Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Game killer 6.0

moparman406moparman406 Registered Users 58 Posts
Super slow frame rate.
Only chat that seems to work is world chat or spam chat.
Game lags all the time even when chat is dead.
Game now looks like a cheap non playable version of CSR.
matte paints gone or look like crap.
Wheels now are different colors.
No options to adjust graphics or shut off spam chat.
Can't change text on team page or manage team.
Wait times for races to start been up to five minutes now. Geting worse as time goes on.
This crap is happening on 4 different accounts on 4 different devices.
Some are saying they got gems and trade garages but haven't seen it on any of my 4 accounts on 4 different device

Comments

• Options
    Don't forget to rate game 1 star and watch glu stock price tank
  • Options
    MOTORHEAD71MOTORHEAD71 Registered Users 212 Posts
    Would be great if we could turn off/ disable Global Chat in the settings.
    I don't want to change the World,
    I just want to leave it colder
  • Options
    DownShiftDownShift Registered Users 304 Posts

Super slow frame rate.

Wait times for races to start been up to five minutes now. Geting worse as time goes on.

Some are saying they got gems and trade garages but haven't seen it on any of my 4 accounts on 4 different device

@moparman99 What device are you using to play?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    null
    @[RR] downshift
    I'm using a sero 8 rr only game on it also using HTC onex also only game on it also using two RCA model# rct6773w22b samething rr only game on devices
  • Options
    Also just had my tournament tokens removed
  • Options
    scr383scr383 Registered Users 11 Posts
    Playing on a iPhone and every screen is lagging! Need to be fixed.
  • Options
    Yes it should been days now with no real results and turfs about to start with only like hand of players base able to run at 100%.
  • Options
    Abandoned8Abandoned8 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Glu Bring 5.0 BACK 6.0 is a waste don't be like everyone else be the game your players want to play and 6.0 ain't it our timing is off so much . 5.0 5.0
  • Options
    MOTORHEAD71MOTORHEAD71 Registered Users 212 Posts
    scr383 said:

Playing on a iPhone and every screen is lagging! Need to be fixed.

I also play on a iPhone (6s), after I did the update I was having lag issues and my RT was suffering. I deleted the game from my phone and reinstalled. The lag issue went away and my RT is back to normal (when I can hit the launch). Those smaller lights really suck a$$! The update overall still needs fixed but at least I can play like normal.
    I don't want to change the World,
    I just want to leave it colder
  • Options
    Yet another day and still no anwsers or info on a real fix. And still nobody claiming there game has gotten any better but a lot claims it's getting worse. What's the deal glu?
  • Options
    Speedy_RiderSpeedy_Rider Registered Users 3 Posts
    Damm GLUE!

So far I just played but now I have to say. This new version is immature beta. Im senior developer in ATM business and i know what i talking about. U miss at least 2 of 3 base use cases. U shoud know what players want:
    1) good tuning interface: interface is now faster and have good graph. great job! you're back to version 1-2 but car rating is still messed up. there is the problem u didnt fix
    2) launch without time lag. Here you are completely missed the point. Game is now unplayable for most of players
    3) shifting without time lag. Same thing. This is a racing game not fashion show
    4) boosted vs unboosted players. a lot of dissatisfaction appears here. u didnt touch this problem. put boost mark on boosted players or so...
    5) friend joiners are so boring that we can no longer play in the multy. put two multy lobbyes. for any rating and for legit rating. everyone shoud be happy
    6) Trading cars is mostly spamming now. Put a simple interface where players can arrange and certainly exchange cars or rrc

Thanks. I hope that ill u will fix this and ill can play your game again soon. For now game is unplayable on my Samsung galaxy S5 mini
  • Options
    They don't seem to be doing much of anything asking for spec of our devices then not replying back no noticeable changes all week besides there rating and stock prices dropping
  • Options
    SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    I just noticed they are public traded and they taken a beating this week, wonder why
  • Options

Also just had my tournament tokens removed

Please open a CS ticket for you r tournament issue.
  • Options

They don't seem to be doing much of anything asking for spec of our devices then not replying back no noticeable changes all week besides there rating and stock prices dropping

I'm sorry if you expected a super quick turn around, but that's just not how these things work.
    1. We have to first investigate and we may not have your device in house. at that point, we have to take a look at how many players are actually using that particular device and see if it's worth the time to order and then we wait. Please understand there are literally thousands of Android devices and it's impossible for us to have everything on hand. This is the same for every mobile developer.
    2. If we have the device, we have to try and reproduce and then debug the issue which is easier said than done 99% of the time.
    3. If we're lucky and are able to get a 100% repro on the issue, we'll then start the fix. depending on the complexity this could range from and hour to days to weeks.
    4. After the fix has been put in, we have to test it which, at a minimum, takes days. Especially right now with all the other issues, we have to be extremely thorough.
    5. Assuming it passes testing, we then have to go through a submission checklist (more testing) and the finally submit. Google is usually pretty quick in their turnaround but Apple can take weeks sometimes.
    Ultimately, the best case Ascension is that I can identify an issues as a back-end problem and push an update much quicker, but even that takes multiple days 99% of the time.
  • Options
    @[RR]downshift
    Yeah I understand and keep hearing same stuff. I'm sure you guys are working hard trying to save the game. But I also understand that most are getting screwed out of turf does glu? And for the ones getting screwed we will continue to be upset and complaining. so what glu may give everyone a few gems great still don't make up for not being able to run for turf car. If I had to make call I would just have pulled showdown and turf this week then there would be really no reason to be upset give glu a week to fix easy but whatever turfs already screwed for most. Big question is will game be playable for showdowns and turf next week? And why can't we all just get graphic options and an off button for chat?
  • Options
    CoorzmanCoorzman Registered Users 54 Posts
    on an iPhone 6S, the chat text is VERY hard to read.

On the topic of the Boost notification, there should be something like how you set your betting preference except for boosts, where you can set boost, no boost or leave it off where either can be used. a player challenging you will get a notification this is set (if it actually is) and boost will be either turned on or off depending on how the preference is set.
    IGN is G Bubs
    Co Leader of F U K A Turfcar
  • Options
    Racing_Rivals_StoreRacing_Rivals_Store Registered Users 257 Posts
    @Speedy_Rider Putting marks on the boosted and unboosted will decrease the competition

• Options
    deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts

Super slow frame rate.

@moparman99 What device are you using to play?
    stop making excuses as to what device it is. Get the point that it's your game period! The update stinks! Fact is the game looked good on 5.0. Now it's 6.0 and you guys failed. stop it.
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts

@Speedy_Rider Putting marks on the boosted and unboosted will decrease the competition

Why should i waste my time racing boost freaks. also my cars damage? rather know what the other guys are doing. This is a major reason i quit racing outside of the bots in lobby's