Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Is my s4 trash now

getterdonegetterdone Registered Users 158 Posts
Its funny can play any other game with no glitches,lag,battery overheating,phone shutting down,and lets not forget bad graphics. Will it ever get fixed not buying a new phone. Have spent way to much money and over two years of my life playing and loved the game and have made many many good friends. Plz plz plz tell me everything is gonna get fixed. Thx for your time God Bless

Comments

• eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    I use an s4 without issue. You might want to check what all is running on your phone when you are trying to play the game. Are you using wifi or mobile web?
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • getterdonegetterdone Registered Users 158 Posts
    Wi fi 25 gigs per sec still glitchy and laggin the graphics have improved and as of just now no more overheating or phone shutdown thx for your reply
  • NotPhunnyNotPhunny Registered Users 54 Posts
    My s4 still crashing when I try to run RR. Waiting for something from devs to fix the problem.
  • dahater75dahater75 Registered Users 74 Posts
    Phones come out all the time. As technology increases, so do the games that use this tech. Why would a company build games designed to fit a phone from 4 years ago? If they didn't upgrade the game the player base would leave.

Why play a nintendo 1st Gen, when you can have a ps4.

I've been building computers for a long time, they last a year before they sre so so, 2 or 3 years they start no longer being gaming computers.

It's just the way it is.
    I can understand that but what about us poor peaple who live week to week and cant afford something new everytime it comes out there should be a way to run someting on older software my phone is only two years old and have friends playing on phones 4 years old with no problems its crazy lol.
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    Yes let me go out an buy a new $600+ phone every 6months-1year..........Oh wait I have yet to pay over $150 for a phone and only pay $45 a month to use it. Lol
    Lmao i hear ya bro just about done
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    You can either adapt to the newer technology and keep up, or you can stay where you are and be left behind. It's really that simple. There's a reason things like VHS tapes, Cassette Tapes, hell Knights on horseback have fallen to the wayside....better, more efficient things have replaced them. Only one thing is constant in the world of technology especially...and that is change. If your phone is 2 years old, shouldn't you be eligible for an upgrade with your carrier?
  • GuardonGuardon Registered Users 4,244 Posts
    @dahater75
    1. "when you can have a ps4" you mean XBOX ONE.
    2. If you can afford that amount good for you but not everyone can if you dont understand that your brain is very shallow.
    3. people liked the game how it was so dont try and say people will leave if they dont update HAVE YOU NOTICED PEOPLE LEAVING WHEN THEY UPDATED
    4. Your company has some of the worst computers if they dont last that long.
    IGN:
    X CLASSIC X
    TUNER/TRADER
    Nope dont have a specific contract carrier and im a single dad on a very tight budget and have three little ones to feed a new phone is 600 bucks lol any donations are welcome
    @getterdone i am totally with you on this people like @dahater75 dont get things like that
    IGN:
    X CLASSIC X
    TUNER/TRADER
    Thx buddy i was planning on upgrading come income tax time but until then guess all thr time and money i have already spent sits and waits or i just delete the game and take my loses
    @getterdone id wait a bit see what happens
    IGN:
    X CLASSIC X
    TUNER/TRADER
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    I have a Galaxy Note5 and from gaming to web browsing, it still did all of it with ease despite it being a year old
  • [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    This will improve with the update we push this week
    Thanku fox sure hope so its not just the game i like so much is all the really good friends i have made the past two years is the new update going to be before or after turf the team needs my help or not sure of date.
    I didn't say you had to buy something brand new, but surely you can get an s5 or s6, they won't break the bank if you get one refurbished with a warranty they are very affordable.

But by the same token, should the going world not flourish because you don't want to drop 200 bucks on a phone?

You can do it or dont. If the game doesn't continually progress it will die. It will become like Diablo 1 where everything is cloned to he'll but Noone cares because Noone plays

Honestly, I was always a guy that would purposefully buy a phone or 2 behind but, now I'm addicted to rr so want to keep it semi current (within 2 years)
    Also, notice I didn't bash you. You know nothing about me at all so don't tell me what I do and do not get. I pay for my own things with the money I earn some well as the bills. Nobody pays my way through life, or am I rich.

I'm on an s6, it's almost 2 years old. Why don't you take a second and think about what I said.

If you'd like, I'll send you a link where you can buy a bad ass note 5 for 250, since shopping frugally isn't your thing
  • taffy3010taffy3010 Registered Users 3 Posts
    edited November 2016
    I have an s4 and an s6 I kept my old phone to have a second account. Folks on about players leaving cos they don't update game. 5.3 aint that old and worked on my s4 now update 6.0 totally fked that. I suggest that there are more folks with a device that isn't brand new out than there is with. Less people playing now than was. To place in 100 gems places in showdown u used to have to score 750 to 1000 points. This showdown I scored 469 and placed in crates places then 371 and got 100 gems and then 171 and got 100 gems. Now I am no rocket scientist but I would guess that means that participation is down on pre 6.0 update. So maybe next update should be 5.3 then u get half ur players back work on 6.0 and release it when it bloody works on all ur player bases devices.
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    I only make 65k a year and can not afford a new $600 phone every year..........or should I rephrase that and say I am to cheap to buy a new $600 phone every year as I have bigger priorities. I could olay fine before the update but after I have problems.