Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Lobby jumpers

aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
I have a question. Why do you still allow higher rated cars to jump into lower lobbies? So they can prey in noob players? I mean you can make turf lobbies set at a specific rating... I understand about wanting to race with friends.. can't you guys make it so a lower rated car can join a higher rated car, but not the opposite? That would eliminate lobby jumpers and still provide a way for people to sell/trade cars and race with friends. Thx just wondering...

Oh btw, the moto G 4th gen is still laggy.

I know y'all are busting butt to fix the flaws. Thx for all the work y'all have put into the game in the past weeks..
Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
Team: 9am michi

Comments

• Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    Multiple player will never be rate locked. Lobby jumpers will always exist. The are the scum of rr, right behind scammers
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Options
    I'm not asking for it to be locked like turf.. just make it so higher rated cars can't jump into lower lobbies and prey on the noobs... Low car going up to higher rated lobby is fine..
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    edited November 2016

I'm not asking for it to be locked like turf.. just make it so higher rated cars can't jump into lower lobbies and prey on the noobs... Low car going up to higher rated lobby is fine..

I do agree, but i suggest an alternative. Since Glu profits from this discord, be proavtive. If you are lobbyjumped and know the rating, post it in lobby chat and keep posting it. This'll lose them races and they'll move on, this is how i fight them. Also, filter your friends list. Anyone not supposed to be there, drop them and ignore them, they can't refriend you
  • Options
    Yeah, I call them out every time.. and I'm constantly purging my friends list of people.. they get mad as all get out.. look.
  • Options

Yeah, I call them out every time.. and I'm constantly purging my friends list of people.. they get mad as all get out.. look.

Yup my cars run, on salty players and the tank is full :p
  • Options
    ARES_NiiTROzzARES_NiiTROzz Registered Users 11,616 Posts
    turf race or showdown only and youll never have a problem. Reg lobbies suck
    IGN:
    ARES NiiTROzz (one space in between)
    ARES NiiTROzz4 (one space in between)
  • Options
    Yeah but some turf events suck. I like to race a few cars most of the time.. I'm not a noob so I don't fall for there scams.. but it's just getting over the top.. I mean I was in a 1650 with 2 other 50's and 13 1660+. Lolol
  • Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    It does suck when you are trying to test a newly tuned cars launch and shift points and all the other people are from 10-20 ratings higher and want to pink.
  • Options
    Riyaad01Riyaad01 Registered Users 89 Posts
    Want a easy fix? @[RR]DownShift or other Glu guys

Simply show all racers rating before the race ? As in you click/tap on them and shows all current details and their cars rating. Would help Glu reduce the amount of contacts they get for this issue.
  • Options
    As someone who has never lobby jumped in the 3 yrs I've played. I agree with you.. but you're gonna have a lot of scammers/jumpers screaming like 3yr olds if they do that. Just like they did when they started showing rating after the race..
  • Options

As someone who has never lobby jumped in the 3 yrs I've played. I agree with you.. but you're gonna have a lot of scammers/jumpers screaming like 3yr olds if they do that. Just like they did when they started showing rating after the race..

as i said i love the salt
  • Options
    It's almost as good as synthetic oil if you put it in your car... Lololol
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Riyaad01 said:

Simply show all racers rating before the race ? As in you click/tap on them and shows all current details and their cars rating. Would help Glu reduce the amount of contacts they get for this issue.

We used to, but that took the surprise element out. We have other ideas for lobbies which we'll discuss once we have more progress on that front. As you can imagine, we have other pressing matters to attend to first.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options

Riyaad01 said:

We used to, but that took the surprise element out. We have other ideas for lobbies which we'll discuss once we have more progress on that front. As you can imagine, we have other pressing matters to attend to first.
    BTW RYYST, since we are on the subject. while we are posting cars and ratings in lobby chat, the piggybackers get very hostile, using the P word, N word and other such language. I notice there is a report button, where we can report improper names or pics, but nothing for improper chat. When can we expect to be able, to report harassers, improper chat or even bullying, so we can get the rif-raf out of the game? I hate to see the chat so bad that 12-13 year olds shouldn't be seeing it
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    crazyjr said:

Riyaad01 said:

BTW RYYST, since we are on the subject. while we are posting cars and ratings in lobby chat, the piggybackers get very hostile, using the P word, N word and other such language. I notice there is a report button, where we can report improper names or pics, but nothing for improper chat. When can we expect to be able, to report harassers, improper chat or even bullying, so we can get the rif-raf out of the game? I hate to see the chat so bad that 12-13 year olds shouldn't be seeing it
    Unfortunately no. Chat has never been and probably won't ever be reportable since we don't really log chat.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options

crazyjr said:

Riyaad01 said:

Unfortunately no. Chat has never been and probably won't ever be reportable since we don't really log chat.
    pretty sad, part of the reasons i don't race in lobby's anymore is the chat is so bad, from the piggybackers and bully's
  • Options
    @Ryyst what about my idea of making it where a higher rated car can't go into a lower lobby. But a lower car can go up? What do mean by surprise? If I'm in a 1650 I believe every car in there is a 1650 unless they are a lobby jumper. So your element of surprise excuse makes no sense.
  • Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    The multiplayer lobbies have always been a free for all - meaning run what you bring. As the game says, you never know what is under someone's hood. So, the "surprise" is when you race someone and find out. If you want to be in regulated lobbies (meaning jumpers can't bring a maxed r class into an entry level lobby), stick to turf, showdown, and tournaments. Those lobbies follow brackets.

Your idea of taking a lower car into a higher lobby - on the first read seems like taking a lamb to the wolves, but...other than for trading....why would you want to do that?
  • Options
    Just for trading.. as that seems to be the only reason why allowing a higher rated car into a lower lobby.. unless you believe it's cool for people to sit in 40-50 lobbies with 63+'s and just steadily prey on noobs.. think that's a great way to keep the new people playing.... Not...
  • Options
    And if the multi player lobbies are free for all.. why do the jumpers have to "join a friend" to get there????
  • Options
    Hey RYYST, How about, at least the option of accepting a friend before they can access join me. I HATE having to clean my friend list every 3-4 hours
  • Options
    Riyaad01Riyaad01 Registered Users 89 Posts

Riyaad01 said:

@[RR]Ryyst You guys do have alot of work on your hands, agreed. This isnt a big issue for me. However incoming business ie noobs would get put of by lobby jumpers. I have learnt never to bet other than in turf or showdown rooms or of course maxed rooms.

While it doesn't effect me, still a valid request. As may help you maintain 1st time cust.
  • Options
    Getting scammed or hustled out of my campaign cars as a noob is why I quit with my first 5 or so accounts. When you first join multiplayer the girl pops up saying you will be placed with cars of similiar speed. I didnt know what the speed rating numbers meant and got sandbagged by higher guys and lost cars or just got straight taken by lobby jumpers. Would also join a lobby then have 5 people add me so they can follow me around to jump. I wonder how much new bussiness you guys lose because of scammers/lobby jumpers? I bet it is alot.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    JohnKIV said:

Getting scammed or hustled out of my campaign cars as a noob is why I quit with my first 5 or so accounts. When you first join multiplayer the girl pops up saying you will be placed with cars of similiar speed. I didnt know what the speed rating numbers meant and got sandbagged by higher guys and lost cars or just got straight taken by lobby jumpers. Would also join a lobby then have 5 people add me so they can follow me around to jump. I wonder how much new bussiness you guys lose because of scammers/lobby jumpers? I bet it is alot.

This is why unless the situation is controlled or you absolutely know the guy you are racing is not a jumper (which you can't) you don't bother pinking in a lobby

I tell everyone, How do you tell a piggybacker (my term for lobbyjumper)? They are the ones calling for pinks, every 5 seconds.
  • Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    Usually in 63 lobby they are in rx7 spec or bmw gt2. Seems to be most pusssies cars of choice
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Options
    Lol yes. Rx7 spec and gt2. Car of choice for jumpers.. lol
  • Options
    Lol. I have noticed about 90% of the Rx7 Specs are lobby jumpers. I love it when I am in a 50 lobby and they pm me in my farm account asking for pinks. Dude you are in a car that is 54 stock in a 50 lobby gtfo.
  • Options
    HachikoHachiko Registered Users 8 Posts
    @crazyjr Your idea is perfect
    null
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Hachiko said:

@crazyjr Your idea is perfect

null

Thanks, i hate lacking the option, to choose my friends. If they refuse to fix the lobbyjumpers, at least give us the option to lock them out. This way they need a friend (real friend), to get in
  • Options
    There really should be a friend accept. That way if some one want to friend me I have to first accept it.