Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Big problem whith the 6.0 update!

2Next

Comments

• NotPhunnyNotPhunny Registered Users 54 Posts

NotPhunny said:

Add dragon touch x 10 tablet to your list. I bought two of these modern octocore tablets for my children to run the game on. IT'S not getting past load screen.

@NotPhunny We're looking into it. The loading problem will have nothing to do with the device itself, but likely an asset problem on our side. As an aside, while those tablets are "new", the hardware (specifically) the graphics card) is not great. A lot of times what these off brands will do is package older hardware with a shiny new wrapper and say its new. With games like ours the the GPU is just as important as the CPU. All of that being said, once we get the fixes we're working on in and pushed out, you'll be running as close to what it used to be as we can get you.

The team thanks you for your patience as we work to fix these issues. Hang in there, we'll get you back up as soon as we can. I expect the loading problems to be fixed outside of the main performance issues and hopefully with a back-end push - but only time will tell.
    I was providing you with Information and looking to be helpful. I'm not really interested in you giving a slam as to what I purchased for my children.
  • KILRLSX04KILRLSX04 Registered Users 3 Posts
    My kids and I always play they actually got me into it. I've been hooked since but the lag with garage/viewing cars/needle lag on the drop and shifts and "relaod" popping up all the time and when friends join me I see them but they can't race me sometimes. I use a Galaxy note 4. The kids have same issues with their also.
    Rca tablet, galaxy s3,galaxy tab 3 and 4. Samsung Galaxy express 3..and iPhone 5c
    All had no issues with the descriptions above and worked fine but don't now. My son has a separate account on my wife's phone a iphone 6s and it don't have lag or anything but when u claim your performance crate the game shuts off. Does it on all devices. Also when I tried to send screenshots in game via the "?" It kicks me off and says "unfortunately racing rivals has stopped. We play all the time and kids were upset with all the issues on our devices after the update its so bad we couldn't run for the Civic re which they have always wanted. Also when your upgrading you can barely see how many upgrades are goin or what is upgrading since everything is shaded in a light blue color.
  • DownShiftDownShift Registered Users 304 Posts
    NotPhunny said:

NotPhunny said:

Add dragon touch x 10 tablet to your list. I bought two of these modern octocore tablets for my children to run the game on. IT'S not getting past load screen.

@NotPhunny We're looking into it. The loading problem will have nothing to do with the device itself, but likely an asset problem on our side. As an aside, while those tablets are "new", the hardware (specifically) the graphics card) is not great. A lot of times what these off brands will do is package older hardware with a shiny new wrapper and say its new. With games like ours the the GPU is just as important as the CPU. All of that being said, once we get the fixes we're working on in and pushed out, you'll be running as close to what it used to be as we can get you.

The team thanks you for your patience as we work to fix these issues. Hang in there, we'll get you back up as soon as we can. I expect the loading problems to be fixed outside of the main performance issues and hopefully with a back-end push - but only time will tell.
    I was providing you with Information and looking to be helpful. I'm not really interested in you giving a slam as to what I purchased for my children.
    @NotPhunny I was not intending to "slam" you for what you purchased for your children and I apologize if it came off that way. The information I shared was meant to make sure you understand that those tablets are in reality older hardware that could experience performance problems in general. That being said, I think we'll be able to get you and your children back to where you were pre 6.0.
    edited November 2016

NotPhunny said:

NotPhunny said:

@NotPhunny I was not intending to "slam" you for what you purchased for your children and I apologize if it came off that way. The information I shared was meant to make sure you understand that those tablets are in reality older hardware that could experience performance problems in general. That being said, I think we'll be able to get you and your children back to where you were pre 6.0.
    Thank you. And like the previous poster: my kids are the ones that introduced me to the game about a year ago. I've been spending my time and money on it since.
    KILRLSX04 said:

My kids and I always play they actually got me into it. I've been hooked since but the lag with garage/viewing cars/needle lag on the drop and shifts and "relaod" popping up all the time and when friends join me I see them but they can't race me sometimes. I use a Galaxy note 4. The kids have same issues with their also.

