Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Racing Rivals 6.0 Update/Whats to come!

Hey all I wanted to step away from everything for a second to tell you all what were working on/doing right now.

By the end of this week we will submit an update to address alot of the issues you/we have seen this past week.

We will be adjusting the visuals to be more in line with our userbase, with a new option in your settings to turn on our "experimental" High fidelity graphics mode while we continue to work on it. This allows us to continue to work on better graphics, users who like those graphics to engage with them (be warned they may/may not be stable depending on device), and most importantly for those that want the old RR feel the updated base graphics will be a welcome change.

You will be defaulted to the adjusted graphics once the update is live, and you can choose whether or not to turn on "experimental" graphics mode. To be clear, if you liked or the High level graphics worked for you, you will need to turn them on in settings, if not or the high level graphics cause issues, you will probably want to stay at the new default.

* This will drastically improve FPS/performance across all devices.
* This will fix many of the visual issues players have been reporting. (paint,wrap,coating issues, tears, crunchy edges, etc)
* This update will also include a fix to stop Battery over-usage
* This update will also add an option to turn Global Chat notifications off.

In addition to these fixes, we're working on a package to give out to players as an apology.

On a personal note, I want to apologize to you all. The intent of this update was to give you a "better" experience via a visual fidelity update, this obviously did not go as planned, as games rarely do, but much worse than we anticipated. We are immediately reacting and converting back/to what you are all asking for. In addition going forward expect to see many surveys/feedback outlets for you to tell us what you want next, and that will go into serious consideration and determine our priorities in many cases. We always have best intentions towards you, our players, and while we're not always perfect every lesson is a lesson learned.

In short, hang with us, its going to get better, and we have alot of cool things coming up I hope to share with you all soon, so we can see what you think.

High Graphics "Experimental Mode"

New Default (should look familiar)

Prev134

Comments

• GuardonGuardon Registered Users 4,244 Posts
    Civic RE for the inconvenience ?
    IGN:
    X CLASSIC X
    TUNER/TRADER
  • possumownagepossumownage Registered Users 32 Posts
    Awesome thank you guys.
  • Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    Thank you for the info. MUCH appreciated.
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    RR fox. Very well said! Glad to know the comments aren't falling on deaf ears
  • ciechuciechu Registered Users 6 Posts
    Hello. Change which proposes little change in liquidity play old devices. Still occur on wheels and hoos shadow which in the old version was not. Besides the colors used in a garage or on the map are too dark and legible. The same goes for the small icons cars in the garage and tachometer with the lights start and the perfect start. If u want play on smartfon u must have magnifier !!
  • Adamp961Adamp961 Registered Users 5 Posts
    edited November 2016
    Can you fix the font? Everything is very hard to read like messages, race results. Make it bigger and black on white to make it easier to read
  • GOFastGarageGOFastGarage Registered Users 67 Posts
    A BIG THANK YOU to all that have been working their butts off on this, alot of people have been very vocal about how upset they have been including myself. At the end of the day you can take it a few different ways. I tend to look at it from a positive perspective as there are many people still very passionate about this game. I'll be the first to admit as I've said it before, now matter how many or big the hiccups......Glu always seems to try to make it right!!
  • NACL2NACL2 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Thanks for the heads-up. Hopefully, rr will get back to the way we know it to be, if not better for all users. I do agree that some sort of compensation should be looked at for the inconvenience this update caused, which will help with a lot of the cry-babies like myself, lol. Thanks for at least listening to we have to say and attempting to assist us all wherever possible. We would not moan if we didnt love the game...
  • errick2109errick2109 Registered Users 38 Posts
    Thanks for the info
  • dahater75dahater75 Registered Users 74 Posts
    Nice, the people have been heard
  • arbrnboiarbrnboi Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 6 Posts
    There was a LOT of complaining vice providing useful input. So one, thank you for weeding through all the useless complaining to dig at the actual issues and two, thank you for continuing to listen to player feed back
  • Mr Alvin72Mr Alvin72 Registered Users 54 Posts
    Thanks.. Ok since I run a top 25 turf team. Few leaders got together.

