Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

@ rryst when does the new update arrive for android users

Hi just want to know when the new update comes for android players i was told most ios players have it already

Comments

• Options
    couchrac3rcouchrac3r Registered Users 4,901 Posts
    They said they submitted it to google so it is now in google hands to aprove the update
  • Options
    DownShiftDownShift Registered Users 304 Posts

They said they submitted it to google so it is now in google hands to aprove the update

Android will be live in about an hour
  • Options
    SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    edited November 2016
    It's Live on Google now, and still looks like crap, all wheels come out as black no matter what wheel you choose.
  • Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    Refer to Ryyst's post - they haven't fixed the wheels / rims yet.
  • Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    edited November 2016
    @Roush Sport ryyst said they haven't fixed for 6.0. so 6.0.2 should be different. They opened a whole new set of worms trying to now run two platforms. Lol neither 6.0 or 6.0.2 looks better, acts better, or runs better than 5..3. every update is effectively killing the game. And that's not even bitchn. That's the truth.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    6.0.2 is only to give players the option to turn the enhanced graphics off (mind you, those graphics are still effectively broken when it comes to paint / rims), which should allow folks with older devices that can't handle the enhanced graphics (bear in mind, 6.0 had enhanced graphics always on) to be able to get on and play.

They aren't running different platforms, as the graphics settings only apply to the cars (so it seems). They don't change the interface (menus, tracks, etc) at all when you switch between enhanced and not enhanced.
  • Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @Roush Sport 10-4 haven't updated Loli just got used to the darn cartoon lag drop.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    If I shut off the advanced graphics the garage still looks dark, greeny and grainy. Cars look more like 5.3, not really 5.3, it plays better, but wheels come as black. (Specially the Green Twist, ACE-3 Red wheels)

• Options
    edited November 2016

If I shut off the advanced graphics the garage still looks dark, greeny and grainy. Cars look more like 5.3, not really 5.3, it plays better, but wheels come as black.

Exactly - the option to turn experimental graphics off, as I understand it, is supposed to reduce the strain on the device, meaning the game should play better, as less power is being used to make the picture "pretty", and more power is being used to actually run the game. Granted, it may not look "pretty", but the game should run better. Also, my understanding is that when you tweak the enhanced / experimental graphics settings, they only apply to the cars themselves.

That said, on certain versions of the Droid platform, you should also be able to turn off other effects, which should also help gameplay...but will also reduce graphic quality.

It's just like on PC - if you run a game at the highest graphics setting / resolution possible, depending on the PC, the game may look fantastic, but run slower than molasses moving uphill. Yet, if you drop the graphics to the lowest setting (again depending on the PC), the game may run perfectly, but look terrible. It's finding the balance of graphics quality versus playability...which is what they are trying to accomplish with this latest update. They are basically trying to give the players the ability to tweak the graphics / tailor them to their device, so that the game runs the way they want it to. If the game lags or runs slow, try turning some or all of the effects off...but bear in mind doing so will make the picture suffer.

Hope that helps?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    It's moving in the right direction but still needs more work, almost there. Can the Garage get more light, it looks like a cave
  • Options
    GoonGoon Registered Users 89 Posts
    update is live on android now.

Screenshot with experimental graphics off.

http://i.imgur.com/TkKzxO2.png
  • Options
    Disabling the CHAT notification does not disable the global chat at all, it says disables the notifications. They should have a switch to disable the global chat all together
  • Options
    GoonGoon Registered Users 89 Posts
    ^^ true. Disable the complete chat and not just the notification
  • Options
    @SpeedTrapp We are not going to disable global chat, only the notification.
  • Options
    CUSTOMPIRATE23535CUSTOMPIRATE23535 Registered Users 13 Posts
    ok thanks i got the update now i herd some players already got compensation in game but idk what u guys will offer but with the ability to turn off enhanced graphics im now able to play without my device overheating i dont know when u guys will roll out the compensations but i got people asking me what u guys will offer i told them to wait and see
  • Options

ok thanks i got the update now i herd some players already got compensation in game but idk what u guys will offer but with the ability to turn off enhanced graphics im now able to play without my device overheating i dont know when u guys will roll out the compensations but i got people asking me what u guys will offer i told them to wait and see

Compensation package was rolled out yesterday.
  • Options
    Game is lagging bad after latest update 6.0.2. Yes when you start playing it the game is fine but after 10 min of playing time it's just unplayable, this is experienced on a Galaxy S4 with Experimental graphics off and chat notifications off
  • Options
    FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    iPad and iPhone both lagging after the update to the update. Still unplayable.

Also, been installing upgrades on the Honda. The system has notified me 3x for each part that it has been installed. Had to restart the game to get it to stop
  • Options
    Fugyea said:

iPad and iPhone both lagging after the update to the update. Still unplayable.

Also, been installing upgrades on the Honda. The system has notified me 3x for each part that it has been installed. Had to restart the game to get it to stop

Please post these issues in the 6.0.2 bugs thread, thanks.