Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

100 Million Dollar Call Out to C Y R U S

eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
edited November 2016 in Talk About Racing Rivals
C y r u s said:

Next time you have a player coucil it may be wise to get actual racers on there. Not a youtuber, some ex racers, a guy who pretty much only races for wr's and a guy who doesn't even race, just exploits the game for his on personal gain. Any actual racer would have ripped this update apart at the coucil. They would have had nothing but negative things to say about this version versus the other version..

I see you constantly talking crap about the people who took part in the Players Council. One of the main things you always harp on is that we don't race according to you. I'd like to call you out to either CTR or the new HotRod that was just released in a best of 10 race off. I'll put 100 million on the line and I would like for you to do the same. I'll stream the races and then post the full video on my YouTube channel.

What do you say?
www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
2015 Players Council Member
2016 Players Council Member
2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko

Comments

• Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    Hot damnn. Make it 63 turf cars and I'm game :p
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Options
    @c y r u s

Your needed, time to nut up or shut up ;)

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    Caboose1744Caboose1744 Registered Users 13,341 Posts
    I just nutted...... Looks like id rather nut up
    What's up beautiful?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    What's up beautiful?
  • Options
    @eXxPLoSiOn I don't think you can handle me in a ctr but I don't like taking money from people so I'll let you slide this time ;)
    What's up beautiful?
  • Options
    GuardonGuardon Registered Users 4,244 Posts
    @eXxPLoSiOn I have to agree with you... you gave your opinion and a valid one and in my opinion the update isn't so bad on my device. @c y r u s Any real racer would slate the game? That makes no sense. It's an opinion you can't change an opinion
    IGN:
    X CLASSIC X
    TUNER/TRADER
  • Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    edited November 2016
    Guys, let's just all hang tight and see if c y r u s responds or not. This is between exxplosion and cyrus.
  • Options
    FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    Just curious, what is the CTR and HotRod just released?
  • Options
    Fugyea said:

Just curious, what is the CTR and HotRod just released?

Now that I've been advised (thank you dwdtuning) - the CTR is the Honda Civic Type R, and the HotRod is more than likely one of the Hot Wheels cars (bone shaker perhaps)?
  • Options
    FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    ok, thanks for the info...
  • Options

@eXxPLoSiOn I don't think you can handle me in a ctr but I don't like taking money from people so I'll let you slide this time ;)

I have two devices one running the older version of the game and one with the newer. Let me know what version your on and we can link up for some fun runs if you want? I have a 1st place CTR on gold rims so I don't have any type of weight drop but it will hold it's own pretty well. I'm always down to run some CTR!

1 of 13 Devils

#VGUSesko
  • Options
    The_Rumor_TrollThe_Rumor_Troll Registered Users 140 Posts
    Lol @ us being a bunch of no talent princesses.
  • Options
    The_Rumor_TrollThe_Rumor_Troll Registered Users 140 Posts
    We were chosen because of what we do for the game, not what we do on the game
  • Options
    GuardonGuardon Registered Users 4,244 Posts
    C y r u s said:

Hey blitz I've been reading through your posts to Ryyst and downshift, I'm amazed you can find the time to post in the forums with you lips wrapped firmly around Glu's junk. When you become half the racer I am in this game we will talk til then just shut up and keep swallowing

this one had me how cocky can you be?
    IGN:
    X CLASSIC X
    TUNER/TRADER
  • Options
    Guardon said:

C y r u s said:

Hey blitz I've been reading through your posts to Ryyst and downshift, I'm amazed you can find the time to post in the forums with you lips wrapped firmly around Glu's junk. When you become half the racer I am in this game we will talk til then just shut up and keep swallowing

this one had me how cocky can you be?
    Lol define irony - being "cocky" , yet inferring that someone gives head.....
  • Options
    So that's a no to 63 turf car pinks and $$$ races? Lookn like ol @c y r u s ain't gonna make it and anything but turfs just don't wet me whistle.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    Ol salty Cyrus where art thou

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    outlaw905outlaw905 Registered Users 513 Posts
    Looks like Cyrus is no where to be found stay tuned as the search continue
  • Options
    2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    Really? A 100 million dollar race in a CTR or Hotwheels car....... pathetic. I've personally race with Cyrus on retirement home and if you'd like to race some real cars I'll gladly take his place since your such a badd asss racer @eXxPLoSiOn
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• Options
    Don't get me wrong, your probably amazing at drop launching a D class car that runs 9.7 but some of us big boys like to race real cars

• Options
    I wanna race, bring them turf cars :(

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    edited November 2016
    Wow guess you guys have been looking for me, Well here I am. So it's seems you took what I said to heart exxplosion. Sorry to hear that.

Would racing me validate you in some way? Would it make what I said a little less true? You think I took jabs at the entire council but if you read what I said, the only jab I took was at you.

