Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Ryyst's Blog #6 - Six Point Oh

Comments

• DownShiftDownShift Registered Users 304 Posts
    Coorzman said:

Slxyarh said:

im currently on iphone 6 my game works fine but that's the issue at the moment

This an issue we're still trying to track down. We're hoping to have it fixed in our next update which will be soon if testing goes well.
    I had this issue on my iPhone 6S while running IOS 9.3. I finally updated to 10.1 and it fixed the issue with crashing when trying to go to the shipyard. I went as far as deleting and reinstalling the game first and rebooting the phone.

Seems like it was related to graphics crashing because there was a brief moment where the shipping container animation would start and it would freeze for a second, but when it froze for that split second the graphic was pixelated.
    Very interesting that it works after the OS update...I will add that to our list of things to check.

Thank you for the response. Sorry downshift i was not sure how to tag you.

all good, you an always just @ me or send me a direct message.
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    What I don't get. What I can't wrap my brain around is why Glu is pushing forward with the current version when it is very clear that most people do not like it. Apps are a customer driven market and if you continue to piss off the customer, they will go elsewhere. All the problems with this update and you still release new content? Sorry but to me that seems like putting $5000 rims on a $200 car. Really doesn't make sense
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    Can't raise bets...at all

Can't raise bets...at all

This is the first I've heard of this, can you please describe in detail what you're seeing?
  • deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    C y r u s said:

What I don't get. What I can't wrap my brain around is why Glu is pushing forward with the current version when it is very clear that most people do not like it. Apps are a customer driven market and if you continue to piss off the customer, they will go elsewhere. All the problems with this update and you still release new content? Sorry but to me that seems like putting $5000 rims on a $200 car. Really doesn't make sense

I agree but Glu doesnt care about that. They're moving forward no matter what because THEY feel it's the best direction. Even though it's not. It's simply not fun anymore. Pride keeps many companies from admitting failure and later when they fail and the game sinks they still won't admit it.
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    Can't scroll thru betting options...scroll stays static and doesn't move

• [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    deezy24 said:

C y r u s said:

I agree but Glu doesnt care about that. They're moving forward no matter what because THEY feel it's the best direction. Even though it's not. It's simply not fun anymore. Pride keeps many companies from admitting failure and later when they fail and the game sinks they still won't admit it.
    We're sorry players feel that way, it's not our intention. We did feel this was a good direction for the game, in the gaming industry, it's always about moving the game experience forward. For us it was updating the game to take advantage of newer technology and the power of today's devices.Certainly, we see that our rollout wasn't the best. We're doing what we can to rectify that, however we do still feel that Rivals 6.0 has a lot to offer and this point we don't think everyone has actually been able to experience the update for what it is. There are players that have no issues whatsoever and they love the update. Paint, wheels, latency... all that is not what the update is, they are issues, issues we are working hard to fix so that everyone can play the game the way we always intended.

Now, that doesn't mean we aren't "listening" to player feedback. In fact I have a pretty huge list of feedback regarding the update itself minus the issues. Everything from music and sounds to UI and text. We'll tackle all that once we've worked out the things preventing you all from fully experiencing Rivals 6.0. Once the game is running smooth, we hope you all take a look again at the new features and look, then if you still feel that way, let us know what you like and don't like. We're open to change.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Mr Alvin72Mr Alvin72 Registered Users 54 Posts
    Ryyst.. fix the points board for the team. I need to know who's leading my team in points and who's not making min. Also team rank doesn't show on the board also

deezy24 said:

C y r u s said:

We're sorry players feel that way, it's not our intention. We did feel this was a good direction for the game, in the gaming industry, it's always about moving the game experience forward. For us it was updating the game to take advantage of newer technology and the power of today's devices.Certainly, we see that our rollout wasn't the best. We're doing what we can to rectify that, however we do still feel that Rivals 6.0 has a lot to offer and this point we don't think everyone has actually been able to experience the update for what it is. There are players that have no issues whatsoever and they love the update. Paint, wheels, latency... all that is not what the update is, they are issues, issues we are working hard to fix so that everyone can play the game the way we always intended.

