Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Update Complaints

deboeldurodeboelduro Registered Users 1,632 Posts
edited November 2016 in Talk About Racing Rivals
dammit just when i start to get back into this game. and now this bullshytt. wtf glu? why dont u ask the customers their opinion before fuckking everything up.. even on my iphone 7 this shytt is slow as molasses :(.. i know all the members on this forum can relate. until u clowns fix this! i ain't spending a fuccking dime on this shyttt :(

Comments

• Options
    FORREST FORREST GULPFORREST FORREST GULP Registered Users 12,751 Posts
    So it's the clowns fault @CircusOfSins
  • Options
    ARES_NiiTROzzARES_NiiTROzz Registered Users 11,616 Posts
    poor clown. @CircusOfSins
    IGN:
    ARES NiiTROzz (one space in between)
    ARES NiiTROzz4 (one space in between)
  • Options
    AshoSpeedAshoSpeed Registered Users 4,151 Posts
    Ios version released its perfect non laggy and graphics are right. My droid however has optimization issues and more powerful then my iphone cmonnn man
  • Options
    ive heard people are having trouble with ios too
    IGN:
  • Options
    @ARES_NiiTROzz played on a 6 my droid is a lg xpower
  • Options
    the post I saw was about a 7 and he was lagging like hell
    IGN:
  • Options
    ScAMerzBewareScAMerzBeware Registered Users 6,301 Posts
    my s7 edge makes the game look like crap now. Super happy I came back 2 weeks ago to get sucked in just for this bs to happen
    IGN: s t 0 n 3 d
    Battle For The Trap

• Options
    simpy12simpy12 Registered Users 1,385 Posts
    My apple device is running it much smoother than my tablet I can say that.. but still few problems
    IGN simpy12
  • Options
    bsteaguebsteague Registered Users 5,815 Posts
    My s7 is good now that I turned off the advanced shaders
  • Options
    LongusMagnusLongusMagnus Registered Users 405 Posts
    No prob on iPhone 6s so device/connection speed may be the issue
  • Options
    My droid is now not lagging but still graphic issues and paint need to be fixed asap
  • Options
    CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    The Clown is gonna retire if I don't get my graphics back @FORREST FORREST GULP @ARES_NiiTROzz

• Options
    FORREST FORREST GULPFORREST FORREST GULP Registered Users 12,751 Posts
    I'm right there with you. @CircusOfSins
  • Options
    if I don't have my mustangs and my c coupe back to the way it was I'm selling my acc..
    IGN:
  • Options
    MariosaucedaMariosauceda Registered Users 33 Posts
    Yes as much money we spend here they should get it right instead of listening to guys like pigpen that doesn't even turf
  • Options
    RuttchenRuttchen Registered Users 4 Posts
    Racing Rivals R.I.P
  • Options
    @Mariosauceda. U mean bittch pen? Is amazing how bad this update is :( I'm retiring wtf glu:(
  • Options
    speakthelanguagespeakthelanguage Registered Users 19 Posts
    Honestly hate the new update. Glu just ruined this game for everyone
  • Options
    GuardonGuardon Registered Users 4,244 Posts
    Mine is running perfectly but I don't know about anyone else
    IGN:
    X CLASSIC X
    TUNER/TRADER
  • Options
    BlueSkyBlueSky Registered Users 1,896 Posts
    I can't private message anyone. I get an error every time I try to send one. Kind of annoying.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    You guys. It's not like we've never updated before. It's also not like everyone has threatened to quit if we don't fix things.

Each time, EACH time. We update, there are issues. There are just some things you can't test with a handful of people. When the game goes live to 100,000s? Things happen. Then we work through it. Then everything goes back to "normal". We're not sitting here doing nothing, we're looking into everything you guys are saying. We'll address what needs to be addressed and we'll keep on keeping on.

A little patience. We've all gone through this before.

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Many of the paints and rims are way off. You would think that would have been something that was running fine when they decided to release the update. Flake paint makes the car look like it's made out of glass that needs to be sanded. The track graphics, race graphics, and background look like a game from the late 90's. The tach is hard to read now. The race results and chat font are tiny and hard to read. And on and on!!!!
  • Options
    C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    edited November 2016
    Can you take out the gun shot sound at the start of a race? That throws you off and makes it sound like 1st gear hit the wall on cars with fast gears. That is so unneeded and annoying
  • Options
    Burnout671Burnout671 Registered Users 3,975 Posts
    Maybe u should see global all u see is everyone saying they're quitting and all loads of crap
  • Options
    XXXTENTAXXXTENTA Registered Users 5 Posts
    edited November 2016

You guys. It's not like we've never updated before. It's also not like everyone has threatened to quit if we don't fix things.

Each time, EACH time. We update, there are issues. There are just some things you can't test with a handful of people. When the game goes live to 100,000s? Things happen. Then we work through it. Then everything goes back to "normal". We're not sitting here doing nothing, we're looking into everything you guys are saying. We'll address what needs to be addressed and we'll keep on keeping on.

You can reply, dont care

But it's funny how you think saying that everytime you update that there HAS TO BE MAJOR ISSUES, it's like you justifying why you messed up, which is totally wrong. I see people waste money on this game, and this update is like a kick in the face. You get a sample of individuals to test your game??? Pull up your socks. This game is nothing but a dissapointment, no trading system, scammers galore, cash-grab and ads were introduced.. Even Pixel car racer if not par with this game, is better than this.
  • Options
    FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts

I believe the difference between GLU and other companies is that other companies fully BETA TEST their updates. History has shown that GLU does not do this. Even you, Ryyst, state above that every update has issues. These are major issues that require more work on your part and more frustrations for your users. This does not happen elsewhere, for the most part.

just remember this, its the USERS that sign your paychecks, not your boss. Without happy users, you have zero.
  • Options
    My shittt is still lagging:(
  • Options
    Boostaholic23Boostaholic23 Registered Users 76 Posts
    Im finding a bit more difficulty shifting perfect due to new effect on shift light.. Not sure if I'm the only one having issues launching with new shift light appearance.
    IGN:Boostaholic23
  • Options
    dahater75dahater75 Registered Users 74 Posts
    In fairness though he is right, even with beta testing there will be the unforseen
  • Options
    I guess will find out if they fix these bugs in time for turf