Ex players... ya a few of them are ex racers who don't actively race in the community anymore. Nothing wrong with that!

A youtuber aka Pigpen. He mainly races to post videos to his you tube page. His page is very helpful to a lot of racers and beneficial to many. Rather than type all that up, instead I summed it up by saying youtuber.

A guy who tunes and races for wr's aka prodigal. Not knocking the guy at all for it. I've raced him many times and yes he's very fast.

And then the exploit... Yes this was a jab. You exploit the game in many ways. You helped with the cloning that devalued so many cars. You've scammed people for real money. Exposed glitches. You brought to light the farming glitch that flooded the game with rrc. And yet you post here and on your website about how we should take it easy on the company and how they try for us and how we should respect what they offer and so on.

See when you play both ends of the field your bound to piss people off. You can't have it both ways and not expect someone to point it out. Sorry if that pisses you off to the point of a call out on a forum. Thanks for the notoriety.

When I said actual racers I meant the majority of us who turf week in and week out. Those of us who tune, build and race every week. Those of us who see all the areas that need improving as we experience them on a daily basis. Those of us who have, and still do, race with top teams each and every week.

If you played the game that was released on Monday at the council meeting how could you not rip it apart? If this is what you got a preview of, how could you possibly back it? It's a mess. It's a horrible attempt at a generic racing game that's been done a hundred times over. What RR brought was originality. A game that set itself apart from the others. What we have now is a whole lot of "more of the same"

Sorry but 100mill rrc doesn't scare me or send me trembling. Racing you doesn't prove anything. Anyone who has raced with or against me knows what I'm capable of in the game. Don't need to prove anything to anyone. Sorry if I echoed what so many others have said.

As for blitz... he opened his mouth first with the name calling and stupid comments. So what I said, I don't regret. if you don't like people talking crap, maybe you should keep your mouth shut
  • Options
    kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    edited November 2016
    @eXxPLoSiOn my mom told me never to bet your lunch money in one go
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• Options
    kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    Ok now I'm died
    https://m.imgur.com/OiCygSf
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• Options
    edited November 2016
    C y r u s said:

Wow guess you guys have been looking for me, Well here I am. So it's seems you took what I said to heart exxplosion. Sorry to hear that.

Would racing me validate you in some way? Would it make what I said a little less true? You think I took jabs at the entire council but if you read what I said, the only jab I took was at you.

Ex players... ya a few of them are ex racers who don't actively race in the community anymore. Nothing wrong with that!

A youtuber aka Pigpen. He mainly races to post videos to his you tube page. His page is very helpful to a lot of racers and beneficial to many. Rather than type all that up, instead I summed it up by saying youtuber.

A guy who tunes and races for wr's aka prodigal. Not knocking the guy at all for it. I've raced him many times and yes he's very fast.

And then the exploit... Yes this was a jab. You exploit the game in many ways. You helped with the cloning that devalued so many cars. You've scammed people for real money. Exposed glitches. You brought to light the farming glitch that flooded the game with rrc. And yet you post here and on your website about how we should take it easy on the company and how they try for us and how we should respect what they offer and so on.

See when you play both ends of the field your bound to piss people off. You can't have it both ways and not expect someone to point it out. Sorry if that pisses you off to the point of a call out on a forum. Thanks for the notoriety.

When I said actual racers I meant the majority of us who turf week in and week out. Those of us who tune, build and race every week. Those of us who see all the areas that need improving as we experience them on a daily basis. Those of us who have, and still do, race with top teams each and every week.

If you played the game that was released on Monday at the council meeting how could you not rip it apart? If this is what you got a preview of, how could you possibly back it? It's a mess. It's a horrible attempt at a generic racing game that's been done a hundred times over. What RR brought was originality. A game that set itself apart from the others. What we have now is a whole lot of "more of the same"

Sorry but 100mill rrc doesn't scare me or send me trembling. Racing you doesn't prove anything. Anyone who has raced with or against me knows what I'm capable of in the game. Don't need to prove anything to anyone. Sorry if I echoed what so many others have said.

As for blitz... he opened his mouth first with the name calling and stupid comments. So what I said, I don't regret. if you don't like people talking crap, maybe you should keep your mouth shut

tl;dr, didn't think you would accept.

1 of 13 Devils

#VGUSesko
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I'm your huckleberry. How about my offer. Or @2HIPSI offer

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    @dwdtuning I don't play with s2ks in 63 but we can run some 68

• Options
    What cars do you guys race so I can buy one and get some practice in?

1 of 13 Devils

#VGUSesko
  • Options
    @eXxPLoSiOn any turf car 63, 68 lol. Really I only drive s2k re anymore.. found a nitch and I crush (:

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    I really only like racing max rating vehicles, I don't have many that are tuned down. I guess I could ask Daniel for some setups but most require no nitrous so won't have many if any to race :/

1 of 13 Devils

#VGUSesko