to be in office when the update happened that way if there were any major issues they could address them as quickly as possible. We know that there are a bunch of things that are wrong with the update and we want to do our best to help resolves these issues. You as the community of this game are the best quality assurance that the admins have because of the number of vehicles and number of parts variables that the game has on it. If you find something wrong please report it below or on our Facebook page so that we can have it brought to their attention. They DO read the website and our blogs so your help is very much appreciated.

DO NOT try to switch accounts, we have gotten multiple confirmations that the Facebook login does not function properly right now so your best bet right now is to sit tight till this is figured out.

The admin team at GLU Long Beach has worked very hard at making this update something that would allow us to continue playing Racing Rivals for years to come. Let’s give them some time to get this all worked out instead of just grabbing the pitch forks and calling for their heads. They will make this right and we will get the game they intended us to have.

The admins will be in office in a few hours so if they can hit the ground running our issues will be addressed that much quicker.
www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
2015 Players Council Member
2016 Players Council Member
2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko

Comments

• Options
    j2 theizzoj2 theizzo Registered Users 4,383 Posts
    Common sense would be to run a beta test instead of having a live update with so many bugs @Roush Sport as for people being emotional im sure it has to do with the fact they have a good chunk of change invested in a game that just went full retard with this update. Just a heads up for anyone thinking of downloading the previous version it will not load your accounts saved via facebook or gp so do not delete app unless you want to lose your profile.
  • Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    Lol they didn't intended on a midnight release. Then why did they release it? Lol fkn idoits
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Options
    C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    edited October 2016
    I'm tired of these threads. Why post issues the day of the roll out? Why sit here and explain to them all the things wrong with their update? Most of them should have been known well before the launch. I can accept minor bugs here and there, I can except little tweaks to an almost finished product. Like a painter adding little bits of color here and there to really make their vision pop. This is not the case with 6.0. Right off the bat you can easily find major problems with the update. Disappointing that we have to point out all the things that should have been addressed well in advance.
  • Options
    @Roush Sport really it's just glu. They spend no $$$ on beta testing and expect their users to field the testing and report the bugs. Which is fkn ridiculous. No other company uses their core player base as testers. And this isnt new. Every single update they have ever done has been shitt. Not 1, not 2 but every update ever. It's getting a little old.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    XXB00573DXXXXB00573DXX Registered Users 607 Posts
    edited October 2016
    @Ryyst if you need ppl to beta test im willing to do it for free
  • Options
    j2 theizzoj2 theizzo Registered Users 4,383 Posts
    How patient do i need to be when 3 accounts are bricked and wont load past the loading garage screen after i tried switching to another car @Roush Sport ? All 3 phones are s7 so lets not even try the get a better phone excuse lol. Cant even clear data and load file again because itll just make a new profile. @dwdtuning we should get paid for pointing out these bugs, 1k gem per bug sound fair?
  • Options
    SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    Today I discovered Glu employees must be Color Blind
  • Options
    RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    What I don't understand is the font selection and background colours. It's really hard to read.

Cars are slow to load in the garage and too many of them look frankly horrendous.

What exactly is the point of Global Chat? It seems to be just a random, ceaseless stream of jibberish from people I don't even know.

Why are the thumbnails of the cars in the garage sooooo small? It makes it hard to see what's what.

I had high hopes for 6.0. I thought that after the stinkfest that was the last major update surely they would do some sort of testing or quality control, but no.

I hope its at least partially sorted for Turd cos that Civic looks sweet.
  • Options
    @Roush Sport or , or how bout those stupid mfers get an update out correctly. The users have a right to be pissed. We pay their light bills. Without GLUs users , there wouldn't be a GLU. So don't get it twisted

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    F that. We are tired of a day or two to fix issues. 10 patches on each update.. they need to do a better job at there jobs or they need to be fired. If any of my guys fks me even 1/10th of how bad glu does there uses. I woulda been fired them, long time ago

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    OK. It is technically free to play, but if you want to win Turf you do need to spend some dough
  • Options
    D4NG3R 72D4NG3R 72 Registered Users 1,399 Posts

You CHOSE to pay the light bills...you don't have to. It's not a pay to play game. The fact that they get people to spend money on free game, I'd say, means they do a pretty good job.

Try winning a turf car without spending money on the game then
  • Options
    C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    We are the consumer. Believe it or not they work for us, not the other way around. And your right, they will iron out the kinks. I understand the minor bugs. All updates have em but we aren't talking about minor bugs. We are talking about major issues here. Issues that should have been addressed and corrected well in advance of the update.

As for the graphics and the look of the game, did any member of the coucil stand up and say "can we leave well enough alone?" The graphics on 6.0 are amazing. I'm amazed at how we jumped back to 2001. I'm pretty sure the snake game I had on my Motorola razr had better graphics.
  • Options
    FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts

OK. It is technically free to play, but if you want to win Turf you do need to spend some dough

Not sure about Turf, but for Racer Showdown...NO NEED TO SPEND AND REAL $. That's about all I play now. Earn money and gems by watching videos, especially on 3X payout days!!!
  • Options
    KalaboratorKalaborator Registered Users 1,682 Posts
    @eXxPLoSiOn I'd tell you the issues I have but I think we're all on the same boat. Graphics are absolute shît. New shaders? Damnn things are like a solar eclipse. Everything was bright and nice before. Now everything is so dark I can barely see much. Did they decide to use a new color palette as well? Because none of the colors, aside from maybe matte red, look same. Global chat? Yeah we fûcked that shît up. (Btw still got those 99 Muslims for sale) My guess is server over load all in an hour or twos time. The list goes on and on and ON. No hate geared towards you, just letting you know a few problems I've had.
    Plata o Plomo

La muerte a todos estafadores!!!
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    Did they revert back? I just checked my game, it's still at like 5.3.whatever. Mine has not updated, to 6.0, And it's a droid based tablet
  • Options
    db8kaydb8kay Registered Users 1,513 Posts
    its not forcing you to update, but lost an account by facebook so becareful
  • Options
    Ok will wait then, thank you
    db8kay said:

its not forcing you to update, but lost an account by facebook so becareful

• Options
    @crazyjr

You lucky mfkr
  • Options

@crazyjr

You lucky mfkr

If it auto updated, i'd be in the same boat, feel for you guys. really hope they resolve this issue
  • Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    @dwdtuning "no other company uses its player base to fields its testing" lol. I guess you never played a DeNa game then? Played Blood Brothers 2 for about two years and it still felt as if the game was still in beta. Glu should take notice though as DeNa west is now closing its doors and going out of bussines. I also do know there was several players that have spend around 100k on BB2 with the game just being shut down.
  • Options
    @JohnKIV actually I don't mate. I don't own any gaming systems or even a TV at my house. I'm not a gamer. I only play this app

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    What would help me out here is if a singular person collected this list.
  • Options
    @[rr] Foxx would that be y'alls job to make the post? Kinda like it was y'alls job to keep this disaster from happening again? And you ain't been on in months. Lol shows how bad the update really is

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @[RR] Foxx I did but they closed the thread
  • Options
    CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    Who the hell is @Roush Sport ???

• Options
    CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    I'm the friggin Clown...and am very unhappy

Graphics package is a joke
    Chat doesn't work
    Lag...Lag and more Lag
    Rims are all screwed up
    Can't join race lobby

Very aggravated... Spent lotsa money over the last 3 years for what is now absolute junk...No I didn't hafta spend money, but I did...just like countless others...would you spend $1000+ on a product that was gonna morph into sumthin completely different without bein told about it ? I think not

Quit defending them @Roush Sport ...you don't get paid as a mod... You are not a Glu employee...no need to kiss asss

• Options
    [RR] Foxx said:

What would help me out here is if a singular person collected this list.

http://videogamesunderground.com/rr-current-known-6-0-issues/

1 of 13 Devils

#VGUSesko
  • Options
    Caboose1744Caboose1744 Registered Users 13,341 Posts
    T5 grim rx8 has no wrap and now has t1 wheels jus add the wrap back pls lol keep the wheels I'll sell it as a t1
    What's up beautiful?
  • Options

T5 grim rx8 has no wrap and now has t1 wheels jus add the wrap back pls lol keep the wheels I'll sell it as a t1

Yea that was one of the things I was heart broken about. Really bused ass to get the one I had and now it's wrapless lol

1 of 13 Devils

#VGUSesko