Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Racing Rivals 6.0 Update/Whats to come!

Comments

• [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

It would be nice to be able to get into the game at all. Phone shuts off completely when i open the app and it begins to load. How does an app even shut off your phone completely???

What phone are you using?
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• itskillerquezitskillerquez Registered Users 737 Posts
    thnks for update.it would be nice if we get 1200gems and civicsi re
  • itskillerquezitskillerquez Registered Users 737 Posts
    or maybe the hellcat
    ...just one out of those 3
  • deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    good!
  • crasi_maxcrasi_max Registered Users 2 Posts
    Much appreciate the effort of the update, wasn't on point but we understand. Keep do wat u r doing 4 us the players we all appreciate it
  • FSRac3r1FSRac3r1 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Love this game guys....update is awesome....except my iPad don't work with the update...hope its fixed soon...
  • sardin tinsardin tin Registered Users 9 Posts
    im using asus zenfone 3 laser with 4gig ram / OS Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)/
    Chipset Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 /CPU Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 / GPU Adreno 505 and the game still lag... my fastest car 1684 just reach 7.2 sec only... and also about the graphic.. it look like cartoon...
  • Low Lyfe 1418Low Lyfe 1418 Registered Users 406 Posts
    [RR] Foxx Administrator Posts:
    Low Lyfe 1418 said:
    Is the crashing phone getting fixed or nahh?

We are addressing several crashes. If you want to explain your issue in detail I can better answer that question.

It's crazy to think that I've talked to a admin about my problem and you don't even have a clue to what problem that is. How many phone crashing bugs does this game have? It's pretty upsetting.
    Here's a reference - http://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/5364241/racing-rivals-crashing-phone#latest
    [RR] Ryyst Administrator Posts:
    greenburnout303 said:
    Foxx what's the drop rate on the one of a kind cars from the Honda crate. I demand to know! Lol

pretty low. Meant to be rare

I drop 10+k gems and and get a bunch of rims , other guy drops 3k gems and gets a bronze nxs . That's kidda unfair isn't?
  • GoonGoon Registered Users 89 Posts
    edited November 2016
    You know what. You **** up big time. Anytime any major update is supposed to be launched, it should be launched in a beta version initially and parallel with the current version. Interested people download it and provide feedback so final version can be improved. This is called UAT or User Acceptance Testing. But I doubt you thick head devs on there even know how software's are supposed to be made. I knew small developers are stupid but didn't know this stupid!! You don't just push updates on people and force them to deal with the bugs. They will kick your azz and leave to any other competitor. I am pretty sure this "quick response" is coming from the sudden drop is users and revenue that you encountered due to your stupid forced release
  • ciechuciechu Registered Users 6 Posts
    I have 3 phones lg g2 nexus 5 htc one and the 2 tabs lg g pad samsung. On all of them the game lag or not loading garage. The secend thing is honda creat. I spend 6k gems and i dont get any of the gold cars or the civic tourer. That realy sad
  • Riyaad01Riyaad01 Registered Users 89 Posts
    @[RR]Ryyst & [RR]Foxx

Free cars not great idea, Just drops the value and effort spent on getting those cars in first place (Unless you are providing a car that has not been part of the game as yet) therefore has no current value. Gems however you may furnish us with ;) Fyi the Jets value has been spoilt for this very reason.

Ill be more than happy with just a working game. Gems are great too ;)
  • TimothyLiuTimothyLiu Registered Users 34 Posts
    ^Agreed. There are plenty of cars that needs to be in the game.
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    I see bunches of guys bitchin that they don't want a free car cuz it would devalue existing cars...c'mon y'all, quit bein silly...Glu isn't worried about car values...they didn't make the game for us to make money on...theses cars and rrc were never meant to have any "value" to the consumer as they were never meant to be sold other than in game purchases...that's why trades and sales are unsupported, profit is meant for Glu...not for us

Just sayin

• [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

[RR] Ryyst Administrator Posts:

greenburnout303 said:

Foxx what's the drop rate on the one of a kind cars from the Honda crate. I demand to know! Lol

pretty low. Meant to be rare

I drop 10+k gems and and get a bunch of rims , other guy drops 3k gems and gets a bronze nxs . That's kidda unfair isn't?

That's the game of chance unfortunately.

Each time you open a crate you have a chance at a car. The next time you open a crate its the same exact chance. So for example, something drops 10% of the time. So like, 1 out of 10. Each time you open a crate, that doesn't change. Each time you have a 1 out of 10 chance it will drop. That doesn't necessarily mean that if you open 10 crates you are guaranteed the car. That also means your chances don't increase each time you open a crate.

Take a lottery. You can spend $1000 on tickets and not win. A guy can spend $1 and win it all.

Everyone has the same chance to get these cars, but its really about luck and chance.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

@Ryyst thank you, that sounds better than saying it's rare . I know crates are random but the statement you said just made me think other wise . Ty tho
    Guy , stop worrying about a cars value because if that's all you worried about then you shouldn't get anything. Stop playing the game if your just trying to get money out of it. There's really nothing that can be given to " compensate" any problems we've been having.
  • XXB00573DXXXXB00573DXX Registered Users 607 Posts
    finally ill be able to turf again
  • getterdonegetterdone Registered Users 158 Posts
    Just curios about the update comeing as of this morning my s4 loads as far as the garage and shuts my phone down i can deal with the lag lol but only if the game will load.plz turf starts tonight thx for your time
    Getterdone, I have the same problem but mines been happening since the update went live , it'll be the second turf I'll miss. It's crazy man
    Yeah me to hopin somethin happens quick i have alot of patience but im about done just gonna take my losses will never invest money in any other game again.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Registered Users 3,837 Posts
    Forget the global chat thing don't waste your time with it focus on something else no one wants it.
    All in favor of global chat can give me a disagree
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • AnonymousAnonymous Registered Users 3,837 Posts
    Oh yea and I'm co leader of my team but can't update team status is this permanent?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Getterdone , I swear their was supposed to be an update to fix this but nahh nothing so far
    @Ryyst
    "Some have been asking for gems and/or cars. Once we've made sure Rivals is back to running relatively smoother, we will be offering some kind of compensation package. What that will entail is still in discussions. Our top priority is getting the game running well."

Tbh i want to see everyone given the top tier of racer club. You guys released the honda crates and everyone spent their gems and a few days later the racer club gets released . I feel it's completely unfair to the community to release those crates and have then spend money to later make them spend more money to get the benefits of the racer club. I understand that you guys are a company in it for the money but the ways things have been going the community is getting the low end of the stick and are feeling uncared-for. We are your punching bags and we're getting tired of it. But when is the update coming to fix most the problems? A week? You guys say ya are testing it , why not just release it just like the 6.0 update ? It was buggy and was still released. Don't ban me lol
    Yes sir mines doing the same thing havent been able to get in all day just deleted the app might check back in about 6 months from now lol
  • racingrracingr Registered Users 2 Posts
    Are we getting cars or gems
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Everyone crying for a handout... give us this or give us that. Rather than begging for a handout why not beg for a working game. That's payment enough
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    edited November 2016
    Agree completely @C y r u s ...I just want the game that I love back...been playin for almost 3 years, but this update made me lose any real interest in it... I haven't been on for more than 15-20 minutes at a time since update dropped and that's only been maybe a half dozen times...I usta be on daily, for HOURS at a time...I want a playable game...not worried about freebies and what it could do to the value of existing cars if they whôre out another turf car and make it worthless...I'm not in it for monetary gain...I'm in it for the entertainment that the game and this forum provides

I hope this game lives a long life... and prey it's a healthy (playable) existence

edit:typo