Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Racing Rivals 6.0 (Repost)

Comments

• C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Ditch global chat, Cars look pixelated, lag switching from screen to screen or car to car is ridiculous. Font is very hard to read and so is the dyno for hp and tq. Graphics during races look like a game from the late 90's. Also launching a car is difficult now and it's very hard to read the clear tach when shifting. Also the results and the end of the race are hard to make out. These are just a few of the problems encountered with the update.
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    Setting here playing on two different devices at the same time. One is on the old version and other is the updated version and I cant get over how bad the graphics look on the update. One the tablet with the updated is my farming device and the color of the orange Scion is so bad I cant put into words, the updated racing graphics are a huge downgrade and just look flat out terrible compared to the old. The only place I will say the graphics are not terrible (but I still do not like it compared to the old) is the home screen menu where you can select miltiplayer, turf, showdown etc.

Only positive I see from the update is the daily goals and the new dyno graph in the upgrade screen. Rest of all the update graphics are a massive step backwards and if the devs think different they need to step back and be honest and admit they did some horrible work. The fact they recommend that you turn off the advanced graphics says alot. I should not have to turn off, maybe you should of just have not made the crap graphics. Update would be great had they not of "improved the graphics".

Global chat is also garbage and just un needed function. So many scammers and just plan old a$$hats. If it is decided to keep the global chat give an option to have it not show up or removed (like your garbage graphic options)

Honest question Ryyst did they have any actual players test out this update and the graphics at all? If show what platers? How did they not say anything about the graphics? I highly doubt there was positive feedback at all on it. I will continue to play until I am forced to do the update then uninstal.

The best option I can see for the devs it to scratch the entire 6.0 update al together. Just add some of the features such as the rpm points on the dyno graphs and the daily goals to tge old version.
    Lol @BlitzChaos "They already said they are addressing the main issues of the game so give it a little time." The main issue with the update is the entire update. Only way they can fix it is just go back to the old version.
  • HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts
    edited November 2016
    [RR] Foxx said:

Part of the lag is going to be you downloading the new assets for cars etc.

We are monitoring/reviewing global chat for both lag, and how its used.

The "star wars" sound is adjustable so I agree that can tone down. Or even go back to the old one

The graphical update is really the big thing here. From our point of view this was going to be an update to our users, something we thought was a "player facing feature" meaning it was designed to be an improvement to overall experience. What this cost us, and what I can see in the feedback here is a sense of "style", in our haste to make the game "look better" we failed to look into our own brand and accept that we had a style which users liked. The other side effect of this is that overall costs went up, if you use new things you need newer devices. This is ending up downgrading the experience for a subset of our users, which is of course, not what we want.

I basically want you to know we are looking at it in detail, and while things like "just make it go back" arent that easy, especially when we want to pick and choose what goes back. That doesnt mean that it is off the table.

There are other issues and bugs we are also addressing but the core seems to sit around the car graphics.

I just sit and wonder, how its possible,,that you make some shitty blingy game, instead of look at playability. From how i see it, you invite players to council, and basicly makes things TOTALLY opposit of what they come up with. Just take the load friends thing, the idea was to press a friend and not should have to load his garage, to either chat or join. Well thats not how it came out. Whats the idea of inviting topplayers, if you dont listen to them anyway.

Its actully the same thing everytime you make an update. Couldten it just be badass if you for one time just got it down right? But AGAIN you send out some shit, that yet again lack ALOT of testing. I said it before, why dont you ignorants aint having things testet prober? Is it THAT difficult to have 250-500 guys betatesting it? But why should you bother? As usual you just make some left hand work, and we yet one more time have to wait for your no good coders to rewrite the shit they wrote in the first place,
    EDIT: I have a feeling you only testet it on some local servers, with highend devices. But even worse with some lame ignorants, that have no clue how this game should be. Why on earth wate money on a councill, when you dont wanna take some of the things the guys give you into the game? Just spoke to pigpen. He cant even launch the cars now:(

THIS IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH GLU... And i freaking hope this cost some heads at your office!!!
    YOU ACTULLY MANAGED TO **** THE GAME UP AGAIN. CANT SAY IM SURPRISED..

I know what i will do, get reemburstment from apple. They have good understanding and experience with your defective app. And gladly reemburse the players you screew over and over again:(

Regards HowIsThat
    EDIT 2... THERE MIGHT BE HELP.. GOOGLE THIS,, roll back to previous version of app ios
    AND SEE IF YOU CAN ROLL THE APP BACK TO 5,3 or what it was before
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @Foxx What I thought would be smart is do minor UI changes and just change the reflections (Which were seriously awkward) as well as the tracks and change the music (Which the new music is lit btw) and thats all that was really needed. But, what I feel the satisfaction of knowing in the next few weeks we will see improvement.
  • [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    Agree that the majority is around the cars. The trick is separating bugs from what was intended, as well as identifying different people on different tiers.
    ^^^^^^^^^lol
    "Agreed that the majority is around the cars"............really.........wow.........have you even been reading any of the feed back on the forums or on your playstore reviews? Is is not around the cars, it is on the whole "improved" graphics and looks of the ENTIRE game not just the cars. New race track looks like garbage compaired to the old, background looks like garbage, everything with the new graphics looks bad. Reason why I picked this game over the other racing games is the graphics was simple and clean, you guys completely ruined that altogether. I hope you guys wake up before you go the way of DeNa west.
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @JohnKIV The tracks look way better and agree more realistic and detailed, so your dumb for going there
    Okay @BlitzChaos. I am dumb for going there, same with every other review I have seen on the update. The new track is just as bad as the new look of the cars. Setting here on two different devices one on each version and I just cant not put into words how bad that track looks and that is on the better device for gaming.
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    I have not actually played, in over three months. Partly due to harrassing players (piggybackers), wanting to try to bully everyone into pinking. Partly due to the change in ratings, I have 150 cars of which about 70+ were turf ready before that major F up. With 6.0 as it is, i refuse to update. The game is pretty bad, if i were forced to update. I'd simply disable the app. I used to play two other games from GLU (dino hunter and a deer hunting one). Both were stopped, due to the FB dropping the unity engine. I tried to continue this one through a tablet. But right now, it's looking like a drop from my tablet, is in order.

Not sure if this is constructive, or helpful. Just know i'm not interested, in a downgrade. And everything i'm reading everywhere, points to you guys trying to kill the game. When you take everything posted or talked about, it actually makes sense. No company will talk about a new game, without it being in development. You guys talking about it, even to deny it, just adds fuel to the fire. Right now, i see it has you are souring the milk, on the tit. So the whales will run, to your next game
  • portugal2100portugal2100 Registered Users 49 Posts
    My device is a nexus 7, and game is lagging and graphics are quite different from older version, unfortunately I don't have graphics option in my menu, why is that?
  • dahater75dahater75 Registered Users 74 Posts
    Foxx,

I appreciate you taking the time to speak with us, and appreciate you taking some responsibility for this train wreck of an update.

I'm serious, u respect it so much more than evading the elephant in the room
  • traviss45traviss45 Registered Users 1,303 Posts
    LG G3 android 7 nougat (developers build)
    the graphics look pretty blocky, im sure you are working on it thoug, global chat really lags, and shifting is a bit slow. other than that, i like the layout. :)
    legit dealer, Trump sucks, IGN VIRUZ MODZ

• Riyaad01Riyaad01 Registered Users 89 Posts
    @[RR] Foxx

Most importantly "it lags when i... trying to launch car. There are other less important places ie trying to install parts and change from screen to screen. Also there had been times where during the race it shows me finishing 1st then right to the end I see a blur and the other guys car fly past. This is not cause his quick. I feel is cause of some lag and he may have been in front of me the whole time (even thou showed me in front)

We i understand this may have been a internet speed that influence this, I have to mentioned I never had this issue before and I am still using the same internet line/speed

FYI this is on my Samsung S5
  • 2thpic2thpic Registered Users 188 Posts
    2nd day of playing and i quit playing after 30 min.
    I was more frustrated after playing then before i started. most of the time it is my escape and a stress killer.
    if it doesn't improve i will be sad and getting rid of the game.

That means for those who know me, i will be giving all away if it comes to that.

The font... omg who the hell decided to make it so small? And once again the devs take all the feedback, throw it in the trash and develop their own game. Updates 3, 4, 5 and now 6 and we still have to load a players garage just to chat with them? This is something that has been talked about for years and yet here we are, 6.0 and nothing has changed. Next time you have a players council try not to bring in guys that kiss your ass, instead bring in real racers and actually pay attention to what they are telling you
  • EmoMatos50EmoMatos50 Registered Users 44 Posts
    Foxx, i used to play like 5 straight hours with my iPhone 6s (without overheat). Now, i play and the phone gets overheat and discharge like 40% or 50% quicker. Game is killing battery at 2 hours and a half; from 100% to 10%.