Would points board be fix for the team? This is where I look at points to see who is leading the team in points and also from the board we cannot view team ranks.

Mr Alvin72 360 Speed.
  • DownShiftDownShift Registered Users 304 Posts

Thanks.. Ok since I run a top 25 turf team. Few leaders got together.

Would points board be fix for the team? This is where I look at points to see who is leading the team in points and also from the board we cannot view team ranks.

Mr Alvin72 360 Speed.

@Mr Alvin72 can you send me a screenshot of what you're talking about please?
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    edited November 2016
    He's talking about the fact that the points board for the team needs to be sorted by racers with the highest amount of turf points to the lowest amount of turf points. Right now there is no order to it, meaning you have to scroll through the entire team roster to see the amount of points everyone has. If it could be sorted by the number of points - highest to lowest - it'd be much easier to use.

Also, it'd be nice if the team ranking in the turf event could be reflected on that screen / board as well.

He's talking about the fact that the points board for the team needs to be sorted by racers with the highest amount of turf points to the lowest amount of turf points. Right now there is no order to it, meaning you have to scroll through the entire team roster to see the amount of points everyone has. If it could be sorted by the number of points - highest to lowest - it'd be much easier to use.

Also, it'd be nice if the team ranking in the turf event could be reflected on that screen / board as well.

@Roush Sport Thank you for the detail, I'll look into it. This will not be fixed in the release this post is highlighting.
    Ok I'm trying
    Test

Test

No dice, might be easier to just send a direct message with it?
  • [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    ciechu said:

Hello. Change which proposes little change in liquidity play old devices. Still occur on wheels and hoos shadow which in the old version was not. Besides the colors used in a garage or on the map are too dark and legible. The same goes for the small icons cars in the garage and tachometer with the lights start and the perfect start. If u want play on smartfon u must have magnifier !!

I'm currently compiling and reviewing the UI for such issues, if you send me screenshots it helps as many different devices have many different sizes. Thanks in advance!
  • Low Lyfe 1418Low Lyfe 1418 Registered Users 406 Posts
    Is the crashing phone getting fixed or nahh?
  • HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts
    THATS just awesome:) you say you will submit it at the end of the week. Will it then take 2 weeks or more to be approved of apple, like usual? Thanks in advance howisthat
  • DoctorDaddyDoctorDaddy Registered Users 7 Posts
    I am also on a t25 team as well and we all appreciate you for this info. The intentions of this update were great but executed not so well. We understand we need to be patient

Thank you guys for the hard work!
    Howien said:

THATS just awesome:) you say you will submit it at the end of the week. Will it then take 2 weeks or more to be approved of apple, like usual? Thanks in advance howisthat

Our last release was approved in much shorter time frame, we are subject to the platform ultimately though, but it hasnt taken two weeks in awhile.

Is the crashing phone getting fixed or nahh?

We are addressing several crashes. If you want to explain your issue in detail I can better answer that question.
  • greenburnout303greenburnout303 Registered Users 1,975 Posts
    Foxx what's the drop rate on the one of a kind cars from the Honda crate. I demand to know! Lol
  • FuraiPinkerFuraiPinker Registered Users 13,302 Posts

Foxx what's the drop rate on the one of a kind cars from the Honda crate. I demand to know! Lol

Post is about an important new game changing update: asks for drop rates on honda crates lol
  • greenburnout303greenburnout303 Registered Users 1,975 Posts
    Yeah that's me
  • Allstar LuiAllstar Lui Registered Users 3 Posts
    please don't be another free car in this package. last thing we need is for them.to give away a subi sport or something and make the price of them go to shit like they did with the jet.
  • Coot_The_BeastCoot_The_Beast Registered Users 152 Posts
    Same here on the crashing. Have 2 Samsung galaxy s4's that will not even load the game. It starts up and gets to loading garage then phone restarts. Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and still have not been able to get in. The 1 phone has been down since the update came out, and then the other started doing same thing monday. I have missed out on several crates because of it, and I am not happy at all
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

pretty low. Meant to be rare
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager