Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

:D

BottleCapRacingBottleCapRacing Registered Users 340 Posts
edited December 2016 in Talk About Racing Rivals
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    FuraiPinkerFuraiPinker Registered Users 13,302 Posts
    i think ones acura, ones honda, ones something idk
    got a 2002 "nsx" turf qualifying car from turf gold crate im pissed
    also i saw integra in there i think
  • Options
    FuraiPinker, Thanks ill keep those 2 cars in mind when getting ready if those end up being the events i should be prepared :)
  • Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    edited November 2016
    Acura,Honda, JDM
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Options
    alysia28alysia28 Registered Users 51 Posts
    How do u find that out if u don't mind me asking. I can't ever find out anything I just ask around in multiplayer lol.
  • Options
    dwdtuning, Thanks!
    alysia28, As far as i know they are posted for VIP members of VGU.
  • Options
    Tennesseeboy84Tennesseeboy84 Registered Users 13 Posts
    Yeah thanks a lot dwd!!
  • Options
    NotPhunnyNotPhunny Registered Users 54 Posts
    Pretty inane that we need to guess or hear rumours. Please just list the next turf events at the conclusion of current turf.
  • Options
    No one is supposed to have the events. Events are supposed to be released when turf starts. Unfortunately there is a few people that exploit the open code on the client side and are able to retrieve the events. They post these events for profit.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    Mornin guys. Does anyone know the events by chance?
  • Options
    Anyone know the events by chance?
  • Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
  • Options
    Thanks brother
  • Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    @dwdtuning I also find it crap that someone takes advantage of the open code for profit. Last mobile I played a player data mined the upcoming events and goodies. He then posted it on a free website. I wish Racing Rivals was as open community as that game had. Nothing was a secret, top players always shared their set ups and strategies either on the wiki page or forums. I myself would always each event SS set ups and strategies and do a walk through on the forum.
  • Options
    Well this is racing rivals. This is drag racing, in my case high stakes turf car drag racing. That won't entirely work right here. But I understand what you mean.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• Options
    JohnKIV said:

@dwdtuning I also find it crap that someone takes advantage of the open code for profit. Last mobile I played a player data mined the upcoming events and goodies. He then posted it on a free website. I wish Racing Rivals was as open community as that game had. Nothing was a secret, top players always shared their set ups and strategies either on the wiki page or forums. I myself would always each event SS set ups and strategies and do a walk through on the forum.

@JohnKIV On that previous game, were people able to sell things to other players in the game? I think that's a big part of the "secrecy" in this game. Folks do what they have to do in order to have the best advantage possible - so that when they win a highly sought after car, they can sell it online for real cash.
  • Options
    aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    If y'all know how people are getting events before hand.. why not find a way to stop it?? Or would that stop most of the top 25 teams from building 100's of car to self crush before turf starts.. after all takes a lot of gems (ie..cash for Glu.) To quickly tune 100 cars for each event........
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • Options

If y'all know how people are getting events before hand.. why not find a way to stop it?? Or would that stop most of the top 25 teams from building 100's of car to self crush before turf starts.. after all takes a lot of gems (ie..cash for Glu.) To quickly tune 100 cars for each event........

The only people capable of stopping it would be Glu - it would involve redoing part of the coding in the game.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @Roush Sport so, not inputting the events until say 12hrs before turf starts isn't an option?? But like I said that would hit Glu in their pockets. If teams didn't have the time to spend 100's if not 1000's of $$$ to quickly tune 100 or so cars for each event....
  • Options

@Roush Sport so, not inputting the events until say 12hrs before turf starts isn't an option?? But like I said that would hit Glu in their pockets. If teams didn't have the time to spend 100's if not 1000's of $$$ to quickly tune 100 or so cars for each event....

I don't know if that's an option or not - it very well may be. However, I have no idea what that would mean as far as game coding is concerned, and how feasible / easy it would be to change / implement your suggestion.
  • Options
    @Roush Sport might be something worth looking into.. I love this game. Haven't been able to race since 6.0 came out.. but I know y'all are working on it... But having the same top 25 teams every week gets old for the player not willing to spend $100's on the game...
  • Options

@Roush Sport might be something worth looking into.. I love this game. Haven't been able to race since 6.0 came out.. but I know y'all are working on it... But having the same top 25 teams every week gets old for the player not willing to spend $100's on the game...

I see your point, but let me put this perspective on it. Having the same top 25 teams every week gets old for the player not willing to spend 100's on the game....so, you're suggesting that the game be modified to make it easier for someone not willing to spend money to win? How is that fair to those that have the ability to, and are willing to, spend money on the game? Should they somehow be penalized because some players feel it isn't fair that they can't spend money on the game like others can?

