Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Racing Rivals 6.0 (Repost)

13Next

Comments

• CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    Had a slight bit of lag and choppy screen...images would click by instead of a nice steady flow...haven't raced in a couple days cuz of the crappy graphics so I'm not sure if the problems are solved yet...I know my paint and wheels are still horrible, although right now that is a separate issue...just wanted to add my phone to your list as I hadn't seen anybody mention one yet...ZTE ZMAX PRO

• moparman406moparman406 Registered Users 58 Posts
    Nothing been fix for any of my devices or any of my team mates and no really info about a fix for this update. Just same bla bla bla were working on it but for now please bend over and get screwed out of running turf
  • Speedy_RiderSpeedy_Rider Registered Users 3 Posts
    Damm GLUE!

So far I just played but now I have to say. This new version is immature beta. Im senior developer in ATM business and i know what i talking about. U miss at least 2 of 3 base use cases. U shoud know what players want:
    1) good tuning interface: interface is now faster and have good graph. great job! you're back to version 1-2 but car rating is still messed up. there is the problem u didnt fix
    2) launch without time lag. Here you are completely missed the point. Game is now unplayable for most of players
    3) shifting without time lag. Same thing. This is a racing game not fashion show
    4) boosted vs unboosted players. a lot of dissatisfaction appears here. u didnt touch this problem. put boost mark on boosted players or so...
    5) friend joiners are so boring that we can no longer play in the multy. put two multy lobbyes. for any rating and for legit rating. everyone shoud be happy
    6) Trading cars is mostly spamming now. Put a simple interface where players can arrange and certainly exchange cars or rrc

Thanks. I hope that ill u will fix this and ill can play your game again soon. For now game is unplayable on my Samsung galaxy S5 mini
  • DownShiftDownShift Registered Users 304 Posts
    C y r u s said:

@[rr] downshift is there a reason why you made everything in the game smaller? The tach, cars on the track, lights, text, font etc? Why shrink everything? Kind of hard to race when you can't see anything

What device are you playing on?
  • NASTYTHUGNASTYTHUG Registered Users 1,121 Posts
    my chat don't work...can't even global chat...lol
    NASTYTHUG said:

my chat don't work...can't even global chat...lol

What happens when you press the global chat tab when you go into the chat section?
    it freezes now...and can't turf either ...everything just restarts
    NASTYTHUG said:

it freezes now...and can't turf either ...everything just restarts

I might have missed this before, lots of separate conversations going on - what device are you using?
    same as I mentioned before....pixel xl, note 7 and nexus 7
    NASTYTHUG said:

same as I mentioned before....pixel xl, note 7 and nexus 7

Sorry, lots of conversations going on. I pushed a revert on the nexus 7 changes so that device should actually work now - seems like it's not though. We also pushed out some changes for Note 7 devices yesterday that should have made them render higher graphics. has the performance actually gotten worse for you or is it the same? Have you tried turning off the graphics settings on your Note?
  • 2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    The game graphics remind me of Contra...... Great job
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• Mr__Ryan352Mr__Ryan352 Registered Users 2,089 Posts
    Graphics all around are sucking at the moment if we are being completely honest, there was nothing wrong with them before..
    IGN: Turboracer352
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    Glu needs to set and look at the reviews they have on the playstore and firgure out if they want to keep this dirextion ir not. With the changes in this game they might as well of just made RR2 and closed down the old one. Smh
  • Abandoned8Abandoned8 Registered Users 3 Posts
    I want the Update before this one to come to back and true @C Y R U S everything is Off now
  • kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    "Fix"

Did yah see the quotes ? What ever that means :#
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    crazyjr said:

I have not actually played, in over three months. Partly due to harrassing players (piggybackers), wanting to try to bully everyone into pinking. Partly due to the change in ratings, I have 150 cars of which about 70+ were turf ready before that major F up. With 6.0 as it is, i refuse to update. The game is pretty bad, if i were forced to update. I'd simply disable the app. I used to play two other games from GLU (dino hunter and a deer hunting one). Both were stopped, due to the FB dropping the unity engine. I tried to continue this one through a tablet. But right now, it's looking like a drop from my tablet, is in order.

