Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Pretty disappointed, not only is 6.0 really bad......now I'm locked out

GOFastGarageGOFastGarage Registered Users 67 Posts
There is no way around this, force close and reopen and right back to this.
http://i.imgur.com/OsuDyl5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7jKv5xb.jpg

Although I know glu won't touch this with a 10 foot poll.........wonder if they have a 90 day return policy? Had I known RR was going to go in this direction I would have never spent a dime on this game the last few months.....and I won't anytime soon!!!

Comments

• Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    I can't even get past, the loading garage screen. Removed the game re DL'ed nothing works. at least you can see the garage

• Options
    @crazyjr
    Garage shot was when I tried selecting that car, now it gives me that message while loading.
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts

@crazyjr

Garage shot was when I tried selecting that car, now it gives me that message while loading.

same thing happened to me, went to switch cars, now it's locked
  • Options
    Still locked out, any way you guys can select a different car on my account so I can load the game? It didn't happen until I selected the javelin re. Tried everything with no luck.

http://i.imgur.com/WAPEsEp.jpg

I know tensions are running high, but would still like to thank @Ryyst and @Downshift . Past problems have always been handled in a timely manner. I think some just expect them to wave a magic wand and all the problems will go away. Another thing for anyone reading this, please don't get into the would've, should've, could've......were here already, as much as some of us don't like it, we can only hope they have read all of the comments and considering options that will appease the majority. I sure wouldn't want either of your jobs right now, or any other co worker for that matter......again, thanks guys (and gals) who are working to correct things!!

P.S. going back to my issue...I do understand this isn't a short cut to customer service(and I apologize), but I can't get on to reach them through the game either.
  • Options
    eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    edited November 2016

Still locked out, any way you guys can select a different car on my account so I can load the game? It didn't happen until I selected the javelin re. Tried everything with no luck.

I know tensions are running high, but would still like to thank @Ryyst and @Downshift . Past problems have always been handled in a timely manner. I think some just expect them to wave a magic wand and all the problems will go away. Another thing for anyone reading this, please don't get into the would've, should've, could've......were here already, as much as some of us don't like it, we can only hope they have read all of the comments and considering options that will appease the majority. I sure wouldn't want either of your jobs right now, or any other co worker for that matter......again, thanks guys (and gals) who are working to correct things!!

P.S. going back to my issue...I do understand this isn't a short cut to customer service(and I apologize), but I can't get on to reach them through the game either.

Both Ryyst and Downshift are great people who do what they can to help the game and it's community. Any time we have an issue it's one they feel also and when we are upset they feel the same way.

I'm not sure how it works on iOS, but on Android I would load another account and reinstall the game. Then try switching back to your account instead of the one that you used to fully load the game. Hopefully this will have loaded the files needed to display the car properly.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Thx @eXxPLoSiOn , unfortunately no luck. It loads the game and it runs fine (well it runs lol) when I try sign into my Google account it starts to load and gives me the same message as before. I'd have to say it's something about that darn car!

Edit) this is on android. And when I say loads the game...It loads a new one if I don't sign in right away, not my main account.
  • Options
    NotPhunnyNotPhunny Registered Users 54 Posts
    I can't start a trouble ticket from within my game as it just won't do anything but crash and reboot the pbone.
  • Options
    @NotPhunny I went on their website and did one
  • Options
    So did i. I have yet to receive a response.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

There is no way around this, force close and reopen and right back to this.

http://i.imgur.com/OsuDyl5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7jKv5xb.jpg

Although I know glu won't touch this with a 10 foot poll.........wonder if they have a 90 day return policy? Had I known RR was going to go in this direction I would have never spent a dime on this game the last few months.....and I won't anytime soon!!!

We're sorry you are experiencing this. Our team is working hard to resolve these issues. The state of the game right now will not be the "normal" state of the game. Our goal is to have the game run on 1000s of different devices without issue.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    crazyjr said:

I can't even get past, the loading garage screen. Removed the game re DL'ed nothing works. at least you can see the garage

We believe these are all related and our current build that we are testing should resolve many of these issues.

• Options
    @Ryyst Im sure you guys are pulling your hair out.......thanks for taking the time to respond and keeping us updated!
  • Options

We're trying our best! And believe me, we're reading all the feedback. First we want to get the game running smooth and then we'll go back and look at all the feedback regarding the game itself and go from there.

• Options
    NotPhunny said:

So did i. I have yet to receive a response.

The Customer Service team answers in the order tickets are received. As you can imagine, there has been an influx of tickets, so it may take longer than usual to get an answer. We apologize for any inconvenience that may cause.

• Options

@Ryyst Im sure you guys are pulling your hair out.......thanks for taking the time to respond and keeping us updated!

So much that I don't have any hair!

• Options
    @NotPhunny, give it some time....I just loaded and it let me in!!
    Looks like I might not need RR anonymous after all! Lol

A big thank you to @Ryyst or whoever helped!!!
  • Options
    I understand there are many with issues. Typically I get an automated response to let me know something is in the works. This time I received nothing.
  • Options
    No such luck for me. I'm still locked out of game and phone freezes and reboots loading garage.
  • Options
    @NotPhunny I didn't get one either.....be patient bud ;)
  • Options
    Alex_MwkAlex_Mwk Registered Users 4 Posts
    I just lost my Rx-7 GT spec with, matte purple paint and unique wheels in pinks because of lag, it ran smooth until i touched the pedal, then i had a.120 rt
  • Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    I hit the launch button on the second light some times and it gives me a .2rt instead of a foul. This lag is bs
  • Options
    BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @Ryyst You have facial hair
  • Options
    BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @Ryyst What does "Ryyst" stand for? Like I am dying to know
  • Options
    edited November 2016

@NotPhunny I didn't get one either.....be patient bud ;)

I ended up getting a trouble ticket. And then it was closed without the issues being resolved. DUH lol Why close a trouble ticket without resolution of the problem(s) contained within?