Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Device Support & Graphical Issues

Comments

• DownShiftDownShift Registered Users 304 Posts
    NASTYTHUG said:

Where are you guys with the lag issue? Why not stop global chat and see if that mistake is making the lag?

We have confirmed that global chat is not causing lag.

How about add the option to let the end user adjust the graphic setting.

I m on a Samsung tablet model tab pro 10.1 t520. I used to run awesome pre update. Now on 6.0, I'm lagging so bad just in garage view it feels like I'm at 10 fps. It's terrible, can't even race properly.

We are looking into adding an option for players to adjust graphic settings. A solution like that is not a quick fix though and will take us time to implement, test, and then push out a binary update.
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @[RR] DownShift before 6.0, Rivals ran silky buttery smooth (LOL) but now it's kinda odd cause it renders with ease but really it the FPS. I get like 20 FPS on average. And on top of that it freezes and gets choppy. And yes, after the servers weren't being stressed from downloads, it was much, much better. So really the only thing I see wrong with the update besides what I know is getting patched is the FPS, lag, and choppy gameplay.

@[RR] DownShift before 6.0, Rivals ran silky buttery smooth (LOL) but now it's kinda odd cause it renders with ease but really it the FPS. I get like 20 FPS on average. And on top of that it freezes and gets choppy. And yes, after the servers weren't being stressed from downloads, it was much, much better. So really the only thing I see wrong with the update besides what I know is getting patched is the FPS, lag, and choppy gameplay.

We're continuing to work on it, hopefully we'll have a fix soon for everyone.
    @DownShift sorry for the inconvenience

@DownShift sorry for the inconvenience

Not on you man, this is on us and we're working around the clock to fix it.
    @DownShift are you a he or she?
    @DownShift so I know how to refer to you if you know what I mean
    Hahahaha, I'll stay anonymous for now ;)
  • NASTYTHUGNASTYTHUG Registered Users 1,121 Posts
    @[RR] DownShift - OK just like I mentioned before...it's getting worse..now in my garages I can't even turn my car around with my finger. I get in a lobby and I race in turf...it freezes and restarts the game total bs...are the top teams having issues... probably not right? Just lost a 787b because of this crap...what is being done...this is what we mean by you "Glu" don't keep us informed on these issues...wow I've spent thousands on this game...I'm pissed that I cant even turf. Update us on this crap please!
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Here are some issues to work on. Font, tach, lights, cars etc are too small. Lag at launch makes a perfect launch nearly impossible. Graphics look like an early ps1 game. Shading and rendering isn't going to fix this. And to answer a previous question, no they are not gamers and no they do not play. No one who played any of the previous versions of this game would have tried this and said "hell yes this game is awesome"
    NASTYTHUG said:

@[RR] DownShift - OK just like I mentioned before...it's getting worse..now in my garages I can't even turn my car around with my finger. I get in a lobby and I race in turf...it freezes and restarts the game total bs...are the top teams having issues... probably not right? Just lost a 787b because of this crap...what is being done...this is what we mean by you "Glu" don't keep us informed on these issues...wow I've spent thousands on this game...I'm pissed that I cant even turf. Update us on this crap please!

We are working around the clock to fix both the performance and graphical issues.
    C y r u s said:

Here are some issues to work on. Font, tach, lights, cars etc are too small. Lag at launch makes a perfect launch nearly impossible. Graphics look like an early ps1 game. Shading and rendering isn't going to fix this. And to answer a previous question, no they are not gamers and no they do not play. No one who played any of the previous versions of this game would have tried this and said "hell yes this game is awesome"

The issues you're experiencing are actually directly related to the shading and rendering and these are the areas we're focused on fixing. As for the font and, tach, lights, etc. we're also looking into options but they are lower priority than the performance and graphic issues.
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    edited November 2016
    I'm on a Motorola moto g 4. Octo-core processor with 2 gig of ram and 32 gig of rom. The game loads fast but the lag in every part of the game is unbearable. I have to shift almost a full 1k before normal it even get close.. and forget about any r/t under .100. I can't even race and be competitive now.. PLEASE look at the moto G 4. PLEASE...
    I have all the graphix turned off also.. even though I shouldn't have to. This phone has way more power than the game requires.
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • kimmykimmy Registered Users 8 Posts
    i m using ipad 4 and no lag issue with previous version. after using 6.0.1, its hard to do perfect launch anymore. so i will stop playing until this problem solve.

I'm on a Motorola moto g 4. Octo-core processor with 2 gig of ram and 32 gig of rom. The game loads fast but the lag in every part of the game is unbearable. I have to shift almost a full 1k before normal it even get close.. and forget about any r/t under .100. I can't even race and be competitive now.. PLEASE look at the moto G 4. PLEASE...

I have all the graphix turned off also.. even though I shouldn't have to. This phone has way more power than the game requires.

