Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

When is the "force" update?

2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
I'm holding out on the update as everyone complains, when is the force update going to take effect?
OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

Comments

• Options
    HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts
    Hopefully never
  • Options
    GOFastGarageGOFastGarage Registered Users 67 Posts
    I agree, holding out as long as I can!
  • Options
    TheGangstaTheGangsta Registered Users 13,283 Posts
    Force update is already on Android. Not sure about iOS
  • Options
    1320_Killer1320_Killer Registered Users 2,283 Posts
    I'll probably quit , if I have to force update to that atrocity.

IGN : 1320killer
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @TheGangsta
    How do you figure? I'm on a S7 playing on 5.1
    But I was smart enough to go into Google play and turn off auto update
  • Options
    outlaw905outlaw905 Registered Users 513 Posts
    If you try to log in to your account by FB or Google play it forces you to update but if you make a new account and don't connect to anything it won't force you
  • Options
    Ironically just disconnected the from fb this past weekend, I had a wierd message during turf asking if I wanted free gems and if I was linked to fb. Teammates started telling me how people were being hacked through linked fb accounts and finding a empty garage.

But I'm still connected through Google play as far as I know.
  • Options
    ARES_NiiTROzzARES_NiiTROzz Registered Users 11,616 Posts
    I'm signed in on my google acc on my alt phone and I'm still with reg game not this horse shitt
    IGN:
    ARES NiiTROzz (one space in between)
    ARES NiiTROzz4 (one space in between)
  • Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    I was running the old version on my phone, then just tried to log in and the game gives me a pop up about the new version to download. I just deleted the game instead of doing the down load as I cant stand the 6.0 on my tablet.
  • Options
    2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    Yea I just received the force update also, I'm out. It's been fun for the last 3 years but I can't deal with the update, thanks everyone!
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    Later big Chief
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    edited November 2016
    Just tried to open the app, on my driod based tablet. Yes tried, because after doing a few vids and an offer it stopped and will not open.

Thank you for forcing an update that has locked the app from my use. I am currently afraid to remove and reDL due to people losing their FB Linked accounts, so i guess i'll never find out how it works. I can't even put in a support ticket as the app will not go past loading garage.

You guys really need, to learn to code better. Or Fire the F'ing chimp, you got doing it.

I have never rated RR, but right now i'm giving it a 0, on the google play store. Due to not even able to play it, Thank you for ruining, my gaming experience with this game

Edit: had nothing to lose, uninstalled and re DL'ed. It is still shutting down, in the loading garage screen. Since i can't send a ticket to GLU i have sent my grievance to google play and hope they will contact you
  • Options
    DownShiftDownShift Registered Users 304 Posts
    crazyjr said:

Just tried to open the app, on my driod based tablet. Yes tried, because after doing a few vids and an offer it stopped and will not open.

Thank you for forcing an update that has locked the app from my use. I am currently afraid to remove and reDL due to people losing their FB Linked accounts, so i guess i'll never find out how it works. I can't even put in a support ticket as the app will not go past loading garage.

You guys really need, to learn to code better. Or Fire the F'ing chimp, you got doing it.

I have never rated RR, but right now i'm giving it a 0, on the google play store. Due to not even able to play it, Thank you for ruining, my gaming experience with this game

Edit: had nothing to lose, uninstalled and re DL'ed. It is still shutting down, in the loading garage screen. Since i can't send a ticket to GLU i have sent my grievance to google play and hope they will contact you

I'm sorry to hear about your problem, this is one of the issues we are looking into. You can submit a ticket through the web as well:

https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/racing-rivals/?s=account-related&p=web
  • Options

crazyjr said:

I'm sorry to hear about your problem, this is one of the issues we are looking into. You can submit a ticket through the web as well:

The problem is, i do not have my account number. How can i submit without it?
  • Options
    DownShiftDownShift Registered Users 304 Posts
    crazyjr said:

crazyjr said:

We're you logged into facebook, Google Play, or Gamecenter? They can find your account that way.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

crazyjr said:

crazyjr said:

We're you logged into facebook, Google Play, or Gamecenter? They can find your account that way.
    I DL'ed blustacks, just to see how things are. It actually worked and the game itself, is a massive downgrade from the Version 5 game. the graphics are like mario cart threw up on CSR. And the music sounds like Herbie Hancock, throwing up on Bobby Mcfaren. Honestly i'm thinking even if you get the game fixed, the look and sound is a major turn off to me. It is nothing, NOTHING, like the game i first fell in love with.

BTW, my account is attached to both googleplay and FB, but i'm not going to dig out the account number. If it's fixed great, if not that's about 1 gig off my tablet memory. Thanks for the memories and the friends i made, but i think the game officially died this weekend
  • Options
    C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    This game was great. It was so much fun and I'm sure many agree. This update just doesn't have that appeal. If I were to download this game for the first time today I'm sure I would get passed the intro and tutorial and just think "eh!!! Just another racing game" and delete the app. It looks generic now and the actual game play is choppy and just isn't sharp anymore. It isn't a fresh game anymore. It's so much like all the other racing games out there.
  • Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    Agreed @c y r u s the old version was simple, clean and sharp looking interface and graphics. New interface kills me more than the graphics. The bottom menu bar in the race lobbies and garage needs to be 33-50% larger as I cant see what the heck the cars are. Also the engine damage display is so unclear compared to the old one. The menu and font of the game is so hard to read compared to the old version, needs enlarged a tad and bolded as the letters are so skinny I have to strain to see. Didnt have to on the old. Even if the graphics are fixed there is so much other things I dislike compared to the old version.

Message to GLU do not "fix" what is not broken.
  • Options
    FATBOBMXFATBOBMX Registered Users 186 Posts
    edited November 2016
    I don't think 6.0 was intended as an improvement rather than a fix (unlike the lobby reclassification debacle in the spring/summer). I for one welcome the efforts to try to improve the game and hope the constructive criticism leads to improvement of the improvements. I agree that the new fonts and the background makes it hard to read a lot of the content on my iPhone 6, but game seems to run pretty well, maybe a function of my phone's storage capacity. I share the observation that global chat is nothing more than an unnecessary distraction offering a forum for scammers and childish comments about other racers' mothers