Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

A friendly warning for GLU

BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
Ok, if you decide to give out compensation for the recent problems, just make sure it DOES NOT have a free car. Because we honestly shouldn't have another car have its value butchered due to everybody getting it for free. No rude intentions meant @Ryyst @DownShift

Comments

• FuraiPinkerFuraiPinker Registered Users 13,302 Posts
    A free car benefits everyone, stop thinking only about your self.
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @FuraiPinker Did you see the rampage the community went on about the Cobra Jet? Yeah, if you were around, you may have noticed that people thought it was cool but at the same time they still were kinda mad about the value getting butchered
  • Koaleader171Koaleader171 Registered Users 457 Posts
    Well I wouldn't say no free car. But I'd maybe say, instead of an old turf car, which everyone in the selling community makes money off of, maybe they could give us a free showroom gem car or something. That way the value doesn't get butchered of the turf cars but we get our free car. I know this will never happen lol, I just felt like saying my thoughts XD
    "Whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."
  • kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts

A free car benefits everyone, stop thinking only about your self.

See when people have over 1000 cars and done need a free one maybe they don't want the value distroyed from a free car a nsx rr if given out for free would go from 11m about to 1-2m
    Also you pink furias? Lmk if you want to go sometime tell me the rank I will be there
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts

@FuraiPinker Did you see the rampage the community went on about the Cobra Jet? Yeah, if you were around, you may have noticed that people thought it was cool but at the same time they still were kinda mad about the value getting butchered

I loved the free car, besides Trades and sales are not supported. Therefore you do not count, or at least a minimalist thought, as far as what they want to do
  • dahater75dahater75 Registered Users 74 Posts
    Yeah sure they are supported, but what do you think makes the rr economy? All the sites we use to trade. The player base.

Sure you can go buy your mills from glu of you want...
    I mean if you guys are worrying about car values so much, just quit if you just want money off of it.
    @kingpen126 not pinking atm, came back from a break tryna get used to the new update
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    Glu isn't concerned with the values on these cars...they didn't make the game for us to make a profit on

• BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @CircusOfSins Very true when you think about it.
  • Riyaad01Riyaad01 Registered Users 89 Posts
    I dont really sell much, I never sell for real cash only rrc or trade. Point that needs to be made is, the time and effort to get rare has value on its own. Glu giving free jets/cars away basically through all the hard work guys put in to turf or pinks and win one. Our time and effort cant be replaced. So message I would like to put out there is dont take what we worked for away from us and render is obsolete @Ryyst @DownShift
  • 1320_Killer1320_Killer Registered Users 2,283 Posts
    What if it's a Ferrari 599xx ?

IGN : 1320killer
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts

Glu isn't concerned with the values on these cars...they didn't make the game for us to make a profit on

They actually do look into the values of cars at time on the black market. If a vehicle is maintaining it's value then the drop rate of the vehicle is where it should be and it's as rare as it should be to hold it's value.

As for the Cobra Jet, it's a vehicle that had been used many times over and the game was already over loaded with them. When they had said they were going to release it at first I was a bit concerned because I knew it would drop the value of the turf versions but in reality the turf versions were already selling for just a bit over $5.00 each and now they sell for a bit under $5.00 each. It gave everyone something to be happy about and to mess around with so I think in the end it did exactly what they wanted it to do.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
    dahater75 said:

Yeah sure they are supported, but what do you think makes the rr economy? All the sites we use to trade. The player base.

Sure you can go buy your mills from glu of you want...

That has nothing to do with GLU, they do not get a piece of the price given do they? Nope, why should they police something they do not profit from. However, scammers allow them to potentially profit, as some fools will gem up a lost car. Just saying Glu makes more money, not supporting it, than supporting it
    Noone is buying those 3k gem buy backs. Glu has taken a huge hit right now as players have massively exodus out. Go look at the events, I think we finished top 5 this week on turf with 400k, that usually won't get you close.