The Moto G4 is on our list of devices to look at, please understand there are thousands of android devices that we're trying to mitigate this problem on right now.
    kimmy said:

i m using ipad 4 and no lag issue with previous version. after using 6.0.1, its hard to do perfect launch anymore. so i will stop playing until this problem solve.

We haven't seen an reports about iPad 4 issues until now. Can you let me know more about the lag you're seeing please?
  • kimmykimmy Registered Users 8 Posts

kimmy said:

We haven't seen an reports about iPad 4 issues until now. Can you let me know more about the lag you're seeing please?
    lag issue occur eg; cant turn my cars in garage smoothly, cant do launch properly (its kind of lag 500ms respond after my finger tap for launch & shifting, screen/page transition not smooth.
    kimmy said:

kimmy said:

lag issue occur eg; cant turn my cars in garage smoothly, cant do launch properly (its kind of lag 500ms respond after my finger tap for launch & shifting, screen/page transition not smooth.
    Thanks, I'll make sure the iPad gets looked at as well.
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    null
    Thanks man.. I've been here almost since the beginning.. I'll wait and hopefully it will be sooner than later.. lol thx again
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi

null

Thanks man.. I've been here almost since the beginning.. I'll wait and hopefully it will be sooner than later.. lol thx again

Sooner rather than later is our goal too.
  • XSTACKSXSTACKS Registered Users 1,862 Posts
    I have an iPhone 7 32gb.

1. my game lags
    2. my phone heats up in a few minutes of gameplay and I play many other high end games but my phone temperature remains normal.
    XSTACKS said:

I have an iPhone 7 32gb.

1. my game lags
    2. my phone heats up in a few minutes of gameplay and I play many other high end games but my phone temperature remains normal.

Hi,

Thanks for leaving feedback. Does it lag in the garage, showroom, race, etc?
  • NevesomoNevesomo Registered Users 10 Posts
    I have ASUS Zenfone 3 ze520kl
    Graphic became normal, not block. But fps vary low (10-15) in garage and race, lags in lounch and shift up/down
  • Dima84Dima84 Registered Users 548 Posts
    edited November 2016
    Hi guys I have an Samsung Galaxy Tab S 6.0.1
    Game lags like hell in garage and race forget it and the game it too dark for me.

Also have Samsung Galaxy 7 edge 6.0.1 / not laging in garage but in Race first and second race ok
    but 3rd lag like hell cant hit perfect start and the game dark like hell.
  • FAULK222FAULK222 Registered Users 19 Posts
    edited November 2016

As for the font and, tach, lights, etc. we're also looking into options but they are lower priority than the performance and graphic issues.

this is my main issue now for the most part my lag on both devices are gone (Samsung note 4 and bluestacks on acer aspire laptop)

the point of the game is to race for the best time but with the font on the results so small i cant even see what i ran being so small then the transparent background don't help at all

the cars in the lobby are to small it is hard to see them and the player messages in the lobby's are small hard to see and tucked up into the corner

the team area points are no longer in the highest to lowest order and you cannot see the team rank this is also a back step
  • NASTYTHUGNASTYTHUG Registered Users 1,121 Posts
    @[RR]DownShift... I just want you to thank Glu for me and my team for missing turf. Only one teammate can get into the game but it restarts his tablet after a 5 min wait to get in a turf lobby... thanks for that and letting the top teams once again get the opportunity to win huge this weekend....what a joke!
    NASTYTHUG said:

@[RR]DownShift... I just want you to thank Glu for me and my team for missing turf. Only one teammate can get into the game but it restarts his tablet after a 5 min wait to get in a turf lobby... thanks for that and letting the top teams once again get the opportunity to win huge this weekend....what a joke!

I'm very sorry to hear that you and your entire team is having this issue. Again, we are working around the clock to fix these issues (including this weekend). None of us get to rest until we've got you all back to where you should be.
    FAULK222 said:

As for the font and, tach, lights, etc. we're also looking into options but they are lower priority than the performance and graphic issues.

this is my main issue now for the most part my lag on both devices are gone (Samsung note 4 and bluestacks on acer aspire laptop)

the point of the game is to race for the best time but with the font on the results so small i cant even see what i ran being so small then the transparent background don't help at all

the cars in the lobby are to small it is hard to see them and the player messages in the lobby's are small hard to see and tucked up into the corner

the team area points are no longer in the highest to lowest order and you cannot see the team rank this is also a back step
    Aside from the performance issues, this is now something we're starting to dig into. Yesterday our Art Director and me starting grabbing various devices so we could try to recreate what some of you are seeing in regards to the small font, etc. and were unable to recreate the scenario. we'll have to give it a shot on the Note 4 and see what it looks like - thanks for that info. It would also be very helpful if you could get me a screenshot of what you're seeing.