Now, that doesn't mean we aren't "listening" to player feedback. In fact I have a pretty huge list of feedback regarding the update itself minus the issues. Everything from music and sounds to UI and text. We'll tackle all that once we've worked out the things preventing you all from fully experiencing Rivals 6.0. Once the game is running smooth, we hope you all take a look again at the new features and look, then if you still feel that way, let us know what you like and don't like. We're open to change.
    Thank you for taking the time to reply I do appreciate that. As a long time player of the game I just don't get why the major conversion. I understand the need to evolve in the gaming industry but contrary to the belief "change is good" not ALL change is good. To be honest Racing Rivals was the best racing app because the pinks option it provides in the game. While CSR Racing 2 is a far better looking game they lack the multiplayer portion due to bugs and NO pinks option which makes the game a single player campaign only and then done playing type of game. Racing Rivals has a lot to offer but what good is it when the graphics and rims simply don't even look as good as the 5.0 RR? Understanding that Glu has to fix many things I'll still be checking out the game in hopes that the issues will be fixed. For now I log in and find myself not wanting to play just after logging in. I look around to see what my team is doing then I log off. It's not there for me anymore but hope it'll change soon and Racing Rivals is fun again. Thanks again for taking the time. -cocoabiscuits
  • Alex_MwkAlex_Mwk Registered Users 4 Posts
    I lost my 1679 rx-7 GT spex with matte purple paint and unique rims because of lag at launch in pinks
  • NASTYTHUGNASTYTHUG Registered Users 1,121 Posts
    @[RR]Ryyst- can you look at my account please...this is ridiculous that I am still having issues with this update on a nexus 7, pixel xl and note 7. Everything is wrong and not to mention now I can't race since the beginning of turf. All my devices seem to reload after I get in a lobby...graphics suck...lag is still a big problem even tho i'm still in my garage...can't get half of my options to come up on the screen. IGN: N A S T Y (2 spaces) in between.
    NASTYTHUG said:

@[RR]Ryyst- can you look at my account please...this is ridiculous that I am still having issues with this update on a nexus 7, pixel xl and note 7. Everything is wrong and not to mention now I can't race since the beginning of turf. All my devices seem to reload after I get in a lobby...graphics suck...lag is still a big problem even tho i'm still in my garage...can't get half of my options to come up on the screen. IGN: N A S T Y (2 spaces) in between.

Most of those things we are still working on, yo uare not alone. We are working as fast as we can, but we also nee dto make sure our fix doesn't break anything else. As for the reloading issue, make sure you have "Download All" turned off for now, that may help.

NASTYTHUG said:

we pushed out a backend fix just a bit ago that should resolve the reload issue.

NASTYTHUG said:

we pushed out a backend fix just a bit ago that should resolve the reload issue.
    @NASTYTHUG , please let us know if that backend fix helped with the reloading, thanks!

• HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts
    @ryyst or downshift. I got a guy on team that lost his account after update, it was linked trouh facebook, and now its some lame noob account he gets into. He dreew a ticket, answer from support says his main account aint exsisting which is odd.. The name of the account is steffke193 and he had it for 3 years and it darn well exsist:) i got his facebook name as well. But will only send it in a pm. Can one of you please look i to this. Thanks in advance
    Howisthat
  • NASTYTHUGNASTYTHUG Registered Users 1,121 Posts
    @[RR]Ryyst, I've done what you have asked and nothing has changed...the DOWN LOAD ALL button has been turned off. Restarted and nothing has changed. Now the music cuts out and when I do get in the lobby, not only does the music lag but as soon as I launch it still crashes.
  • errick2109errick2109 Registered Users 38 Posts
    IGN errick2109
    Hey sorry to bug ya I understand you guys are doing a lot with the new update all over again but I was just curious if you were able to look into the not notifying on pinks few days ago I was racing in my GMC syclone and lost it and didn't know it was a pinks race wasn't able to report it in game but I did put post a few days ago on here on the brighter side it is slowly to smoothing out on the players end

IGN errick2109

Hey sorry to bug ya I understand you guys are doing a lot with the new update all over again but I was just curious if you were able to look into the not notifying on pinks few days ago I was racing in my GMC syclone and lost it and didn't know it was a pinks race wasn't able to report it in game but I did put post a few days ago on here on the brighter side it is slowly to smoothing out on the players end