The game is consuming way much energy atm, my hands gets full of sweat (Is really difficult to get an iPhone 6s hot :()

Besides i have all the shaders, and graphics downloaded; have the download all option activated. So, isnt a trouble with loading content.

Fix this please ;)
  • ARES_NiiTROzzARES_NiiTROzz Registered Users 11,616 Posts
    Is it possible that you guys could do an optional graphics setup? @nobosoby mentioned it and it sounds like a great idea. Have it to where you can either keep it as the old graphics or put it as the new updated graphics. I'm sure that'll be harder on your phone and take up more space but I'm sure ALOT of people will prefer that as an option.
    IGN:
    ARES NiiTROzz (one space in between)
    ARES NiiTROzz4 (one space in between)
  • EmoMatos50EmoMatos50 Registered Users 44 Posts
    You guys need to improve battery life really; as a priority.

There's a lot of games like the GTA Series, CSR, Asphalt, that consumes less battery than RR and these games are way much bigger in aspects like the city, details, graphics, etc
  • portugal2100portugal2100 Registered Users 49 Posts
    My device is a nexus 7 tablet and for the last 2 hours i can't play because my tablet freezes when trying loading garage. I was just playing fine today and now this!!!!
    I'm trying other applications to see if tablet freezes aswell but and until now, no problem whatsoever.
  • XSTACKSXSTACKS Registered Users 1,862 Posts
    My phone is heating up after the update.(iPhone 7)
  • DownShiftDownShift Registered Users 304 Posts
    2thpic said:

2nd day of playing and i quit playing after 30 min.
    I was more frustrated after playing then before i started. most of the time it is my escape and a stress killer.
    if it doesn't improve i will be sad and getting rid of the game.

That means for those who know me, i will be giving all away if it comes to that.

Hello, can you tell me what problems you're seeing and what device you're playing on please?

My device is a nexus 7 tablet and for the last 2 hours i can't play because my tablet freezes when trying loading garage. I was just playing fine today and now this!!!!
    I'm trying other applications to see if tablet freezes aswell but and until now, no problem whatsoever.

@portugal2100 PM Sent for some additional info.
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    Out of interest my second device, an original HTC One so admittedly a bit of an old piece of crap now, just resets everytime I try to load the game.

Out of interest my second device, an original HTC One so admittedly a bit of an old piece of crap now, just resets everytime I try to load the game.

@RogerTheTodger Was it working fine previously on 6.0?
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    It autoupdated and loaded once - I think that was day one of update. It ran AMAZINGLY slowly so I just put it down went back to main device. The next day when I try to open RR the phone kept rebooting after a system error so I uninstalled and re-downloaded but does the same thing.

Android 5.0.2
    HTC Sense 6.0
    software number 7.19.401.51
    HTC SDK API Level 6.55

Although the HTC is an old phone, 6.0 runs OK on my third device - a Sony which is maybe one year newer but low end M model or something (certainly feels less powerful in general use and gaming than the older HTC). I'm just gonna transfer second account to that one if it doesn't start working on HTC before I can be assed to do that. Would be nice if it could run on HTC again sometime as its a nicer second gaming device than the Sony, but no biggie if that's that.

On a postive note the lag on my Galaxy S7 for most in-game functions is a LOT less than it was before the update. This is particularly noticeable when tuning multiple cars at the same time.

Daily challenges are a nice addition too and the actual racing is working fine for me. If car paints and font sizes/colours where sorted Id say it's actually a good upgrade.

Regarding the colours, one of our Kik Group members actually can't read it whatsoever to a colourblindness and the combination of colours used.
  • Abandoned8Abandoned8 Registered Users 3 Posts
    I cannot Talk to my friends 6.0 is a waste needs to go back to the 5.0 Racing Rivals
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

I cannot Talk to my friends 6.0 is a waste needs to go back to the 5.0 Racing Rivals

If everyone is updated to 6.0, chat is not a problem.
    @[rr] downshift is there a reason why you made everything in the game smaller? The tach, cars on the track, lights, text, font etc? Why shrink everything? Kind of hard to race when you can't see anything