Not sure if this is constructive, or helpful. Just know i'm not interested, in a downgrade. And everything i'm reading everywhere, points to you guys trying to kill the game. When you take everything posted or talked about, it actually makes sense. No company will talk about a new game, without it being in development. You guys talking about it, even to deny it, just adds fuel to the fire. Right now, i see it has you are souring the milk, on the tit. So the whales will run, to your next game

Update on my game, the update was forced and i saw it this morning, it did not look bad, but it was different. From what i could see of it, That's right it no longer goes past, the loading garage screen. I have removed and reDL'ed the app, it still stops on the loading garage screen. This is my connected to FB account, also my only account. If i have to start over with a non connected account, i'll simply remove the app and lose this form as well. I have 2 years in this game buying and racing cars. if i have to start over GLU can F O for all i care. I'm done
    @[RR]DownShift ...it's horrible...nothing working on either device. Can't even get in a lobby the music sounds like a remix gone bad it horrible...then you actually think your gonna race and it freezes...I just want you to say thanks to your staff for letting us miss turf and a chance to get a cool car for once ...as always !
    JohnKIV said:

Glu needs to set and look at the reviews they have on the playstore and firgure out if they want to keep this dirextion ir not. With the changes in this game they might as well of just made RR2 and closed down the old one. Smh

Believe me, we're reading every word of every app review, FB post, and everything in here. We're working around the clock to get you all back up and running and happy with the look of the cars.
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    The more I try to play this turf after the force update the more upset I get. It is just not the graphics of the car it is the overall graphics of the game. When I open the cars in the garage they are tiny and very blurry compared to the older version and I cant even tell the difference between the cars. It is just as bad in the lobby, the cars are way to small and you cannot make out what kind of car it is. That section needs to be enlarged back up. Then the text is also way under sized, when trying to sort the cars the filters are way to small and hard to read.
  • FAULK222FAULK222 Registered Users 19 Posts
    edited November 2016
    JohnKIV said:

The more I try to play this turf after the force update the more upset I get. It is just not the graphics of the car it is the overall graphics of the game. When I open the cars in the garage they are tiny and very blurry compared to the older version and I cant even tell the difference between the cars. It is just as bad in the lobby, the cars are way to small and you cannot make out what kind of car it is. That section needs to be enlarged back up. Then the text is also way under sized, when trying to sort the cars the filters are way to small and hard to read.

this is exactly my point also the contrast and fonts are way to small on a phone my screen shoots on the other post are legible on a PC but way different looking at it on a phone at this point i could care less about the look of the cars fix the user interface
  • Alex_MwkAlex_Mwk Registered Users 4 Posts
    6.0 makes me wanna cry, its so bad, it reminds me of NFS Carbon on the first gen Nintendo DS.. I'm sorry but its just terrible.. My Mazda furai is now appears to be missing parts during races
    Alex_Mwk said:

6.0 makes me wanna cry, its so bad, it reminds me of NFS Carbon on the first gen Nintendo DS.. I'm sorry but its just terrible.. My Mazda furai is now appears to be missing parts during races

@Alex_Mwk Rest assured, things are not going to stay looking this way. We'll get it back as close to pre 6.0 as possible.
  • Steve wardSteve ward Registered Users 19 Posts
    Hi downshift,could u tell me if your looking into the lagging on the Samsung s7 edge as i cannot play the game as it is unplayable!!
  • tongyantongyan Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Hello...my game name (Tongyan) why banned my acc ??
  • db147db147 Registered Users 6 Posts
    JohnKIV said:

• db147db147 Registered Users 6 Posts
    Completely ruined all the cool cars. A Zonda can' beet a Focus!!! Really. Should have waited until 7.0 to release all the crazy cars going crazy fast with crazy graphics. I spent a lot of time and real money buying, upgrading and tuning cars. Now $1 a tune you can max a car in a day when it took me dayyyyyyys to earn cash and upgrade cars. I think glue took on a new audience and left the long time players to hang.