Showdown, 1 race last week I got 100 gems. Why do you think they are reverting a lot of the update, their pockets are being hit.
    edited November 2016
    It's your "you do not count" comment that pisses me off, who the **** are you to say we don't count. A happy player base makes glu money. A happy player base does trades on pages.

Just because you don't doesn't mean the happy player base doesn't.

It's better to make a little money of 2m people than to make more off 2 thousand
    dahater75 said:

It's your "you do not count" comment that pisses me off, who the **** are you to say we don't count. A happy player base makes glu money. A happy player base does trades on pages.

Just because you don't doesn't mean the happy player base doesn't.

It's better to make a little money of 2m people than to make more off 2 thousand

Glu does not support trades, so yeah you do not count in their thinking. They have too small of a staff to police trades. so non support is their only option. Unless they charge 100 gems per transaction, they will not profit from adding a person, JUST for the trade feature. At the moment it's self policed, as scammers will be outed. If you plan to profit, then you are on your own. not sure how to explain it any better
    I'm not sure how to explain to you, a happy community makes them money. How much do you think they are making with the mass exodus going in right now?

I'll answer, it hit them in the pockets, that's why they are changing things.

This isn't about a trading system, don't get off topic.

It's about giving cars lowering the value of cars we earned through crates or turf.

Above I meant not supported, but then I referred to the player economy. Insert a not in there, the "but" should have given you context.

Trades are not supported, as well all know, but the community at large still trades. We matter regardless of your belief that we don't. Everything glu Is doing now shows I am speaking truth.

You said you lived the free car, trades aren't supported. I guess you only care about you, and not the community. That doesn't surprise me though
    For the record, so you know, I give away 20m turf cars to complete strangers. This isn't about greed, I am not that.

It's about i choose when to take the hits, I don't need it choose for me.

I'm glad you think we don't matter, I think it's you who doesn't matter
    dahater75 said:

I'm not sure how to explain to you, a happy community makes them money. How much do you think they are making with the mass exodus going in right now?

I'll answer, it hit them in the pockets, that's why they are changing things.

This isn't about a trading system, don't get off topic.

It's about giving cars lowering the value of cars we earned through crates or turf.

Above I meant not supported, but then I referred to the player economy. Insert a not in there, the "but" should have given you context.

Trades are not supported, as well all know, but the community at large still trades. We matter regardless of your belief that we don't. Everything glu Is doing now shows I am speaking truth.

You said you lived the free car, trades aren't supported. I guess you only care about you, and not the community. That doesn't surprise me though

Till they support trades it'll never factor into the equation. You forget, they will probably have to hire at least twp people, just to police a trade feature. This may not be, in their budget. Unless they charged gems for every transaction (both seller and buyer), straight trades as well. It would not be in their interest, to even bother. Since costs will go up on your end, with paying GLU gems for each transaction. Costs will go up and everyone will complain yet again, so nothing but raised costs will be the result. Also there will be those, that will try to game the system, by doing deals outside the system, get scammed and expect protections.

So if Glu does not validate trades of any kind, they are not obligated to police it. None of your arguments work, in a business sense. Glu would have to hire people, to police a feature that will be more trouble, than it's worth to them
    Not once have I said they should make trades or hire or police. This is so not about that.

Once again, I'm talking about them issuing cars, devaluing other people cars.

I'm talking about you saying as long as you get yours, no one else matters
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    Somebody (not sayin who) needs to learn how to use commas properly

dahater75 said:

Not once have I said they should make trades or hire or police. This is so not about that.

Once again, I'm talking about them issuing cars, devaluing other people cars.

I'm talking about you saying as long as you get yours, no one else matters

You're argument, was about trading prices for cars. Since GLU, does not acknowledge trades of any sort. My comment has a valid point. If they are not profiting, from it, it does not matter your concerns. If they had a infrastructure, for trades in place, I could see it being a factor. Till they get active, it doesn't matter to them, if you profit at all