Rca tablet, galaxy s3,galaxy tab 3 and 4. Samsung Galaxy express 3..and iPhone 5c

All had no issues with the descriptions above and worked fine but don't now. My son has a separate account on my wife's phone a iphone 6s and it don't have lag or anything but when u claim your performance crate the game shuts off. Does it on all devices. Also when I tried to send screenshots in game via the "?" It kicks me off and says "unfortunately racing rivals has stopped. We play all the time and kids were upset with all the issues on our devices after the update its so bad we couldn't run for the Civic re which they have always wanted. Also when your upgrading you can barely see how many upgrades are goin or what is upgrading since everything is shaded in a light blue color.

@KILRLSX04 Thank you for all of your feedback. On the performance side, the fix we're working on should get all of those devices back up to where you used to be.
    NotPhunny said:

NotPhunny said:

NotPhunny said:

Thank you. And like the previous poster: my kids are the ones that introduced me to the game about a year ago. I've been spending my time and money on it since.
    It's nice to hear that so many of you play this as a family - that's honestly not something I expected in such a competitive racing game. We will get you back up and running soon.
  • dukedeathdukedeath Registered Users 146 Posts
    Ok now this just might be my phone. Wen i taped on my game to see if it would lode it did beacuse i got on it on my moms old Samsung tablet and the game worked, but wen i loded the game it loded and had the 1992 honda sivic si but thennwen i taped on my BMW M3 Rivals Edstion thats matte black, blue under glow and the blue glow wheels from the peformens crate its froze and turnd off and on my phone
    dukedeath said:

Ok now this just might be my phone. Wen i taped on my game to see if it would lode it did beacuse i got on it on my moms old Samsung tablet and the game worked, but wen i loded the game it loded and had the 1992 honda sivic si but thennwen i taped on my BMW M3 Rivals Edstion thats matte black, blue under glow and the blue glow wheels from the peformens crate its froze and turnd off and on my phone

Can you please try going into settings and turning on download all? Once it's all done, try going back in there.
  • getterdonegetterdone Registered Users 158 Posts
    Still having problems with my galaxy s4 i have deleted every app and turned off all other running apps shoudnt have to do this. Phone has 16mgb memory and only using 3.25 of it game is lagging so bad i cant even race the night before last the game was amazing no lag everything loaded fast PLZ HELP MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
    I did the dowlod all and it still made my phone turn on and off
  • twek139twek139 Registered Users 16 Posts
    I have no option for graphics or special effects in the setting in 6.0 game. Is horrible. ..I'm on a. Blu 6.0hd. Adroid 4.4.2
  • twek139twek139 Registered Users 16 Posts
    Racer name. Supertwek
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @NotPhunny Yeah, let's be real, if a device is low end and can't handle the game, its just that. You say those tablets are "modern" but really the specs are straight out of 2012. Maybe you should spend a tad bit more money and get them something better to run the game on.
    Yes let's be real here. I'm not asking for a review of something I've purchased. I'm trying to help out here and get things working.
  • possumownagepossumownage Registered Users 32 Posts
    The lag is bad today.
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @NotPhunny You realize that tablets specs are basically from the Galaxy S3 except a tad bit slower.
    Do you realize why I posted the tablets brand and name to this thread? IT'S for trouble shooting, ok?
    Everyone, this should all go back to the way it was once the new update goes live. If you're still experiencing problems with your devices after that, then you should submit a ticket to CS with as much info as possible and we'll troubleshoot device by device.

Everyone, this should all go back to the way it was once the new update goes live. If you're still experiencing problems with your devices after that, then you should submit a ticket to CS with as much info as possible and we'll troubleshoot device by device.

So was/is there a temporary fix in place that allowed me to get back on during second event?
    NotPhunny said:

So was/is there a temporary fix in place that allowed me to get back on during second event?
    You were probably able to get back on due to the server changes.
    Would you pleaae tell me how long will I need to wait for this new update? Thanks in advance.
    NotPhunny said:

Would you pleaae tell me how long will I need to wait for this new update? Thanks in advance.

I can't give you a definitve number. I've had submissions take from hours to weeks. We are at the mercy of both Google and Apple now.
    Well that's good news that its in their hands. I'm looking forward to playing the game on my phone again. Thank you.
    Me too
  • ihateoystersihateoysters Registered Users 24 Posts
    edited November 2016
    Samsung Galaxy tab A, lags bad when shifting, launching and doesn't race smooth... Before update it was running Really nice... . Thanx
    Thank you for the update its working agen!