Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

6.0 problems

moparman406moparman406 Registered Users 58 Posts
I'm having the same issues on five different android devices.

#1 have no options to adjust graphics

#2 can't reply to pms or change text on team page

#3 matte paints are gone or look like crap

#4 world chat lagging game not to mention probably the last thing anybody wanted.

#5 not sure but have been told there's trade garages now available and it cost gems. Well not available for all and not sure why anybody would pay glu to do something we all been doing from the start for free in fb groups.

#6 having major issues with lag while trying to race. Races take a few min to start.

Among other minor issues and beside RR now looks like a cheap laggy not 100% working version of CSR. what can I do to fix this so game is somewhat playable again and the whole bs about the game downloads more stuff the more you play isn't working. Between my kids and myself we been playing almost nonstop with no change besides lag gets a lot worse when world chat or spam chat is busy

Comments

• tequileros97tequileros97 Registered Users 911 Posts
    edited November 2016
    I agree, global chat really isn't needed, especially since there's a lot of horrible content there right now.

Also, the graphics need a lot of work because they've made the game a lot slower for many devices now that the graphics have been amped up. Even my iPad that ran RR butter smooth shows slight lag on the menu screen after the 6.0 update.

One last thing to add, sometimes when I do tournaments I get stuck on the loading screen when I try to join a lobby, so I have to restart the game. When I do restart however, the game takes me straight to the tournament lobby that I was supposed to join and it tells me I lost the tournament.
  • R4NK1NDUD3R4NK1NDUD3 Registered Users 596 Posts
    I don't have option to adjust graphics on my iPad or iPhone 7.
  • ac3sac3s Registered Users 1,186 Posts
    I cant even get pass loading garage
  • moparman406moparman406 Registered Users 58 Posts
    Still no change in game play or forced restarts so that BS glu is telling us to just play more and it gets better is wrong
    Dont forget to go rate the game 1 star and love watching those glu stock prices tank
  • SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    My review has been added and it's not the best review
  • dukedeathdukedeath Registered Users 146 Posts
    edited November 2016
    I cant get past my garage eather
    Well came on today had tournament tokens joined one sat in lobby alone for like 5min left lobby and all tokens gone. Game still pretty much unplayable tried racing a lambo by the time I could rev race countdown was already at 2. Sure hope this is fixed before turf or they should just give everybody free t100 claim or postpone this week's turf
    Well yet another day and still no info on a real fix and no change to game play all week sure looks like glu is working on it jk must be why world chat is still non-stop crying and players asking for protest of game
  • DownShiftDownShift Registered Users 304 Posts

Well yet another day and still no info on a real fix and no change to game play all week sure looks like glu is working on it jk must be why world chat is still non-stop crying and players asking for protest of game

The only real info I can give is that we are working around the clock to fix the issues people are reporting. Our goal is to push out a fix as soon as we can but we also need to be 100% sure what we push doesn't make things worse. That takes time.
  • possumownagepossumownage Registered Users 32 Posts
    Thanks downshift a lot of people need to stop gripping it gets old.I know you guys are working hard to fix.Once again thank you all.
  • CUSTOMPIRATE23535CUSTOMPIRATE23535 Registered Users 13 Posts
    I LIKE THE NEW LOOK TO THE GAME BUT FOR SOME REASON I GET ERRORS SAYING UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD GAME CONTENT THEN REBOOTS THE GAME IS IT A COMMON ISSUE I NOTICED THERES ALOT OF LIGHT LAGGERS IN THE GAME IS THERE POSSIBLY A FIX FOR THAT SAME WITH GHOST SHIFTING
    Grip all ya want if you're game isn't able to turf seems pretty fare its called learn from your past glu's history with updates are not the best not even close so yeah let's do an update most won't be able to use and kill turf for most this week only ones I'm even seeing in lobby are self crushers right so yeah if I have money invested ill grip everyday all day tell its fix kinda my right as soon as I spent money on game
    My started doing the download error reload right after they told us to turn on download all
    null
    @[RR]DownShift you asked for info on my device I gave them to you and never heard anything back were they added to some list or something and who do I ha e to suck off to get graphic options and an off bottom for world chat
    My download all is on but the error keeps popping up on me is there a fix for it
    I'm about to force stop the app and reload it

null

@[RR]DownShift you asked for info on my device I gave them to you and never heard anything back were they added to some list or something and who do I ha e to suck off to get graphic options and an off bottom for world chat

@moparman406 Apologies for not responding back to you, lots of conversations on here. Every device people are posting on here get's add to my "investigate" list.

I'm about to force stop the app and reload it

@CUSTOMPIRATE23535 Did you have any luck?
  • sardin tinsardin tin Registered Users 9 Posts
    this games already dead... very bad graphic like an old school hames 1970 lol.... laging like hell.. all my matte car looking like monkey also... leave this games... good by racing rivals.. you kill ur self..
    Same here this is getting annoying and won't stop pooping up and now I am having issues with joining a tournament saying I lost connection prior to tournament starting when y connection is full and it's B's and needs to be fixedsoner rather then later please these errors r pissing me off

Same here this is getting annoying and won't stop pooping up and now I am having issues with joining a tournament saying I lost connection prior to tournament starting when y connection is full and it's B's and needs to be fixedsoner rather then later please these errors r pissing me off

@CUSTOMPIRATE23535 If you have "download all" on try turning it off. I had this on my personal device and while I wasn't getting the reload message all the time, it completely went away once i toggled it off. We're looking into the actual problem here, but hopefully that can get you past this. If you can't get into the garage, you'll have to wait until we figure out what assets are causing this problem.
    @moparman406 to fix the unable to download game content simply uninstall and reinstall the app if your account is linked to google and Facebook you won't lose it as long as u login with the same Goole or Facebook linked with that account
    @rrdownshift thanks I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and the issue was resolved thanks for the tip
  • NotPhunnyNotPhunny Registered Users 54 Posts
    I wish that such a simple fix worked for me. My phone reboots when I try to run the game. NEVER had that happen with any game I've ever had on any of my phones.
  • treebstreebs Registered Users 44 Posts
    Good afternoon. Following this thread I know there are a lot of issues going on with paint, rims, etc... but I cannot even log on. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it didn't work. I have (2) Android max phones. I reach my garage and then the phone reboots. How can I solve this? Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
    treebs said:

Good afternoon. Following this thread I know there are a lot of issues going on with paint, rims, etc... but I cannot even log on. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it didn't work. I have (2) Android max phones. I reach my garage and then the phone reboots. How can I solve this? Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

@treebs Please open a CS ticket for your issue. If this is related to the general reload problem we're working on I'm hoping to have a fix out tomorrow.
    edited November 2016
    How to open a trouble ticket if you can't get into the game?
    NotPhunny said:

How to open a trouble ticket if you can't get into the game?

@NotPhunny https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/racing-rivals/?p=web
    Well I did that and haven't received any response