Hey, yeah we're doing an initial fix with the notification fading out too soon. We may do more in the future but this is a first pass.
    null
    thx for the quick reply I figured I was just out the truck it is what it is but I wanted you guys to know about that cuz I didn't want to run into that again
    Also I seem to have an issue when you're trying to hold your revs by tapping rapidly it still seems the trip up on itself it's not as bad if I try to slow down my taps but will still lag /glitch for the first shift ...seems exaggeratedwith boost on..... haven't had this issue before the update
    ign errick2109
    s6 (non edge)
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    I've had a racer stall the start, where I get the "waiting for opponent" flag, then the race over screen comes up after 10 seconds and says I lost the race. Is this a new hack we have to deal with? I have not had this happen in 5.3. Very frustrating if it is.
    My ign is SWEETRIDE95.
    Looking forward to this weeks big update.
    Howien said:

@ryyst or downshift. I got a guy on team that lost his account after update, it was linked trouh facebook, and now its some lame noob account he gets into. He dreew a ticket, answer from support says his main account aint exsisting which is odd.. The name of the account is steffke193 and he had it for 3 years and it darn well exsist:) i got his facebook name as well. But will only send it in a pm. Can one of you please look i to this. Thanks in advance
    Howisthat

Have him try again.

1. Delete Racing RIvals
    2. Load up the proper Facebook account on the FB app
    3. Re-Download Rivals
    4. Start it up
    5. choose facebook
    6. Should be good to go

I've had a racer stall the start, where I get the "waiting for opponent" flag, then the race over screen comes up after 10 seconds and says I lost the race. Is this a new hack we have to deal with? I have not had this happen in 5.3. Very frustrating if it is.
    My ign is SWEETRIDE95.

That sounds like it was your device that disconnected. Can you provide any details about this particular race? What car did you use? Was it a pink slip race? Do you recall your opponent name? When it happened?

• FAULK222FAULK222 Registered Users 19 Posts

My ign is SWEETRIDE95.

That sounds like it was your device that disconnected. Can you provide any details about this particular race? What car did you use? Was it a pink slip race? Do you recall your opponent name? When it happened?
    this happens a lot unless you push refresh lobby every couple races on a note 4 anyways the opponent sees a loss both racers running an ET of 0.000 and the winner just sees the 2 screens in the pictures the winner is the challenger 100% of the time as far as i can tell
    photo Screenshot_2016-11-05-14-48-27_zpsagrygzqv.png
    photo Screenshot_2016-11-05-14-48-57_zpsfzdzsns0.png

• MONSTERMANMONSTERMAN Registered Users 276 Posts
    As Ryyst said:

8. Light Laggers - We’ve done what we can. At this point, it’s not really affecting races. You can still effectively race. You can still get the same low RTs. Its been done. I’ve seen it done, I’ve done it myself.

Here is a proof that there is still lights lagers out there...

photo RR lagger_zps8jj8ct2a.jpg

At the same time my Iphone 5s has bad graphics too you can see it in the same picture that the car and everything around has low resolution...
  • Prophet_Prophet_ Registered Users 885 Posts
    @[RR] Ryyst
    Was the launching for certain cars like the Firebird SE made harder on purpose?

As Ryyst said:

8. Light Laggers - We’ve done what we can. At this point, it’s not really affecting races. You can still effectively race. You can still get the same low RTs. Its been done. I’ve seen it done, I’ve done it myself.

Here is a proof that there is still lights lagers out there...

photo RR lagger_zps8jj8ct2a.jpg

At the same time my Iphone 5s has bad graphics too you can see it in the same picture that the car and everything around has low resolution...

I never said no one "light lags". But we've done all we can for now outside of going back to punishing everyone who disconnects.

When someone light lags, you get a warning. You get a countdown, once the countdown ends, there is a delay before the races starts to get your revs in. Players have shown that you can effectively race if someone disconnects as long as you pay attention for the couple seconds we allow for someone to re-establish a connection.

We have some other ideas that may help, but to end it completely we would need to also include people who disconnect unintentionally. Which, happens to innocent players too.

What people don't know and I've spread the word about laggers is when it says "Let's Race" 321 tap the screen the screen goes away the lag affect you might get goes away. People don't realize they can bypass the screen by tapping it then resume holding the accelerator if you rev drop launch. You're welcome.

cocoabiscuits
  • dulwhitedulwhite Registered Users 118 Posts
    Still waiting for the fix to reflect current rating of car while in garage. Changing parts for tuning, gem installing, and have it stay at old rating, join higher lobby... it's a glitch that needs attention.

Until then, I'm not putting effort into tuning. Just maxing the car, losing some of the reason turf wars became fun.