Secondly, you don't have to spend money on the game. Granted, spending the money makes it easier - but not necessary. Gems come to mind....I'm currently sitting on 3782 gems right now. Want an idea of how much money I spent to earn those? Not a dime. They were earned via vids and the offer wall during the 3x event. I could easily spend them all on boost / building cars, join a top 100 team, earn a lot of points during turf (legit racing, not self crushing), and earn a turf car. Point is it can be done....the question comes in around the immediate gratification part. If you are patient, you can do really well in the game without spending money. If you are a "I have to have this now" type person....then yeah, it'll cost you.
  • Options
    @Roush Sport if the game announced the events early.. then it would be a non issue.. but since the events are supposed to be secret and the avg player doesn't have access to them early. Unless you're a member of certain groups. (That most new players have no idea about) then yes it's unfair across the board.. didn't they just modify the lobby ratings to try to make it even/ fair across the board??
  • Options
    edited December 2016

@Roush Sport if the game announced the events early.. then it would be a non issue.. but since the events are supposed to be secret and the avg player doesn't have access to them early. Unless you're a member of certain groups. (That most new players have no idea about) then yes it's unfair across the board.. didn't they just modify the lobby ratings to try to make it even/ fair across the board??

They modified the ratings system due to a discrepancy between what the player was seeing as far as et's, versus what was being shown on the server side. Atleast that's my understanding anyway.

http://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/5350501/ryyst-blog-3-what-have-we-done#latest

"Why did this change affect car ratings and lobby placement? Simple really, our side of the game and your side of the game share data with each other. Without getting specific in to the game code, due to the delay between our servers and player’s devices sometimes the #X we see is slightly slower than the #X you see. However it was a pretty small difference and didn’t really hurt anything so it was fine. Would stay fine except there are people out there that don’t want to play the game, they’d rather profit and take advantage of legit racers. So they cheat. They exploit. They do everything they can to profit off of the players. It became apparent that our players were sick of it, and rightly so. We were too. So we started to figure out ways to stop it, or at the very least make it harder (let’s face it, nothing is hack proof really. Even huge companies with vast resources have issues with this). We accomplished this goal. The use of modified APKs is all but ended, with known “hackers” declaring that it is now way to much work to even try. Again, not completely stopped, but we’ve made it almost not worth the effort needed to cheat in this fashion. Now, does that mean our work is done? Not at all. While major means of cheating has been slowed down tremendously, these people will not stop trying. So we need to stay vigilant. Which we are.

So we looked at how things work and found places to improve things so that it is even harder to exploit. That meant tightening up things that were a bit flawed before. So, to use our example from earlier, now #X on our side has to equal #X from the players side. That will allow the game to accurately determine something. It was needed. For the good of the game as a whole, we had to do it.
    This is why all of a sudden cars tuned to a certain rating now find themselves in a different lobby, or why some cars rating have increased.
    I apologize for this coming out of nowhere. In all honesty, I don’t think we knew that this would change things as much as it has. The changes to lobby placement and speed ratings was a byproduct of this change that was not foreseen. What we are taking away from this is that we can no longer make changes without investigating what exactly will change and how that may affect players. What I will be striving to do is it provide patch notes for every update I can. I have asked that we (community and CS) know what changes are being made no matter how small. Then we can better prepare all of you for what changes are coming so there will be no surprises. "
  • Options
    @Roush Sport so exploiting the code that lets them get the events early is ok. But other exploits aren't??? Just asking.. don't wanna get this thread closed like the other one, cause I disagree with something...... Thanks
  • Options

@Roush Sport so exploiting the code that lets them get the events early is ok. But other exploits aren't??? Just asking.. don't wanna get this thread closed like the other one, cause I disagree with something...... Thanks

My opinion - no, it's not ok. But, the question is - depending on what is required to fix it....is the ends worth the means? I can't say - as I don't know how big of an undertaking it would be to fix it. As for the other thread, I didn't close it...but I can see why it was closed. Not because you disagreed with something - you are entitled to your opinion. It appears it was closed because it was simply becoming a "back and forth" match that wasn't going anywhere. The questions brought up were answered. There comes a point where you have to shut a thread down - because if you don't, it'll just turn into a never ending game of "why? why?". Lol - I do it with my 2 year old daughter daily. Everything is why, why? I get to a point where I simply say "Because I said so". Same thing my parents did to me when I was growing up.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

Its not exploiting code per se. It's data mining. Looking at the code to see whats there. We can't really stop it. Happens with a lot of games and what not.

And that other thread was closed because that discussion has been had time and time again and was getting no where. You feel the way you feel, and we do what we do. I could have just ignored the convo from that point on, but felt that the discussion had run its course. Either you agree with our stance or you disagree. Both are fine.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    @Roush Sport aight. It's cool.. it just seemed someone didn't like the questions I was asking and shut it down.. I'm cool.. just wish the next update would come out so I could play... Lol
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

@Roush Sport aight. It's cool.. it just seemed someone didn't like the questions I was asking and shut it down.. I'm cool.. just wish the next update would come out so I could play... Lol

It also devolved into a discussion about a specific player which is inappropriate for these forums.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options

No worries. For reference, please don't take anything posted here by me personally - it's never personal. If ever it gets to that point, I'll send you a direct message out of respect, versus posting it on a forum for the world to see.
  • Options
    @Ryyst @Roush Sport same. I will not make things personal. I know y'all are doing the best y'all can with what you have.. I just have differing opinions than most. It's all gravy..